the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

aniket.cain

Padawan
Bought the 6165tx for 58500 with quick heal total security 2012...

BTW Guys, how to use the ATI GPU??? It is never used. :x

How do u know that the ATI GPU is never used?

You can switch between Fixed and Dynamic mode of switching from the BIOS. In case you don't get this option there, you need to install the BIOS Update.

The same question of yours was answered by me a few posts above. Did you even look into that solution?

Last edited:

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
aditya, you can find solutions to your queries in this thread. Go through it, please. It is a pain to type the same thing again and again.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
I have a dv6-6121tx bought on sept 17th.The problem which I'm facing currently is that whenever I play even light games like NFS Hot Pursuit(latest) or Flatout 2,the display starts lagging very lightly,but the lag is instantly felt.this happens after 5-6 minutes of playing. Can anyone help me with this??Is it a virus issue??

arjunufo

Right off the assembly line
hey i installed dirt3 a couple o days agoon my dv6 6140 tx. It seemed to be working fine initially but then the display suddenly went off center an in it shifted an inch to the left! leaving a blank black patch on the right. Apart from that, I am able to play the game normally.
Is this normal? does it happen in the games that you play as well?

hi
am also facing the same issue with my 6121tx... its happening for all my games now... dragon age... BFBC 2 and just cause 2..
have u fixed the issue... if so please share... mail me at arjunufo2@yahoo.com
thanks in advance

anish6121

hi
am also facing the same issue with my 6121tx... its happening for all my games now... dragon age... BFBC 2 and just cause 2..
have u fixed the issue... if so please share... mail me at arjunufo2@yahoo.com
thanks in advance

as far as i know its a DX10 issue (all games u mentioned use DX10).i guess there is no black bar in games using DX9(like resident evil 5 dx9 exe).neways its a driver issue that i think is solved in 11.8 ccc.update ur driver and let me know...

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
^^
@arjunufo,

This issue is being observed in few games. Maybe, a future update for the Gfx drivers will fix it.
Seen it in DiRT 3, Just Cause 2 so far. Not seen in Crysis 2 and COD MW.

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
u can try ouy microport in sp road they are giving away at 55000.
the phn number is 08041249913

can u provide me the contact number of computer mall

arjunufo

as far as i know its a DX10 issue (all games u mentioned use DX10).i guess there is no black bar in games using DX9(like resident evil 5 dx9 exe).neways its a driver issue that i think is solved in 11.8 ccc.update ur driver and let me know...

issue is still there... i installed 11.9 ccc from amd website directly... my driver version is 8.830.6.3000

the issue was not there in NFS hot pursuit and Crysis... wat even games i installed after tht is having the issue...

even dragon age 2... i stopped playing it coz it was rubbish...

rajasekhar911

Broken In
u can try ouy microport in sp road they are giving away at 55000.
the phn number is 08041249913

can u provide me the contact number of computer mall

080-41483307
mobile: 9341813232

just ordered cooler master notepal U2 from letsbuy
with the coupon code AMEXLB (5% discount)
i hope the fans last...
*www.letsbuy.com/cooler-master-notepal-u2-fan-edition-cooling-pad-silver-r9-nbc-8pbk-gp-p-19171

Last edited:

sarathsnair

Journeyman
guys what is the quality of webcam in dv6 6121tx ?
mine is very poor compared to dv6 3049tx( previous dv6 series)
it is very very very pooooorrr

Prongs298

In the zone
i also have those black border on the right side of the screen in some games. I have this issue in homefront, crysis, crysis warhead. modern warfare 2 and moh and nfs hp run normally. i also used to have something like this inn my old samsung crt while games were switching resolution. i guess this has something to do with the lcds settings and refresh rates.

saurav_wow

Broken In
Hi Guys, I am using a HP dv6 6165tx laptop and am stuck at a resolution of 1366x768 on my Samsung external monitor. I cannot change the resolution even if the display settings is in a only projector mode.
I know that my monitor supports much higher resolution and it is connected to the laptop with the VGA cable (since the monitor doesnt have HDMI).

Please help me achieve higher resolution on the external monitor.

Thanks.

aniket.cain

Padawan
^^^ I used to encounter the black bar on the right when playing some of the games like Dirt 3. But that was before the BIOS patch. Since then, I never had this problem. I have formatted my laptop a couple of times since then, but no issues what-so-ever.

swiftshashi

Beta Geek ;-)
I have a dv6-6121tx bought on sept 17th.The problem which I'm facing currently is that whenever I play even light games like NFS Hot Pursuit(latest) or Flatout 2,the display starts lagging very lightly,but the lag is instantly felt.this happens after 5-6 minutes of playing. Can anyone help me with this??Is it a virus issue??

please help me someone............

anish6121

issue is still there... i installed 11.9 ccc from amd website directly... my driver version is 8.830.6.3000

the issue was not there in NFS hot pursuit and Crysis... wat even games i installed after tht is having the issue...

even dragon age 2... i stopped playing it coz it was rubbish...

well i updated bios F.1A and 11.8ccc at the same time and then the black bar problem was solved after that. so i dont know exactly whether it was bios or 11.8ccc that solved the problem...

1.hey guys, can any one help me with the webcam...
whenever i start the youcam software the cam starts but everything is dark(only tubelight in the room is visible!!)
is there any tweaks in the setting i need to do ??

2.when i go to start/devices and printers it shows a ! symbol at the laptop and it says unknown device at one of the usb.. and when i click on bluetooth settings nothing happens.. i have tried installing drivers again but no results.how can i use the bluetooth on this laptop(6121tx)??

PLEASE HELP.. i am really worried if its a hardware issue..

one more problem
3. whenever i start CS5 it says dispaly driver has stopped working and has recovered but then CS5 hangs..
same happens when i try to play amnesia:the dark decent
but it works with intel gfx but lags a lot..
is it opengl issue?? i thought it was solved with bios update??

Top Bottom