Went to the gym after a long interval of 1 month. Feels so good :D

Let me measure my flexed biceps :p

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
13' now :D

Once thing I noticed is that for big arms you should pay more attention to triceps than biceps as triceps make up 2/3 of your arms. And reverse barbel curls for that extra peak when you flex your biceps.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^eat, sleep and stop worrying.

b/w stopped visiting gym since 3 months. Gained a bit of fat in my belly. Needto start-over.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ico
If u want to increase ur lean muscle mass and hence overall weight without that fat covering then u gotta do exercise regularly. No, u wont see result in 1 week. It may take more than one month but its worth the efforts.
Start with bodyweight exercises like push ups, pull ups and dips. Push ups are easier and workout core part too. Pull ups will add to muscles over upper torso. You know that V shaped look. But let me tell u pull ups and dips are insanely hard. So for the time being stick with push ups. Advantage is that pushups works as cardio too so if u do enough sets then u will be burning out fats too. These three exercises are effective muscle and strength building exercises.

If u can afford to go to gym then gaining lean muscle weight will be much easier. The trick to get bigger and stronger muscles is to lift heavy weights with 6-8 repititions per set. You muscles adapts to ur lifestyle. So if you are not doing any strenuous activities then the muscles will have a cutdown to save energy. So push the limits to stimulate muscle growth but remember to know the line between slight pain and injury. Patience and gradual progress is the key.

As for meals, eat breakfast like a king and dinner as a miser. Include bananas as they r a good source of potassium and helps in building muscles also good for nervous system. Take care of ur daily protein intake too. I'd say eggs r a daily good source but soy protein can be a good substitute too. Eat the cereals and pulses, eat them whole. Overall i think u must be heaving a good nutritious diet already at home.
Sadly, I couldn't go to a gym and lift weights. But I did push-ups and pull-ups regularly. The lines around my abdomen and lower abdomen are more sharper now (they were already sharp before) but I haven't gained any weight or muscle. :oops:

I'm approximately 6 feet and still 62kgs. That's the problem. I need some muscle around my thin hands.

There isn't any problem with my diet. I really eat lot and I eat everything (except pork and beef). Huge amount of fat and protein intake, but nothing is helping.

R2K

In the Zone
hell yeah!!!
So finally today I executed a perfect 4 sec handstand on my own over my coir mattress. Previously I was not able to push my legs up. Another achievement unlocked :D

For past few weeks of experimenting I have drawn up some conclusions.
1. For massive forearms do reverse barbell curls and reverse barbell preacher curls (moved to15k from 10 k). Keep repititions between 6-8-12. Do not move ur upper arms or flare out elbows. Its better to do 3 reps with good technique than cheating ur way to 10. Must say my forearms looks beastly. Also bicep bulge now extend to elbow joint.
2. Started doing deep dips for triceps and pectorals (elbows flare out). Got sore rhomboids. But thats fine cuz now upper body looks more chiseled. And best of my triceps which are 2/3rd of arm adding up to my guns. If u want to build massive arms then do not miss out on triceps as they make up 2/3rd of ur upper arm.
3.Dead hang pullups are getting better day by day with straight body posture.
4. Military press limit increased to 30k. Good for shoulders when done with correct techniques.
5. Doing barbell shoulder shrugs, traps are geting more toned up. First thing someone notices are the traps :p
6. Started doing medicine ball push ups. Great when you want extra challenge. Able to do 8 reps with good form. Core takes a lot of hit. Thats why i like compound exercises.
7. Tried dragonfly exercise with bent knees. Was able to do 3 semi reps. Guess it will take few months of developing steel abs with plank, side planks before i can do a single rep without bent knees.
8. Tried human flag at home with window grill. Wasn't able to do it. Will try to do it on other suitable object with optimum hand elevation. Guess this one too require some practice.
9. Did backlever on pull up bar. Its A level trick and i was able to hold it for good amount of time. Lol...some people say was i into gymnasitc :p

As for food
1. Finally i have moved away from non-veg. It just stinks and further i hav much better healthy alternatives now. Almost hated the rubbery feeling of mutton last week. Dunno what they r feeding them.
2. Oats r my current fav with some wheat bran. Both provide the best of nutrients and quick to prepare meals. With a bowl full of oat i can make thru without having lunch.
3. Usually in morning i mix 3 spoons of b-protin + 1 spoon choco powder + 2 spoons honey. Add water, warm for 3 min(optional). Quick and whole meal ready.
4. Before that i munch down sprouted moong and chana.
5. At lunch go fo butter cheese plain sandwich and fruit juice (sometime skips the sandwich)
6. After gym in evening, a quickie like chikki (jaggery + peanuts) or protein bar and soy milk.
7. At night 1 cheese slice followed by oats mixed with squash and 3 spoons b protin. Sometime MTR ready to eat palak paneer, matar paneer, pindi chana, paneer makhni with 2 aloo da parontha and curd.

