Health and Fitness Thread V1: 100% Adrenaline

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
So i was thinking of creating a thread where I wanted to share my experience and encourage others to do the same for the lulz.

I never actually though of joining gym but then to keep myself busy and to forget someone...lol. But then it is one of the best thing ever happened to me (except the introduction to the internet).
Below mentioned exercises are bodyweight exerciases, so you can do them at home with minimal to no expenses.

I was always good at push ups, i mean the regular ones. But now extended to many variations (triangle, wide grip, uneven grip, one leg, one arm, hip, atlas, hindu, started to the progression for handstand) and varying difficulty (increase elevation, fist, knuckles). One hand push up is a real killer. I can manage 5 rocky style. Now the next challenge is handstand.

But pull ups (i mean hand in pronated position, wide grip and lift upto chin from dead hang without any momentum or jerks) were a different business altogether. I was able to do zero pull ups some two months back. But now at the starting of this month miraculously I did my first pull up...fcuk yeah! And currently I am at the count of five and ever increasing. The probem is not your weight but the strength. I gained weight here while doing workout.

Third one is dips and bench dips. For those awesome chiseled triceps you gotta churn out them as much as you can. I usually do 5 dips and 10 bench dips.

For abs hanging leg raise really burns you deep down. But to get six packa you gotta reduce that chunck of fat around ur tummy. Unforunately it is not that simple as whole body fat is to be reduced, spot reducing doesnt work. Fortunately i dont get fat accumulated easily so thats a plus point. I am working in for 6 packs.

If you can do push ups, pull ups and dips then you are already past halfway to the fitness.

I'll add more content later. Proper way to do workout and prevent injuries. Even some hints about diet one should take. Though I am a learner in this feld.

confused

Evolving Rapidly...
nice initiative, but at this rate we will soon have a "the good $ex life thread". :p

my own experience with fitness is yoga. but that was long time back. still it was one of the turning points of my life.

sujoyp

Grand Master
I am a regular gym-goer coz of my overweight:smile:....I should say after stepping in gym I feel like my strength and stamina increase by 4 times..

I tried to workout at home but felt too lazy to even workout for 15-20 mins..at gym I workout continuously for 2 hours...:p

adi007

Youngling
Any tips to increase weight and get a good shape ..
I am 20 and still around 45-47 Kg and look very thin and pale ... Its not my eating habits its normal..
BTW do think people go to gym to tone their body ? Never seen any thin guy saying i go to gym :p

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^you are an ectomorph or may be in between ecto and meso. I am something in between ecto and meso. I am 23 and weigh 58kg. Before i was 55kg.
I'll say that it will be much easier for u to gain weight. By that i mean lean muscle weight and not fat. And muscle is heavier by volume compared to fat.

Remember the strategy to build big muscles and strength is to lift heavy with less repititions (6-12) per set. But before that prepare your body for two weeks. I workout from mon to fri.
Contrary if you are already bulky the you need to tone up. Any cardio exercise for more than 20 mins. Pushups can qualify as cardio but treadmill is good too. And the lift less weight and more repitions for toning up and endurance.

Initially i was doin less weight and more reps. But then i switched to more weight less reps (6-8). Believe me i gained a whole chunk of lean muscle. And now my clothes feel tight...lol.

One more thing, always warm up before doing weight exercise. Be it treadmill or pushups. Both are good for racing ur heart for warm up. Also during weight exer do some hanging or any activity which ease out the muscles and stretch them to relax. This way you will be able to do more with minimal fatigue.

It will be easier for u to get 6 packs, the ultimate fitness test. But it wont be that quick.

As for diet, i usually hav quaker oats for breakfast and dinner with some fruit juice mixed with two scoops of b-protin. You gonna need protein to help muscle regeneration. And oats are the best thing coz you wont feel empty and the release of carbohydrate is gradual. Throughout the day it will keep you metabolism going.

I was much thinner before, it was frikkin embarrassing to take out my shirt. And yeah i hav seen people with great chiseled body.

There r two websites which act as source of inspiration for me: beastskills and unique-bodyweight-exercises. Do checkout to see the human body limits.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
I am a regular gym-goer coz of my overweight:smile:....I should say after stepping in gym I feel like my strength and stamina increase by 4 times..

I tried to workout at home but felt too lazy to even workout for 15-20 mins..at gym I workout continuously for 2 hours...:p

Yeah exactly, you feel too lazy to do the workout at home I don't know why. Even I'm overweight and thinking of reducing some chunks by joining a gym at least for a month till the first year of my college starts. :)

Rahim

Married!
I am skinny too but due to sedatary work habits and studies have gained fat around tummy and chest :( Chest part looks very embarrassing, I cant wear my favourite kurta pyjama because it shows the cones too much :( I do 40-45 push ups and 60 dips but it doesnt seem to work. I am planning to buy a treadmill, how much does it cost?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
I am skinny too but due to sedatary work habits and studies have gained fat around tummy and chest :( Chest part looks very embarrassing, I cant wear my favourite kurta pyjama because it shows the cones too much :( I do 40-45 push ups and 60 dips but it doesnt seem to work. I am planning to buy a treadmill, how much does it cost?
Why do you want to buy treadmill? Don't u have any GYM near by ur home or workplace/college?

