Health and Fitness Thread V1: 100% Adrenaline

aaruni

The Linux Guy
I needz to buff up. Or I want to buff up. Whatever.

I am almost 6 feet, weigh 62kg.

I used to go for boxing classes, so, am comfortable doing push-ups, etc. Can do 50 at a time. I have the basic, chest out stomach in posture, but want to buff up.

icebags

Technomancer
^weight gym 4 days a week + egg white + banana(x4) milk(2glass milk+2glass water) + 3 nice meals a day will buff u upp for sure.

aaruni

The Linux Guy
someone wanna explain weight training, or will I have to google.

No nandu, I don't lift. Don't have the equipment

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
^^if you ever went to gym you should have noticed some guys lying down and lifting weights.they gradually increase weights

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Bigger weights = bigger muscles

Any more reps than 2-8 will only increase the endurance.

icebags

Technomancer
kk.

so no way to buffness w/o equipment?

high number push ups, squats are all good for burning fat, but they cant increase muscle volume much. weight training is the way to increase muscles.

however, weight training without proper meal & rest will do the opposite, ur body will break down.

u need to go slow, steady, multiple sets with no more than 10-15 reps each set, so that muscles can recover and rebuild.

deepakkrishnan

Broken In
All the fitness guru's here, want your assistance to move towards healthy lifestyle ( read start exercising and healthy eating ). I'm 30 years old male. 5'5" inches tall , current weight is 65KGs. My work schedule is 3:00 pm - 00:30am on weekdays, w/weekend offs. Can someone devise a fitness plan for a complete noob and a beginner

Few points to keep in mind.

1. Upper has no strength as I can't manage a single push up or pull up.
2. Core is slightly better as I can manage 20-25 reps or crunches( normal and reverse inclined )
3. Legs are in good shape due to all the running around that I do every day. Haven't taken an elevator in years, take 2-3 steps at a time while climbing up.
4. Have quit smoking since 1st April.
5. Stopped eating fatty and junk food for quite some time now, do cheat once or twice a month but nothing major.
6. End up missing out lunch and proper dinner on most of the work days.

Also if someone can help me with a basic meal plan that I can keep with my work schedule (I cannot make any changes to this schedule ) and it's fixed till I get promoted or change the company, just to add i'm living alone so i'll have to manage all my cooking (it's doable)

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
[MENTION=184104]deepakkrishnan[/MENTION]

The trick to good body to weight power is to do more bodyweight exercises.

1. Push ups - It's like hold yourself in static position for as long as possible if you cannot do even 1 push up. Another thing is to do only part of the cycle (or motion). Don't go down too much. Your muscles will adapt for full range soon. It takes time.

2. Pull ups (not the chin ups) - These are much harder than push ups as you are pulling your entire weight up. Jump over and hang on to the bar as long as possible while descending in a control manner. Do this for few weeks. You will be able to do full range pull up soon and the numbers will increase to more.

It's about how much patience and persistence you have.

After that you can move on to weight training for larger muscle mass.

I am 5.7 and 75 KG weight.

aaruni

The Linux Guy
I can do pushups easy, around 50 daily easy, even 70 if I'm in the mood for it.

Pullups, I can barely mange the 4th one. :( .

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I can do pushups easy, around 50 daily easy, even 70 if I'm in the mood for it.

Pullups, I can barely mange the 4th one. :( .

add inclined push ups. Feet above ground. and do with one feet touching the surface and other afloat. trick is to challenge your body.

deepakkrishnan

Broken In
Thanks [MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION].. will make a plan this weekend and would update. any idea on what to eat ( more important when ).;

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Thanks [MENTION=20614]Faun[/MENTION].. will make a plan this weekend and would update. any idea on what to eat ( more important when ).;
Telling you my regimen. May or may not work for you. Decide for yourself.

Eat a big meal in the morning. Preferably which includes eggs, curd, dry fruits, butter, potatoes, cereals with fibres. If you are trying to gain weight then your calorie intake for a day should be greater than the calorie consumption. It's simple math. But you need to convert those calories to muscles, else you will get fat. Drink good amount of water too.

Don't do lunch normally. Drink 4-5 cups of teas during the day. Just don't boil tea too much. Adding hot water in a glass and dipping tea bags is better.

I usually take mass gainer in the morning and at night before sleep as don't have much time to eat full meal. Eggs again at night. Noodles with butter as snacks when I return home. Green apple and orange in fruit. Spinach boiled some times a week. Some times lentils and rice instead. Drinking enough water before going sleep is important too.

Prunes as snacks too.

Just keep variety in diet. Don't make food boring but eat healthy.

Top Bottom