You seem to be consuming awful lot of protein per day...Is that really good?:???:

rahul_c

Journeyman
I was once fat weighted about 82 kg, I joined gym and started eating properly and lost 20 KG in 10 months!
Living healthy rocks :)

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Went to the gym after so many days, max pull up count decreased to 10 and in subsequent sets to 8, 6, 4 :/

Feeling good.

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
I am 5 foot 4 inches and few months ago had put on lot of weight (around 77kg). Started exercising daily now. Had joined gym earlier, but then can't give much time at home.
Now 100 crunches and 70 pushups (in 2 sets) regularly keeps the weight in control!

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
even i'm trying to get fit now , did 6kms of cycling today, thinking of adding push ups and pull ups from tomorrow

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Any comments about WHEY protein? I go for kickboxing (1 hr) thrice/week. No gym. But I do sometimes workout at home. Cardio twice/week and a bit of weight lifting (4-5 kgs). I am currently eating eggs, raw vegetables, beans and chicken breast piece as food everyday. The sad part is that I didn't lose a Kilo after starting to eat raw veggies and chicken. It's been 4 weeks now. Any who, should I take WHEY protein? People who workout heavily only they should take it or normal use is fine? Also WHEY is costly. There was one 200g protein shake from some (British something) costing half of WHEY. Does anyone know any other good brands?

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United
ON's (optimum Nutrition) 100% Whey costs 2700 for 2.5Kg tub and 4700 for 5Kg tub.

They are the best in the world.

And whey is one of the cheapest protein. I would stay away from that unnamed protein shake.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@Chirag
That was probably B-Protin by British Biologicals. It's soy + whey protein.

Whey is like any other protein. Won't do anything if you wont work out and eat regular meals properly.

Though I prefer ON's Serious Mass and Casein.

ON's Whey protein is quality product, dissolves instantly in water.

RBX

In the zone
It's about the end of my 6th month at gym and the results are negligible.
During first month I gained 3.3Kgs (was 59.9 while starting), was quite happy.
Next month's gain was 1.2 Kgs, a let down but not too depressing.
Yet another month, weight gain -0.1Kg (Negative) :???:
And since then it's pretty much been the same.

My gym instructor is a peculiar one. His training starts as soon as he sees new customers :| No point asking him for diet plans.

It's winter - I'm on eggs (not less/more than 2), bananas, milk, grams, raisins at breakfast.
a medium diet at college break, regular diet at lunch at home, some snacks at evening, and again a regular diet at dinner.
and need some suggestions cause I've been on the same diet (excluding eggs) for months, tried soy but it didn't suit me.

Gollum

Collector
Sadly, I couldn't go to a gym and lift weights. But I did push-ups and pull-ups regularly. The lines around my abdomen and lower abdomen are more sharper now (they were already sharp before) but I haven't gained any weight or muscle. :oops:

I'm approximately 6 feet and still 62kgs. That's the problem. I need some muscle around my thin hands.

There isn't any problem with my diet. I really eat lot and I eat everything (except pork and beef). Huge amount of fat and protein intake, but nothing is helping.

eat food 4 times a day.
drink water every two hours.

It's about the end of my 6th month at gym and the results are negligible.
During first month I gained 3.3Kgs (was 59.9 while starting), was quite happy.
Next month's gain was 1.2 Kgs, a let down but not too depressing.
Yet another month, weight gain -0.1Kg (Negative) :???:
And since then it's pretty much been the same.

My gym instructor is a peculiar one. His training starts as soon as he sees new customers :| No point asking him for diet plans.

It's winter - I'm on eggs (not less/more than 2), bananas, milk, grams, raisins at breakfast.
a medium diet at college break, regular diet at lunch at home, some snacks at evening, and again a regular diet at dinner.
and need some suggestions cause I've been on the same diet (excluding eggs) for months, tried soy but it didn't suit me.

eat Chapatti.
workout till failure
change exercise
increase weights
reduce workout time to one hour

Top Bottom