** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Indranil92001

Journeyman
Guys, I have a strange problem, i am able to see my data usage page in vista but i am not able to see it in ubuntu, i have deleted cookies, all other files frm firefox, however when i open the dataone usage page, it just shows page loading. I have only saved UN and pass for this page.:mad:

I think you need to install Sun Java

arunataraj

Right off the assembly line
Hello all..

I recently applied for change of plan from 500combo plus to latest 750ul-plus unlimited download plan..
I applied on the date of april 22,2008 and in the mid(23-04-2008 and 24-04-2008) the order status was future provisioned.I thought that the plan will be changed from the 1st of next month which is (may 1,2008).But now today on (april 25,08) the order status shows provitioned see the screenshot below

View attachment 1784

Indeed the speed was still 2mpbs and my usage detail is shown in bulk(21000 mb downloaded) witout seperating the night usage between 2a.m-8a.m as for in my previous 500c scheme.Before that my day usage was 1360 mb and night free usage was 19640 mb.
And also for 750UL-plus plan there is no rental for phone so no free calls for me 1.rs/call.
I used my free phone call limit 175 calls from my previous 500c plan..
I am afraid that the calls will be charged and also doubtful about how they bill for me this month.will they exclude all my night usage from the bill. Please help me to keep myself cool.

dreams

Gracias Senor
Hi guys..The UL plan has now been reduced to 750 or 700 Rs. Is this only for new connections or applicable for old connections too.

Whenever I make or receive a phone call, my internet connections gets cut.

For ex., I d/l using rapidshare, get a cal in landline, the d/l stops..same thing happens when I make a cal out.

If not d/l the internet slows down and I get a error connection interrupted.

What's the problem??

Connection setup - From the de-marc box, 2 cable comes out (from the same point)one connects to my landline and the other to my Modem.

Is this connection right? Also I get a speed around 30-40 KBps wherein some of my frnds get around 60-80 with the same UL plan.

Which speed is correct?

Hoping to get a soln soon.

TIA

go4saket

We dont have Broadband availability in our office, so I have to go for a wireless/CDMA internet connection either from Tata Indicom, Reliance or BSNL. Which do you think is the best in terms of speed...

Vivek788

In the zone
well..i keep downloads in ubuntu.
i use crontab to shut down system at 7.58,but cannot control modem,which is in unbridged mode.I wake up at 9.30 to power it off..
This month it cost me loss of abt 800mb of data as shared.
Now i am struggling with remaining bandwidth..wat shud i do?

Hi guys..The UL plan has now been reduced to 750 or 700 Rs. Is this only for new connections or applicable for old connections too.

Whenever I make or receive a phone call, my internet connections gets cut.

For ex., I d/l using rapidshare, get a cal in landline, the d/l stops..same thing happens when I make a cal out.

If not d/l the internet slows down and I get a error connection interrupted.

What's the problem??

Connection setup - From the de-marc box, 2 cable comes out (from the same point)one connects to my landline and the other to my Modem.

Is this connection right? Also I get a speed around 30-40 KBps wherein some of my frnds get around 60-80 with the same UL plan.

Which speed is correct?

Hoping to get a soln soon.

TIA

U r getting perfectly fine speed...
Speed for UL is 32KBPS...so no issues. about disconnections, complain to ur nearest tel exchange

We dont have Broadband availability in our office, so I have to go for a wireless/CDMA internet connection either from Tata Indicom, Reliance or BSNL. Which do you think is the best in terms of speed...
Go for BSNL EVDO if its available in ur city...
Tata Indicom is crap as far as I knw, both in Wired and Wireless broadband.

Indranil92001

Journeyman
i use crontab to shut down system at 7.58,but cannot control modem,which is in unbridged mode.I wake up at 9.30 to power it off..

Yes, I notice it same with my account too, Then I configure my ADSL Modem. In the field where you put your user ID and password there is an option like this " Connect On-Demand (Close if idle for minutes) "
enable this option and put the value 1 minutes. So when your computer shutdown then the modem automatically disconnect after 1 minutes from BSNL ISP.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
I Simple Restart the Router & then shutdown my PC.
I manually turn main switch around 11 am( lazy me)

Even if it connects again, less than 500kb are counted between 8am to 11am;)

Vivek788

In the zone
@Indranil92001 :1 min?What if I switched on modem and went to have break or something,it disconnects?Or does it do that based on OS shutdown? Because I dont want the first case to happen.

@gary4gar: restart modem...how?u do it without waking up?if so,i am interested in knowing how,else its wat i do..if i manage to wake up at 8.

dreams

Gracias Senor
U r getting perfectly fine speed...
Speed for UL is 32KBPS...so no issues. about disconnections, complain to ur nearest tel exchange
thnx 4 the clarification..I will file a complaint and c wat can b done.

Any ideas abt the price reduction??

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
@Indranil92001 :1 min?What if I switched on modem and went to have break or something,it disconnects?Or does it do that based on OS shutdown? Because I dont want the first case to happen.

@gary4gar: restart modem...how?u do it without waking up?if so,i am interested in knowing how,else its wat i do..if i manage to wake up at 8.
using a simple script
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=78477

panacea_amc

CBZ is better than Pulsar
<< BSNL broadband querry >>

Hello people, i m new 2 dis broadband.i m thinkin of gettin one.i dnt ve a landline presently.
my requirements r a 30-40kbps speed with no limits 4 downloadin.which plan do i choose n how much will da entire settin up cost me?
thanks in advance.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Re: << BSNL broadband querry >>

Not much of a choice, you will have to go for BSNL

To sign up for a broad band connection with BSNL Assam see here
*www.assam.bsnl.co.in/dataone_onlinee.html

To see the unlimited tariff's available go here
*www.bsnl.co.in/service/dataone_tariff.htm#unlimited home

Top Bottom