I'm a gym regular since last 1.5 yrs. Main intention is a fit and healthy body not muscles. I know I can't maintain them, at least I can maintain a flat tummy.

I hit our office gym after work for 1.5Hrs.
Start with warm-up. Skipping (300-400), treadmill 5-10 mins. Then regular warm-ups like push-up, sit-up.
Then concentrate only on crunches. This is my recent routine, used to do legs, chest, shoulder previously but stopped using machine involvement as much as possible.

The gym sessions are great stress-buster for me, gives me a sound sleep and a very refreshing start in the next morning.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I do 40-45 push ups and 60 dips but it doesnt seem to work. I am planning to buy a treadmill, how much does it cost?

You r the beast if you can do 40-45 pushups in one rep and 60 dips in one rep :p

Instead of spending money on treadmill go outside and run. Nothing beats the fresh morning run.

cute.bandar

Cyborg Agent
Chest part looks very embarrassing, I cant wear my favourite kurta pyjama because it shows the cones too much I do 40-45 push ups
I am no expert but wouldn't doing pushups actually increase your chest ? I have done lots of pushups in the past and have a strong chest. I don't find it embarrassing though. Can you flex your chest muscles btw ?

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I used to do 50 pushups...but then I noticed the extra bulge in chest muscles...and yes I agree with a_rahim...it is embarrassing. So i had to stop that.
Now I continue the regime in my office gym. 10 minutes of treadmill, 10 minutes stepper, few bench presses and then I go for dumbles to shape triceps and shoulder muscles.
I sweat a lot, so I need atleast 15 minutes to dry the sweat off completely before hitting shower...

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Then concentrate only on crunches. This is my recent routine, used to do legs, chest, shoulder previously but stopped using machine involvement as much as possible.

The gym sessions are great stress-buster for me, gives me a sound sleep and a very refreshing start in the next morning.

Include more compound exercises like hanging leg raise etc.
Machine exercises will not work out ur stabilizer muscles but they are safer and good to begin with.

Gym sessions are a true stress buster. Its like i wait for the clock to tick 6:30 so that i can do the lulz over there in the gym. Feel good factor.

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
Is there any way to reduce tummy and waise without going to gym ??

Being 6 yrs in IT industry ..I have become very fatty :( ........

I had two three times gone to gym but I am very lazy..I leave it in 1 or 2 months ....at max....... :(

Its easy to gain weight but when it comes to reduce it, takes hell lot of workout. I regularly play Basketball for >= 1hr and i never gain weight even if my working hrs on computer are 10-12 hrs or more :D

sujoyp

Grand Master
if u really wanna have fun and reduce ur weight there r some simple options

1. Morning Walk
2. Jogging around the park
3. Swimming
4. Join a sports club or play some game like badminton, basketball etc..
5. Morning cycling

Just gym wont decrease ur weight...my trainer said that initial 15kg is very easy to reduce then its difficult as hell:sad:

If u wanna exercise u really have to bear the pain and do it for long time to reduce...I am doing that..daily some part or the other pains:razz:...but then there is MOOV ->Aah se Aaaha Tak:razz::razz:

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^swimming is total body workout and highly recommended for those who can. Best thing is that one learns a very essential skill and further there is no risk of injury. Just dont get drowned :p

Spot weight reducing is not possible. Its not like u will miraculously lose fat on your abs. It can only be reduced undormly thruout the body.

Sujoyp, i hope you are not giving stress to ur bones but muscles. Also try not to lock ur elbows during workout becoz it basically puts a lota of friction in joint and can set you back for one week also the tension in you muscle no longer remains becoz ur bonea are lifting the weights.

Keep your joints and body tense during workout. I sprained my left wrist, fortunately it got back to normal in one week but i missed some exercises.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nope basically I am going gym to get fit....I should say I have soo much weight that I cant even run for 10 mins:sad:....soo some or other muscle start paining...Not a big problem though..

After doing a week gym I got lower back problem and it was really painful...but with right instruction from my trainer and 2-3 masages i was 100% fit in just 2 days:razz:...Again started doing everything:smile:.

Always follow ur trainers instruction...dont be in too hurry to build up urself..

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
my trainer said that initial 15kg is very easy to reduce then its difficult as hell:sad:

whattttt !!! yaar mere liye itna hee kaafi hai....15 kg wowwwwwwwww ! :p

I am thinking of buying an air bike (training cycle) for Rs 7500/-..wats ur advice..will it reduce wt if I do it daily 30-45 mins ?

sujoyp

Grand Master
^^ Actually the water level reduces in our body initially...soo u can say with the 1st 15kg u r loosing 10kg water and 5 kg fats:p...but after that its just fats...soo it becomes more difficult:sad:

@esumitkumar the training cycle will definitely help...but keep increasing and decreasing the difficulty level so as to strain and relax ur body....

In my gym I workout on a magnetic cycle and its much difficult...it makes a program according to ur height weight and age...and sets a 12min training session....the difficulty level changes every 15-30 seconds...very exhaustive:smile:

esumitkumar

Call me Sumit
hmm..thnx...will try out air bike

In my vicinity thr is a very gud health club

Welcome to Celebrity Fitness - Ultimate Fitness Experience

but its charges are quite high ..3500/- per month :(

Top Bottom