Health and Fitness Thread V1: 100% Adrenaline

sujoyp

Grand Master
I wasted all my 1.5 yr of weight reduction efforts in last 1 yr. reduced 12Kg and again gained 10Kg .
Reduction need soo much efforts , diet restriction, pain and gaining is soooo much easy :(

Now I am back to size 44 (I managed to reduce to size 36 ) Life is soo unfair.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
Lol yes. It is really hard to get rid of the belly. But you have already done it once so you know it is possible for you. Don't give up now! You can get back to the old habbit of controlling your diet and workout.

But man I understand the pain. In last 2 years all I have gained is more belly. I felt embarrassed when I had to get in swimming pool on a get together of batch mates. So I have been "planning"(like always) to change few things before another get together.

icebags

Technomancer
You mean decreased?
no, increased by about half or one inch. it's not quite a bad thing i guess, i am a bit thin, so some muscles and may be a little fat developed around waist area due to running.

@sujoyp you should start running too. a lot of people catching up the habit or running a few half marathons or 10ks in running seasons (sep-feb) these days. so many people attended in kolkata, mumbai, bengaluru marathons last year. :)

all you need to do is run/jog 2 days a week for 1 hr and you will be ready to participate.

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Wow!!!
I worked out for about 6 months, I couldn't even reduce an inch. If not for the knee injury, I would've continued.

harry10

Gadgets freak
I wasted all my 1.5 yr of weight reduction efforts in last 1 yr. reduced 12Kg and again gained 10Kg .
Reduction need soo much efforts , diet restriction, pain and gaining is soooo much easy :(

Diet. Even if you aren't exercising and maintain a clean diet the gains will be very less.

I was 107 kg. In 3 months I am down to 90kg. Primarily cos of leaving all junk food, sweet stuff, oily and anything fatty aside + a lot of running and some amount of gyming. Takes a lot of discipline and dedication but when the results come it's all worth it.

Currently trying to gain the muscle mass which I have lost so weight is constant since a month. Will try reducing few kgs more once muscle mass is on a good level.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 Pro using Tapatalk

TheSloth

The Slowest One
no, increased by about half or one inch. it's not quite a bad thing i guess, i am a bit thin, so some muscles and may be a little fat developed around waist area due to running.

@sujoyp you should start running too. a lot of people catching up the habit or running a few half marathons or 10ks in running seasons (sep-feb) these days. so many people attended in kolkata, mumbai, bengaluru marathons last year. :)

all you need to do is run/jog 2 days a week for 1 hr and you will be ready to participate.
But how you've got fat when you are running consistently? It doesn't work like this as far as I know. May be you are eating oil/ghee/junk food more than you are burning with jogging. Even if you are lean, belly fat is never good. I have and I hate it. I am also very lean.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
If you exercise regularly there is no need to go to the gym
Actually no. It depends on body type and the objective of the person. For some people, just home exercise isn't enough to reduce weight. maintaining a diet is another challenge. If anyone has time and money to go to gym, should do that if one want to reduce the weight.

icebags

Technomancer
But how you've got fat when you are running consistently? It doesn't work like this as far as I know. May be you are eating oil/ghee/junk food more than you are burning with jogging. Even if you are lean, belly fat is never good. I have and I hate it. I am also very lean.

whether fat or muscle, that i cant tell for sure, but everybody has more or less subcutaneous belly fat, except those rugged up packed people. i eat lots of calories too, including junk foods and oil, but belly kinda remains in its flat 2 pack form somehow.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
This is great. You can enjoy more food without worrying much about the waist size. Any sports you play regularly??
whether fat or muscle, that i cant tell for sure, but everybody has more or less subcutaneous belly fat, except those rugged up packed people. i eat lots of calories too, including junk foods and oil, but belly kinda remains in its flat 2 pack form somehow.

icebags

Technomancer
This is great. You can enjoy more food without worrying much about the waist size. Any sports you play regularly??

well, thats pretty much what i do all the time. i eat till i am full, and never care about what i am eating - meat / veg / sweets / fat. so far there has not been any problem, whether i run around or just spend the day sleeping in bed.

but i do need to eat a lot of carbs/ rice. if i don't, i feel less energetic.

icebags

Technomancer
and here are some motivational stuff to motivate people for long distance running. :)

fact: did you know humans are among the only few animals, who have bodies for running long long distances ?

watch video :

conclusion : if you are not running long distances (provided you are medically fit and consulted doctor about this) then you are not using your body's true capabilities. :D

@sujoyp why did you run away though ?

more stuff :
chemistry stuff :

first marathons :

kolkata 10k :

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
@icebags if I was so active and fitness freak I would not be fat ;) I got married and thought will relax for sometime...but never thought weight will increase soo easily
I was in 90s from 12th itself ...maintained for 18 yrs I would say :D

icebags

Technomancer
@icebags if I was so active and fitness freak I would not be fat ;) I got married and thought will relax for sometime...but never thought weight will increase soo easily
I was in 90s from 12th itself ...maintained for 18 yrs I would say :D

:goodjob: , now its your time to start being active and set a good example in front of your kids !

Top Bottom