Health and Fitness Thread V1: 100% Adrenaline

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
If you are training for big muscles then do more weight and less reps (2-3 reps). Anything higher than 6-8 reps will only contribute to endurance.

icebags

Technomancer
Same question from me too. Will gymming in teenage years inhibit growth?

yah, dont do weight before 19, unless u have thinn bones and very little muscle. even so, it should not be done before 16.
on the other hand, push/pull /seat ups u can start from as young as age 5.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
yah, dont do weight before 19, unless u have thinn bones and very little muscle. even so, it should not be done before 16.
on the other hand, push/pull /seat ups u can start from as young as age 5.

There is no hard and fast age rule for that. If you can handle that, taking safety into consideration, you are good to go.

Pull ups, push ups and sit ups are essentially the very best body weight exercises. Good to assess power to weight ratio. Many variations exist to make them even more harder, like l shaped pull up etc. Include parallel bar dips too.

icebags

Technomancer
There is no hard and fast age rule for that. If you can handle that, taking safety into consideration, you are good to go.

actually the reason is physiological. doctors say not to do weight training in teenage, because it hampers natural growth of body. once the body slows down the growth factor, then weight training is suggested. however, many people do train with weights from teenage for some specific purposes, but they also develop a few problems. google search will reveal more about this.

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
^^ start from low weight (2kg dumbbells ) then go up .... after 2-3 month you should be able to de biceps curls with 7-8 kgs. do biceps, triceps, and chest exercises (bench press,butterfly etc), shoulders and little wighted squats 4-5 days a week. and see what happends after 6 month.

i was able to increase my weight from 55 to 64 kgs :) - thats 9 kgs all muscle and some bones. i m 6' and it feels better now, with better strength, balance, stamina etc.

I have already borrowed a 5kg dumbbell and do 20 times with 2-3 repetitions, again, not regular. Actually I used to have a good physique but lost it dunno why, may be my bad timings of everything; have never hit gym, but planning to start this month. Targeting 65kg in 2 months. Thanks for the reply :)

icebags

Technomancer
^^ b.o.l. :)
work out 1 hr a day, 4 days a week, eat 4 times a day, drink healthy, sleep plenty and keep a fresh mind.
lots of task, but they result sweet in the end.
:)

p.s. 20 is high. do s-l-o-w 15s in 3 sets. rest 2 minutes between each set.
with a 5 kg dumbbell, u can try
#bicep curls,
#triceps pull behind ur head,
#shoulder lifts,
#weighted sit-ups by holding it with 2 hands @ ur chest,
#crossing (touch alternate legs with hands while holding it in the same hand)

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
Yes, I'll make 1hr a day, probably 5-6 days a week.

Eating 4 times a day is impossible for me, even 3 is no-no. Bachelor life sucks :| :(

The only thing I've to target is to "sleep early, wake early", as my normal timing of sleeping has reduced to 3-4am which is too bad.

With dumbbells, I currently do #bicep curls & #tricep pull, don't know about rest, thanks for letting them know :)

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
It could have been conveyed in polite manner. I'm no expert. I can commit mistakes. It'd be nice of you remove the insulting elements from your post. There's no good in quarreling, so chill man !
I had a question in my mind since ages. Does going to gym and doing exercises dealing with heavy weights during teenage inhibit height growth. (answer it politely please)

@Nanducob

time for a chill pill eh? you'd take it yourself?
yeah yeah we must be polite all the time.really sorry for that.i apologise.But neither good is little knowledge as some one once said 'little knowledge is a dangerous thing'

My area of expertise is mainly rehab and fitness,bodybuilding is different scenario,but some there are some basic common things. so ill just give you some tips that i know,in doing exercises.

Timing:Doesnt matter at all,i d like to do exercises in the mornings since my whole day will be energetic after doing ex at morning plus i dont have to worry about it.
Frequency:5 days a week for those who go to gym/fitness centre.
Quantity:45 mins or until you feel like youre tired.Also Quality>Quantity,ie dont force yourself to do more and more but focus more on how perfectly you can do.

