the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Thank you..

Guys,it doesn't have backlit keyboard!

I bought it in a local shop.
It is super cool for normal operations,when gaming it does heat up.
It has Cool Sense.
I'll post some pics tomorrow.

You sure? Some laptops I had seen got an option to switch it off.

nCyCoD

Gamer..
You sure? Some laptops I had seen got an option to switch it off.
Yes,I am sure.I doesn't have backlit and there is no option to switch on/off it.

I bought it for 56k.

Here are some pics taken form my mobile..

*img812.imageshack.us/img812/3254/13102011028.jpg
*img37.imageshack.us/img37/3397/13102011029.jpg
*img43.imageshack.us/img43/91/13102011027.jpg

randomknock

Right off the assembly line
i have a dv6tse. comes with 6770 1gb gddr5.

has anyone encountered blurred text in some windows.? (in my case, mostly in autodesk apps)

i attached a picture of autocad civil 3d 2012. and as you can see, the texts on the menu bar are blurred with the 6770 turned on.

it is not blurred when i just have the intel gpu on.

if anyone can help me fix it, please do. :)

mailshobhon

THE HARDCORE GAMER
dude i wan know who give me the best price for dv6 6165tx in kolkata and bangalore please tell me the name of the shop.

anoopjb

search engine..
i think it's discontinued because when i asked about dv4 3016tx lady in hp world(chandigarh) said it was discontinued and they had a new hp dv4 3145tx same specs as dv4 3016tx except new i5 2430m processor and 750 gb hard drive for 45k . i think i overpaid but anyway it wasn't available elsewhere and i had get a laptop immediately . since then loving my laptop but it seems to have same opengl issue as dv6 6100 series and no solution yet though that don't bother me much as i hardly use any of those apps .

hey i cant find any info abt dis new hp dv4 3145tx. can u post a link.
will hp dv4 3145tx having manual switch for switching graphics... using ubuntu mostly..:))

ron_devon

Broken In
Was really hoping the next modification HP would bring in the DV6's would be the full HD and backlit keyboard features or utmost 7200rpm HDDs.
But so aint the case with the 6165tx, as it seems. (Expectations do sear up from HP considering the predecessor 6121tx was a bomb in terms of specs and affordability)

But anyway, what I think is, for inline buyers 6165tx is a better option anyday than 6121tx just because of its better processor 2670QM (Comparison look up) however not so worth but extra odd 100gigs of space.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
can anyone of you do me a lil favour. Please upload the full wallpaper pack that comes with dv6. I liked those wallpapers. Now i have upgraded to win7 ultimate and lost those

mitraark

Decrepit
A friend of mine bought the 6121tx , he has 6770m 2GB DDR5 ... another friend of mine had a DV6 laptop , he said his uncle got it from the US , i7 1.6 Ghz [ couldn;t mention the name ] , nVidia GT320 ... what is the AMD equivalent of nVidia GT320 ??

iamshaazz

Broken In
Guys,
Are you sure that 6121tx is discontinued?? I asked about three of the HP resellers and they said its not and is still available in stock and coming.
Also when i asked about 6165tx, they said it not available here(Kerala).:sad:

Which one should i get? Go for 6121tx?:-? I really like to get the 6165tx, since it have a 10% better processor also same price range i think.

ron_devon

Broken In
I intend to upgrade the RAM by myself in a few days. I figure out the rear panel is screw less but I cant see any groove using which I could lever the panel out or which side do i pull it out..? I am a lil hesitant to experiment. So what is the correct way to open it? Please guide, anyone. Photos/Video would be of great help.

aniket.cain

Padawan
I intend to upgrade the RAM by myself in a few days. I figure out the rear panel is screw less but I cant see any groove using which I could lever the panel out or which side do i pull it out..? I am a lil hesitant to experiment. So what is the correct way to open it? Please guide, anyone. Photos/Video would be of great help.

It is rather easy. There is a switch/latch on the bottom of the laptop which is used to remove the battery. It will be marked for battery on one side, and the panel on the other side. First slide it to remove the battery. After that, slide it in the opposite direction, and the back panel will pop-up from one side. You can then easily remove the panel by pulling it out, and later re-insert it when you are done. I can't post pictures now as I am in office. But I hope this will be helpful.

Top Bottom