Health and Fitness Thread V1: 100% Adrenaline

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
i wanna
-reduce my small belly pot
-get 6pack :)

pls give some tips on execise,food to eat,...though i am vegi...i eat egg...so anyway to build body with good packs

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any suggestions for increasing my weight and add some muscles? Non veg and fats doesn't seem to work for me.

sujoyp

Grand Master
if u wanna increase ur weight just drink banana shake daily...make it at home
add 2 banana, Milk and sugar into mixer and u have it

If u want muscles with it...do some pushups..there r different types of pushups...try them:twisted:

If u take fatty diet and do regular exercise the fat will be even everywhere in body or else u would get increased belly:wink:

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
Any suggestions for increasing my weight and add some muscles? Non veg and fats doesn't seem to work for me.

I know some more lucky people like you. No matter what they eat, they do not gain any weight. I think it mostly depends on the eating habits. Such people are not foodie generally. Moreover they have a fixed time at which they eat and whenever they do they eat lesser than others. Plus if they have snacks some time after a meal, their appetite is lost. These are just general observations, I am not making any claims.

So for increasing weight, you may try to eat a little more. Never skip a meal. Exercise, it will increase your appetite. Have lots of proteins, will help in making muscles.

I have seen that those who drink beer usually gain weight and muscles. I am not suggesting you to drink it as it is definitely injurious to health, but if you already do, then continue :D

MCDC

Broken In

same here:)
but one more thing...my hands are very thin,so some advice to gain mass at hands???:)

sujoyp

Grand Master
To reduce small belly do this exercise
*www.isteroids.com/bodybuilding/training_pictures/crunches.jpg
This is highly effective...do it as much as u can...its for abs only
Start with 10x2...
1. Dont move ur legs..
2. Dont stress ur neck too much.
3. Dont drink water/consume food 15 mins before this excercise

See to it that the pressure should be on ur belly/abs and not on neck:)) GO-GO-GO:lol:

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@ico
If u want to increase ur lean muscle mass and hence overall weight without that fat covering then u gotta do exercise regularly. No, u wont see result in 1 week. It may take more than one month but its worth the efforts.
Start with bodyweight exercises like push ups, pull ups and dips. Push ups are easier and workout core part too. Pull ups will add to muscles over upper torso. You know that V shaped look. But let me tell u pull ups and dips are insanely hard. So for the time being stick with push ups. Advantage is that pushups works as cardio too so if u do enough sets then u will be burning out fats too. These three exercises are effective muscle and strength building exercises.

If u can afford to go to gym then gaining lean muscle weight will be much easier. The trick to get bigger and stronger muscles is to lift heavy weights with 6-8 repititions per set. You muscles adapts to ur lifestyle. So if you are not doing any strenuous activities then the muscles will have a cutdown to save energy. So push the limits to stimulate muscle growth but remember to know the line between slight pain and injury. Patience and gradual progress is the key.

As for meals, eat breakfast like a king and dinner as a miser. Include bananas as they r a good source of potassium and helps in building muscles also good for nervous system. Take care of ur daily protein intake too. I'd say eggs r a daily good source but soy protein can be a good substitute too. Eat the cereals and pulses, eat them whole. Overall i think u must be heaving a good nutritious diet already at home.

---------- Post added at 12:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

@MCDC
My hands were thin too. See the reply to ico. You will benefit with barbell curls, reverse barbell curls and great dead hang pull ups/chin ups. But dont forget ur shoulders, they r the weakest link with synovial joints and yet involved in every activity. Wide grip push ups and military press exclusively for them with added pectoral muscle development. Just remember to do with the weight u r comfortable with but it shouldnt be a cakewalk.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
hell yeah!!!
So finally today I executed a perfect 4 sec handstand on my own over my coir mattress. Previously I was not able to push my legs up. Another achievement unlocked :D