Before doing exercises:

Warmups:Its a very debatable area,i may do it for upto 2-5 mins max,jogging,jumping,pelvic rotations etc
Self Streching:
Strenching=less likely youre going to get injured during exercises.Big muscle streches like hamstrings-just bend over and try to touch the knees,without bending the knee[youll feel at the back of your thighs] or you can do it in sitting position.
others mucles includes quads,triceps,biceps etc
while doing streches hold down for a particular time[count up to 10 during strech]and gradually release otherwise its of little to no use.
While doing exercises:
Breathing:This is the important part,most folks will hold their breath during exercises.for body weight ex/pushups/weights breath in and then breathe out,ie in a pushup breath in at first[starting from the height upto the point where your nose is barely touches the ground] and breathe out during the ascend]Breathe in through the nose and out through the mouth.Follow this pattern,it needs some time to get used to it.
Positioning:it is also important,if you do it incorrect pos you may end working for secondary muscles

Renny

Padawan
Is Venky's Whey protein good? From the reviews it looks like its good enough.
Venky's Whey Protein | Buy Online Venky's Whey Protein in India | HealthKart.com

Can't go for ON (way beyond my budget!)

draco21

Dragon...Dragon...Dragon.
Hello people.....

i would like to know where to start from.....

currently i am too weak (typhoid for 2 months). Got cured in dec. and now at least no illness

that totally weakened me.... now i have very less weight and absolutely no strength. I would not be able to do even 2 push ups perfectly and would hit the floor......

i have no idea as to what exercises i should take on . Pls advice about joining gym or not and best way to at least gain some strength in arms,(currently totally skinny and fragile)

will worry about other things later

p.s. pls suggest excercises that i could possibly do (at gym or home )

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
draco: eat well, paneer tikka and all :D
If you are too weak, then too much strenuous exercise probably isn't a good idea. But here is a guide, that may be of use: Fitness

Body weight exercises

these are pretty awesome, I have started doing the jump on the bed with one leg and i can feel my muscles being used. baki exercises karne ki himmat nahi hui though

Gollum

Collector
Eat meat - red meat - everyday - drink lots of water - have lots of bananas - lift heavy[heavy for you type] weights

draco21

Actually i am veg

i could try paneer daily but no meat.....

thnx Cute.... i will try that guide...... Also could you recommend something that would eventually give a little strength to my arms to do at least 10 pushups??That's my target for next 2-3 months....

aaruni

The Linux Guy
eat lots of sprouts and drink lots of milk.

do some basic exercises before you can get back on doing push ups.

try doing the easier variant of a push up, in which you are balancing yourself on your knees, instead of your feet.

*www.cbc.ca/stevenandchris/images/36_KneePushUp1.jpg

draco21

^^ that excercise is kinda sth i could do.Will do more in evening as i just had breakfast.Thnx for suggesting. am hopeful of some results in 2-3 months
anyways how many sets and reps do you suggest so that i wont strain so much as no being able to do it next day. Also how should i increase it with progress???

checked that fitness guide..... it has programs for newbies but i need to go to gym. If i go, it is at least 15-20 days away due to exams. Thanks again cutie :)

also any other excercises i should consider or this semi push up should get all my attention???

aaruni

The Linux Guy
i am no expert, but i think you should start with the maximum number you can do comfortably, and then increase by a rep or two every day.

I did started doing this in april, and now i can comfortably do 100 pushups in one go.

Also, you would want to do things which strengthen your abdomen, as push-ups also work the abdomen, and you could get severe pains over your stomach, if your abs are too weak and you overwork them while pushing up.

draco21

Oh they are weak.....

i am in weakest possible state.....

any way to readuce pain without sacrificing excercise?? or should i just workout for a little less than the maximum

Top Bottom