the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
This is still my primary system. Bought it in July 2011. Replaced keyboard, battery, power-brick, hard disk and later upgraded to 8GB RAM & 256 GB Samsung EVO SSD. Changed thermal paste once. Did the genuine upgrade to Win 10. It was working rock solid till last month when Windows 10 decided to obsolete the AMD graphics driver in an update. There has been BSODs since then. Re-installed windows, still the same.. Thinking to downgrade to Windows 7 now..

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is still my primary system. Bought it in July 2011. Replaced keyboard, battery, power-brick, hard disk and later upgraded to 8GB RAM & 256 GB Samsung EVO SSD. Changed thermal paste once. Did the genuine upgrade to Win 10. It was working rock solid till last month when Windows 10 decided to obsolete the AMD graphics driver in an update. There has been BSODs since then. Re-installed windows, still the same.. Thinking to downgrade to Windows 7 now..
Don't downgrade to win 7,use win 8.1 or win 10 LTSB 2019(no feature updates,only security updates.PM me for details).

Top Bottom