For past few weeks of experimenting I have drawn up some conclusions.
1. For massive forearms do reverse barbell curls and reverse barbell preacher curls (moved to15k from 10 k). Keep repititions between 6-8-12. Do not move ur upper arms or flare out elbows. Its better to do 3 reps with good technique than cheating ur way to 10. Must say my forearms looks beastly. Also bicep bulge now extend to elbow joint.
2. Started doing deep dips for triceps and pectorals (elbows flare out). Got sore rhomboids. But thats fine cuz now upper body looks more chiseled. And best of my triceps which are 2/3rd of arm adding up to my guns. If u want to build massive arms then do not miss out on triceps as they make up 2/3rd of ur upper arm.
3.Dead hang pullups are getting better day by day with straight body posture.
4. Military press limit increased to 30k. Good for shoulders when done with correct techniques.
5. Doing barbell shoulder shrugs, traps are geting more toned up. First thing someone notices are the traps :p
6. Started doing medicine ball push ups. Great when you want extra challenge. Able to do 8 reps with good form. Core takes a lot of hit. Thats why i like compound exercises.
7. Tried dragonfly exercise with bent knees. Was able to do 3 semi reps. Guess it will take few months of developing steel abs with plank, side planks before i can do a single rep without bent knees.
8. Tried human flag at home with window grill. Wasn't able to do it. Will try to do it on other suitable object with optimum hand elevation. Guess this one too require some practice.
9. Did backlever on pull up bar. Its A level trick and i was able to hold it for good amount of time. Lol...some people say was i into gymnasitc :p

As for food
1. Finally i have moved away from non-veg. It just stinks and further i hav much better healthy alternatives now. Almost hated the rubbery feeling of mutton last week. Dunno what they r feeding them.
2. Oats r my current fav with some wheat bran. Both provide the best of nutrients and quick to prepare meals. With a bowl full of oat i can make thru without having lunch.
3. Usually in morning i mix 3 spoons of b-protin + 1 spoon choco powder + 2 spoons honey. Add water, warm for 3 min(optional). Quick and whole meal ready.
4. Before that i munch down sprouted moong and chana.
5. At lunch go fo butter cheese plain sandwich and fruit juice (sometime skips the sandwich)
6. After gym in evening, a quickie like chikki (jaggery + peanuts) or protein bar and soy milk.
7. At night 1 cheese slice followed by oats mixed with squash and 3 spoons b protin. Sometime MTR ready to eat palak paneer, matar paneer, pindi chana, paneer makhni with 2 aloo da parontha and curd.

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
handstand is on halt for now.

Yesterday churned out first set of towel pull up. Did 5 rep x 4 sets. Really taxing on forearms muscles, also a great exercise for building grip strength like no other. Traps involved too.

Today had some work due to project deadline, i think i'll gonna skip gym this week. Thinking of giving rest to the body as it seems i m not getting enough sleep.

Just few minutes before did my first L-Seat for 5 seconds. Fcuk yeah !!! I guess abs of steel achievement is not too far (may be 1-2 months) when i'll try V-Seat.

Human body is awesome.

Fellow geeks, take a plunge into fitness ride. You get this body once.

sujoyp

Grand Master
Yesterday I was in Josh:mrgreen:...soo decided to make all weight double atleast.
1.Back and front pully 60kgx30
2.Chest 20kgx30
3. fore legs 120Kgx10 100kgx10 80kgx10 40kgx30
4. calf machine 40kgx30
5. Abs machine 200 sit-ups

I was very happy with my achievement...its just 3 month of gym

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
I do my workouts only when I feel pretty darn good. Like beating a game.. or Solving set of problems in Probability, etc.

Give me some motivation guys. I really want to workout every day. But I'm lazy. I feel it unnecessary after 20situps or 30 pushups :(

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^The only motivation is this website and the stress relieving effect of an intense workout. What I did was to set some goals and to achieve that I had to make my body stronger in that particular dimension.
Tutorials

These exercises are highly recommended:
1. Push ups, try more than 10 variations and difficulties. Later Handstand push ups. I can do 1 hand push ups and 3 semi handstand push ups. Hand stand push ups are xtremely useful for the Human Flag realization as shown in beast skills. Haven't reached this goal though.
2. Bench dips, later replace it with parallel bar deep decline dips. Essential for L-Seat and Muscle up. I can do L seat but no the Muscle up.
3. Chin ups, later replace it with pull ups. If you want V shape torso then its a must and it can be a real life saver.
4. Plank, Side plank and Hanging Leg raise (initially bent at knees and then fully extended). Plank is required for great static compression strength of abs. You will be able to do hanging leg raise easily. And L seat required abs of steels.
5. Squats, though I don't do them much.

When I think of gym the only thing that crosses my mind is bodyweight exercises, balance, flexibility and gymnastic. I find it inane to use dumb-bells or machine assisted exercises.

Remember, you won't get the results in one day. But surely you will admire the results after 1-2 months. And then there is no looking back. Surely you will attract the fairer sex too, an added bonus :)

Last edited:

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
Started going to the gym again after a few years. Just 2 days into this but I think I can continue, since 2 of my friends won't let me skip it. They dragged me to the gym on the 2nd day when I had decided to give up. :D

OP
Faun

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Done with 10 pullups, feeling energized after the lethargy of the day.

Top Bottom