the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

sarathsnair

Journeyman
It is rather easy. There is a switch/latch on the bottom of the laptop which is used to remove the battery. It will be marked for battery on one side, and the panel on the other side. First slide it to remove the battery. After that, slide it in the opposite direction, and the back panel will pop-up from one side. You can then easily remove the panel by pulling it out, and later re-insert it when you are done. I can't post pictures now as I am in office. But I hope this will be helpful.

i just open the back cover of my 6121tx to see the components inside that.
will it void my warranty ? i open it using the switch.

u can try those recovery discs , i think so while doing recovery whole HDD is repartitioned & that if u were lucky ... recovery drive may create through the recovery discs while doing recovery.....

is it really works ?
now i cant access my recovery partition by pressing the F11 key on start up. what can i do ? :(:(:(

ron_devon

Broken In
How to increase the computer speed from 2.0 ghz to turbo 2.9 ghz ???
:?

What I know, its automated. Once the system is in turbo boost, the processor automatically determines the maximum frequency it can operate at based on operating conditions.

Though this may not be the right thread to ask this question. Still I would like to go through with it which is clearing the query regarding PhysX.

I recently played Batman Arkham Asylum, got to learn about the PhysX technology the game supports. I know the Nvidia PhysX driver is pre-installed in this laptop, but does it actually work with the ATI graphics card for games supported?
(I did not get much of a noticeable difference regarding the Physics)

Although, from other forums I came to learn there are modded versions of PhysX compatible with ATI cards but the version pre-packed. Does it work, anyone atleast on the basis of your gameplay experience?

Just an illustration here (Source: Wiki)
Mafia II w and w/o using PhysX :-o

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/75/Mafia_physx.jpg/480px-Mafia_physx.jpg

vishu22

Broken In
is it really works ?
now i cant access my recovery partition by pressing the F11 key on start up. what can i do ? :(:(:([/QUOTE]

i m not sure about it .... u have no option left so atleast u can try that .... ......do 1 thing - make copy (nero image) of those recovery dvdz from nero & put those images at a safe place (like in ur computer hdd) ... & make another set of recovery dvdz ... so that u will b on the safe side ...

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
What I know, its automated. Once the system is in turbo boost, the processor automatically determines the maximum frequency it can operate at based on operating conditions.

Though this may not be the right thread to ask this question. Still I would like to go through with it which is clearing the query regarding PhysX.

I recently played Batman Arkham Asylum, got to learn about the PhysX technology the game supports. I know the Nvidia PhysX driver is pre-installed in this laptop, but does it actually work with the ATI graphics card for games supported?
(I did not get much of a noticeable difference regarding the Physics)

Although, from other forums I came to learn there are modded versions of PhysX compatible with ATI cards but the version pre-packed. Does it work, anyone atleast on the basis of your gameplay experience?

Just an illustration here (Source: Wiki)
Mafia II w and w/o using PhysX :-o

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/7/75/Mafia_physx.jpg/480px-Mafia_physx.jpg

PhysX can be directly downloaded and installed from Nvidia's website, And I've played Mafia2 after enabling PhysX. Works well

game-freak

In the zone
im purchasing dv6-6165tx in a couple of days any known issues with the laptop(heating/throttling) and does any member out here owns the specified model plz reply soon as i have to go and pay the dealer advance so that he gets the laptop in a day or 2

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
No issues!!It is the best laptop in the world that money can buy.
You can use it as toaster,iron,paperweight and many other things.
Anything else you would like to know?

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member

Man, I have to admit, you're really screwed by those threads where you had argument about HP, if you remember! :)) :lol: But I'm your side :p

ayush3000

Broken In
i was wondering whether its safe to order the 6165tx from flipkart even tho its not been officially released in india. Also has nyone ordered it from flipkart and received it too?

nCyCoD

Gamer..
:crazy:
can some1 using the mentioned model or knowing smthing abt it plz reply

There is no heating issue,when gaming it will reach max. 70 degrees.Left side of touch pad might get heated during gaming ,it is normal ,same happens with Dell Inspirons with graphics cards.

kaz

right here

lol :p
thats wot i call a real multitasking machine ;)
haaahaa

my frnd's dv6 (not even a month old) goes 90°C wen headfone and charger is connected and windows media player is running..he has given that in service center..lets see wats happens next

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
@gamefreak 6017tx, 6121tx and 6165tx have the same design and nearly same processor. None of them have any heating issues. If you are concerned with other replies that you've got refer to my siggy

Top Bottom