the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

iamshaazz

Broken In
Guys,
Are you sure that 6121tx is discontinued? I asked about three of HP resellers and they said its not and is still available in stock and coming. Also they said 6165tx is not coming here(Kerala)/ they don't know about it. :sad:

What should i do? Should i go for 6121tx?:-? I really like to have 6165tx since it got a 10% better processor also the price range is same.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Here it is:: Download
(Just the ones packed by HP though)

Thanks a lot man.

Guys,
Are you sure that 6121tx is discontinued? I asked about three of HP resellers and they said its not and is still available in stock and coming. Also they said 6165tx is not coming here(Kerala)/ they don't know about it. :sad:

What should i do? Should i go for 6121tx?:-? I really like to have 6165tx since it got a 10% better processor also the price range is same.

6121tx is discontinued for sure

a friend of mine bought the 6121tx , he has 6770m 2gb ddr5 ... Another friend of mine had a dv6 laptop , he said his uncle got it from the us , i7 1.6 ghz [ couldn;t mention the name ] , nvidia gt320 ... What is the amd equivalent of nvidia gt320 ??

6370m

prasanna2991

Right off the assembly line
Hello guys :). I was planning to buy a dv6-6121tx based on the positive feedback on this thread (and the awesome specs of 6121tx and the pricey XPS15). But now the 6165tx has come out with a newer processor, backlit keyboard and extra 110gigs(the last part doesn't really matter). So I wish to buy the 6165tx but I just have one main query: Audio. Thanks to marvelousprashant, many confusions from flipkart's page regarding the 6165tx were cleared. But I still have some questions. Please help me out here.

1. Does the 6121tx have a subwoofer just like the 6017tx (even though the specs sheet of both don't utter a single word about it)?
2. Does the 6165tx have a subwoofer in a similar fashion? Does it also have 4 speakers?
3. Are the Altec Lansing speakers loud enough? (With Beats Audio enabled)
4. I am assuming that Altec Lansing speakers+Beats Audio will give a good listening experience in terms of quality. Am I right?
5. Can the 6121tx and 6165tx Sleep and Charge my music player like the XPS15 or Inspiron 15R? (Not a deal breaker as I use it rarely right now but would come in handy if I travel a lot. I just thought of asking it in the same post).

Can you help me out nCyCoD regarding the 6165tx?

Prongs298

In the zone
Just bought the dv6 6121tx from agra for 55.5k !!!!

In car right now. Will post some really good pics after i get home.

Over the moon, i am.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
guys please help me...accidently i deleted the recovery partition in my 6121tx. how can i restore it ?????

You cannot get it back. Make a backup of C:/SwSetup folder and download Win7 Home Premium 64 bit from torrent. If needed you can activate from the product key at the bottom of your laptop

red dragon

Master troll
Why do you even want it?
You do not even need the recovery discs.
The recovery process is very slow.
If your system is bloat free and running ok,just use Acronis to make an image in another hdd or partition and a boot disc.
If you want to reinstall after a mishap,pop in the boot disc and reinstall from the image,much much faster than recovery or a fresh install.

ron_devon

Broken In
No back up is required as such.

You could update your Graphic Drivers and CCC before proceeding with the BIOS update(if already you have not done it)

Niilesh

Padawan
^^I have not updated CCC

Hey i am felling a little lazy
can someone tell me what all softwares do and what bloateware should be removed. here are two screenshot of revo uninstaler and tuneup programme deactivator

*i.imgur.com/4XxTL.jpg
*i.imgur.com/fmAgN.jpg

HP dv series revived!!
HP Pavilion Home Notebook PCs - comparison results Home & Home Office - HP

just saw it today at 1am

vishu22

Broken In
i hav a set of recovery dvd. will it help to restore the recovery partition ?

u can try those recovery discs , i think so while doing recovery whole HDD is repartitioned & that if u were lucky ... recovery drive may create through the recovery discs while doing recovery.....

Top Bottom