Health and Fitness Thread V1: 100% Adrenaline

RBX

In the zone
eat Chapatti.
workout till failure
change exercise
increase weights
reduce workout time to one hour

Everything's included except changing exercises. My gym instructor doesn't like people changing the routine. So, I've been watching videos and trying stuff but not doing that on a regular basis.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Thanks sujoyp...If i do this say 30 to 50 times...does it burn the belly fat fast? :)

To reduce small belly do this exercise
*www.isteroids.com/bodybuilding/training_pictures/crunches.jpg
This is highly effective...do it as much as u can...its for abs only
Start with 10x2...
1. Dont move ur legs..
2. Dont stress ur neck too much.
3. Dont drink water/consume food 15 mins before this excercise

See to it that the pressure should be on ur belly/abs and not on neck:)) GO-GO-GO:lol:

patrick4

Chief
I am planning of hitting the gym from today.. primarily to build muscle tone and get in shape. I am currently very lean (6"2 ft and 65 kg), i have no intention of become like john abraham/ salman khan, but atleast to look like a well built and presentable human being..

I have been following normal food habits and sleep for atleast 6 hrs a day. Could sm1 give me pointers as to how to start off or atleast what to do once i enter a gym (honestly i have no clue).. from the outside, it looks to me like a giant scrap yard filled with metal objects :p..

Also are the any specific diets/ food habbits to follow??

Please use as little "gym lingo" as possible, i am really clueless..

PS - Sorry to necro this 4 month old thread.. just avoided creating a new one.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^first make your body stronger by doing bodyweight exercises like push ups, pull ups (I am not sure if you can do that because this one is considerably hard and even those who are brawny fails to do simple pull ups) and dips (start with bench dips and then parallel bar).

The point here is that you should be in total control of you body. Try to hang onto the bars and count when you feel like letting go your grip.

Eat regular food, may want to increase the intake and do include dry fruits.

vaibhav23

In the zone
I am 5 feet 6 inches and 64kg.Since last 3 months I have stopped playing football due to which I have got a belly.Need to reduce weights quick so I have started to eat two bowls of oats,reduced chappatis from 2 to 1 and have started eating dry fruits.
Please give me suggestion to do exercises every morning before going to school(35-40 min)

Nachrid

Right off the assembly line
Any tips to increase weight and get a good shape ..
I am 20 and still around 45-47 Kg and look very thin and pale ... Its not my eating habits its normal..
BTW do think people go to gym to tone their body ? Never seen any thin guy saying i go to gym :p

Slim figure

R2K

In the Zone
Does anyone have any idea about the recommended recovery time in between workouts / sessions.
I have heard recovery time is essential as after a certain time the muscles will stop growing/responding to the workouts if there is not enough recovery time / rest

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
so i started exercising in feb , i was 70 kg and according to my bmi i was overweight
i lost 3 kgs in a months whcih was awesome.
Then i became busy and stopped.

Started gyming again from 12th may.
I was 67.8 kg.

I have stopped eating sweet dish completely and also stopped eating cheese. Eat less of rice and more of rotis.
I do tread mill for 15 mins on burn calorie setting.
then i do cross trainer for 10 mins on burn calories settings.
I burn about 250 kcals in total in these two.

then i do 6kg dumbles, a few sets.
I also do 3-4 machines (sorry i dont know there names) each with 20 kg+ weights.
started doing push ups/crunches ( i dont do it regularly.. should i do it regularly?)

but the main problem is that i seem to have hit a wall at 67kg. it's 4th june and i'm not losing weight at all.
What should i do? how should i change my routine?

btw, i have a useless trainer

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
I'm 15 and having around 5 feet 7 inches of height. I weigh around 50 kg approx. I did around 50 push-ups( in 2 sets of 25 ) a few months back. I stopped doing them and now when I try them I face problem after a count of 20. Any advice on how to get myself back on track ?

Renny

Padawan
so i started exercising in feb , i was 70 kg and according to my bmi i was overweight
i lost 3 kgs in a months whcih was awesome.
Then i became busy and stopped.

Started gyming again from 12th may.
I was 67.8 kg.

I have stopped eating sweet dish completely and also stopped eating cheese. Eat less of rice and more of rotis.
I do tread mill for 15 mins on burn calorie setting.
then i do cross trainer for 10 mins on burn calories settings.
I burn about 250 kcals in total in these two.

then i do 6kg dumbles, a few sets.
I also do 3-4 machines (sorry i dont know there names) each with 20 kg+ weights.
started doing push ups/crunches ( i dont do it regularly.. should i do it regularly?)

but the main problem is that i seem to have hit a wall at 67kg. it's 4th june and i'm not losing weight at all.
What should i do? how should i change my routine?

btw, i have a useless trainer

That's called hitting a "Plateau". If you are close to your ideal BMI losing weight will be tough. If not:

7 Tips on How to Break a Weight Loss Plateau - wikiHow

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^first make your body stronger by doing bodyweight exercises like push ups, pull ups (I am not sure if you can do that because this one is considerably hard and even those who are brawny fails to do simple pull ups) and dips (start with bench dips and then parallel bar).

The point here is that you should be in total control of you body. Try to hang onto the bars and count when you feel like letting go your grip.

Eat regular food, may want to increase the intake and do include dry fruits.

I used to hit the gym but have left it now. I can still do 100 pushups ( 20 pushups in 5 sets with 20-30 secs gap). In one go, i can manage 50-60.
I can also do pull ups and benchdips ( very difficult after 100 pushups).

I wish to start working out again. I'm 5-10 and 60kgs. I need to build more body mass without losing speed and need some advice on this.
Currently practicing Brazilian jiu-jitsu (self practice).

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
tl;dr.. im a lazzy a$$ :p

jokes apart I have to reduce my weight im 5'.5" and 73KG :shock: "thinking" of joining a Gym from ages..

aaruni

The Linux Guy
I am 15 years old.
I am 5"9 and weigh around 60 KGs.
I look very lean and weak.
I want to look healthy.

As of now, I can do 40-50 Crunches easily, and only 10 pushups, that too with much difficulty..

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
^ What diet are you taking ? I started from 10 and reached 25 in a month or two. If you can't do 10 pushups at 1 go, then try in sets. Like 3 sets of 5 pushps, with a break of 30-60 sec between each. Then increase the count per set every week by 1 i.e. 1st week-3 sets of 5, 2nd week-3 sets of 6, 3rd week-3 sets of 7.

Last edited:

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz
^You really underestimate me...
I actually did them back in 10th. Left it when i began with 11th. Now if someone suddenly asks me then I won't be able to do more than 15-20. I'm thinking of starting again after exams.

Top Bottom