** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

adi007

Youngling
I will wait till tomorrow coz today is holiday..

If the plan is not changed then BSNL officials are in real trouble coz i will personally go to BSNL office the next day and i will argue a lot..

I couldn't believe that India's leading Net provider is still operated manually...i thought it would update automatically :mad:

@akshaykapoor_3:what did you do when the plan was not changed even after 5th..?
and please do remove your BSNL username..
BSNL portal is weak..i don't think the passwords are md5 encrypted..
so be careful before giving the BSNL username

Last edited:

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Even I m thinking of upgrading from Home 250 to Home 500 plan.
I am too lazy to write an application....now when I finally pushed myself into writing one....I had some problems..

Whom do i need to address the application?? Any bsnl official or somethng??
Can anyone post some basic format for it so tht ppl like us can copy! (Lol)
:)

So If I submit the application tomorrow or day after tht..when wll my plan change??
There must be some procedure to change the plan without having to go through all this... Hope BSNL strats somethng like this!!

adi007

Youngling
Even I m thinking of upgrading from Home 250 to Home 500 plan.
I am too lazy to write an application....now when I finally pushed myself into writing one....I had some problems..

Whom do i need to address the application?? Any bsnl official or somethng??
Can anyone post some basic format for it so tht ppl like us can copy! (Lol)
:)

So If I submit the application tomorrow or day after tht..when wll my plan change??
There must be some procedure to change the plan without having to go through all this... Hope BSNL strats somethng like this!!
There is no format..
Just take a A4 sheet and write it up
and the plan will be updated next month after submission of application

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
So this means I wll ahve to stick up to my old plan the entire MAY???
Thts sad :( coz i needed it just fr two months!

After that i go to an engg coll n leave my home town....this conn is of no use fr me! I wll be changing the plan to 250 home again!

TechnoKiD

Broken In
seems all of us are waiting for the plan change.... i used to have H250. that month i received a bill of Rs.7800+ (yes, seven thousand), dad did a load of wwe with me. last month i changed to h500c.. but still its not enough... u know all this month i sleep in the day time and keep awake from 2 am onwards to download.... now i placed an application to change my plan to 750ul+ but today is 1st may but plan not changed yet... i dono even if it is changed cuz the portal site opens only if ur lucky,.....

waiting for it now....

din

Tribal Boy
Ok, great. I think they changed my plan

It shows Home Plan UL 1350 Plus now.

Just tried downloading Ubuntu, getting 40-50 Kbps, so I guess I am on the new plan rt ?

din

Tribal Boy
@TechnoKiD

Yes, I checked it there. It was not opening for me last night, today morning etc. I checked about 30 mins back (11.35 or so) and it opened and showed new plan. Keep checking the link, it seems not up always :(

din

Tribal Boy
@nitish_mythology

I think the plan change occurs on 1st of the month. If you submitted the application already (before may 1) they will change it. Or you didn't submit application yet ?

Anyway call your nearest exchange for confirmation.

@adi007

Keep checking the portal, it is down most of the time :( But I could login using my VSNL broadband connection (which is really strange as they claim portal will be open only on BSNL broadband !) and could see the plan change now. I also checked after midnight, early morning today etc but it seems changed at 11.30 morning (today) only.

Last edited:

TechnoKiD

Broken In
then you are late i think... changes occurs from the 1st of each month... so if u submit now... plan will be changed next month.... but do call the exchange..as today is 1st... they might say... "submit now we will change today itself"... be fast rush to the bsnl office.... :)

din

Tribal Boy
Yes, better you go there with a written application. Do not call, go straight away.

Hmm, forgot, today is off for the officials ? I mean May 1st ?

adi007

Youngling
Ok, great. I think they changed my plan

It shows Home Plan UL 1350 Plus now.

Just tried downloading Ubuntu, getting 40-50 Kbps, so I guess I am on the new plan rt ?

How did it happened coz today is holiday na...
My plan is still 250 rs...:(

seems all of us are waiting for the plan change.... i used to have H250. that month i received a bill of Rs.7800+ (yes, seven thousand), dad did a load of wwe with me. last month i changed to h500c.. but still its not enough... u know all this month i sleep in the day time and keep awake from 2 am onwards to download.... now i placed an application to change my plan to 750ul+ but today is 1st may but plan not changed yet... i dono even if it is changed cuz the portal site opens only if ur lucky,.....

waiting for it now....
I am gonna print this post...:p and show it to my dad
coz last month i received around 2K bill in my 250rs plan (just 1 GB limit) and my dad thinks the amount is huge...
7K...faint...
I feel that you made a wrong move..coz in UL plan you will get a max download speed of 30-50 kbps where as in 500 plan you will get 200-300 kbps..so it's worth waiting till night ...:)

Last edited:

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Just ran whole way frm my house to the office...
They accepted my application n I was informed tht lets suppose if my plan changes from 5th onwards...I wll b billed @250Rs till 5th and then after that @750Rs...
So wht do u guys thnk?? How wll I be billed??

Rahim

Married!
This is hilarious. I went to my Alipore Exchange(Kolkata) and requested to change the plan to 1350UL. But the madam there just told me there is no such plan :D and handed me the same old form which still had 900UL and others in it. She told me its rumour and i reminded her to visit Calcutta Telephones website or BSNL but she was adamant. I still cant believe they are so ignorant!!!!
I was just controlling my laughter and just exploded outside the office :D

So anybody from Kolkata changed their plan to 1350UL or the exchange has even started giving new plans?

adi007

Youngling
Just ran whole way frm my house to the office...
They accepted my application n I was informed tht lets suppose if my plan changes from 5th onwards...I wll b billed @250Rs till 5th and then after that @750Rs...
So wht do u guys thnk?? How wll I be billed??
I have never heard of such thing before...
hmm.....be careful bro...you can't trust any BSNL official word...go easy with download this month..:)

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member
@adi007

When had you submitted your change application??

I had also got my plan changed 5 month ago from H500 to H1000 and it had happened smoothly....

....go easy with download this month..:)
@Nitish: Don't go easy....Go STRICT.....:D:D:D:D

Last edited:
Top Bottom