** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

panacea_amc

CBZ is better than Pulsar
Re: << BSNL broadband querry >>

ok thanks 4 info.
i have certain querries.
if i choose UL 750 plan,i get a 34 kbps speed.do i ve 2 pay any rental 4 landline conn.? also, will i b charged 4 da local telefone bill when i use da net?
thanks!

jal_desai

In the zone
Bsnl Portal Always Dead!!! .... How To Check Dataone Usage????

ya.. many of u might be suffering the same problem... i cannot access the bbservice.bsnl.in website to check my usage... i have seen threads in which ppl mentioned tht their FREE HOUR SLOTS were also considered in PAID BILLS... i downloaded lots of stuff yesterday.. (around 1-1.5 GB).. HOW TO CHECK MY USAGE.... i have tried many Dataone usage showing software but they are crap...I have paid 5000 Rs in advance for a year for my Home500 plan (night unlimited)...
help guys...

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

You will just have to pay 750Pm + Taxes, Truly Unlimited no extra chrages.

even you do not need to pay Phone rental, All Included.

This plan name is Home 750 Plus, quote this while filling your application form.

Also you would get speed around 28-30kBps, which is good.
34kBps is a theoretical speed, you never get theoretical speed.

panacea_amc

CBZ is better than Pulsar

1 last questn. wat about da local call charges when usin da net n is dis offer 4 unlimited downloadin?

Brave_Hunt

Journeyman
BSNL has started giving broadband from It's anoter server IP followed by 117.200.*.* instead good old 59.95.*.*.

I'm having problem with my broadband from couple of days. That is my ADSL signal keeps dropping and when It stables sometime my username/password works and sometimes other servers default username/password works. :/ It keeps happening and very annoying since I don't get continue connection. BSNL is providing broadband with two different servers. Mine is year old hence my username/password comes from old server which is not supposed to work with new server same goes with new server's username/password. But It seems like I keep getting both server's ADSL frequency time to time. I've complain about It to my local BSNL office they've checked my line and say the line is absolutely fine but I'm still having this problem. They aren't seem to understand what the fault is. Can anyone here suggest me what could possibly be the fault? so I can tell the authorities to make it correct? Thanks in advance.

go4saket

I have a 500C plan where in I have a speed limit of 256 Kbps to 2 Mbps. Whenever I download anything, I get a maximum speed of 1600 Kbps (200 KBps). The speed is stagnant on 1600 Kbps and never goes above that. Upto 2 Mbps means I should get a max of 2048 Kbps which I never get. It just doesnt go above 1600 Kbps. Is there any setting that can help me to achieve better speeds.

Indranil92001

Journeyman
I have a 500C plan where in I have a speed limit of 256 Kbps to 2 Mbps. Whenever I download anything, I get a maximum speed of 1600 Kbps (200 KBps). The speed is stagnant on 1600 Kbps and never goes above that. Upto 2 Mbps means I should get a max of 2048 Kbps which I never get. It just doesnt go above 1600 Kbps. Is there any setting that can help me to achieve better speeds.

No there is no setting in your adsl. The speed cap from your BSNL server Every state have it's own server, so the IP range is not same in all state. Like Kolkata start from 59.93 and other state start from 59.95. or 59.94.
You cant get above 200KBps until your BSNL server upgarde the download speed 200 to 214 or 220KBps. In kolkata gets download speed 214KBps because the speed policy set in Kolkata server at 214KBps.

The above process is same for the new coustomer only the IP address is changed.

Vivek788

In the zone
hm...so i can schedule this script to run at 2.05 and 7.58am.
gud...will try and comment on it soon.

The script doesn't work.

telnet> Trying 192.168.1.1...
Connected to 192.168.1.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
sleep: invalid time interval `1\r'
Try `sleep --help' for more information.

Login: sleep: invalid time interval `1\r'
Connection closed by foreign host.

heartripple

In the zone
so many times i found that i am not connected to the srever so i have to take visit to the site *192.168.1.1 and i have to reconfigure my settings there. so is there any way to keep my settings as it is.it is very annoying to go through settings often.

Vivek788

In the zone
can you post the exact script you took & via which command you invoked it?

by seeing the script i can see, there is "\r" inserted. it should be "sleep 1"

I copy pasted and double checked the script.Also I checked the syntax of sleep...it is correct.I even tried to put s behind it..still same case.
Does my modem have to be in bridged mode to do this?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
I copy pasted and double checked the script.Also I checked the syntax of sleep...it is correct.I even tried to put s behind it..still same case.
Does my modem have to be in bridged mode to do this?
Yes, Offcource for this method to work, else you can simple use pon poff commands

adi007

Youngling
Urgent

I am in 250 rs plan(NEVER EVER OPT FOR THIS BS PLAN :mad:)...I had applied for the plan change to 500 rs plan..officials told me that the new plan will be valid from May..

So now just half an hour left for 1st may..

The Question is whether the change will be reflected from 00:00 ..?
and i believe there will be change in my plan name in BSNL portal..Am i right..?
And lastly can i able to download free of charge from today 2 AM onwards...?

adi007

Youngling
Help me help me

I logged out from my net at around 11:45 log in back at 12:15 to find out the my plan isn't changed
It still showing
Current Service Plan-HOME 250,Speed-256Kbps(test only)

Now what to do..i have already applied for the change of plan and they have approved...
I am feeling like crying..
It probably means i have to cope with this BS 250 rs plan this month also...
I am getting 1500 rs bill coz my usage is 2+ GB...
Please advice me...anyone please......

Indranil92001

Journeyman
Help me help me

I logged out from my net at around 11:45 log in back at 12:15 to find out the my plan isn't changed
It still showing
Current Service Plan-HOME 250,Speed-256Kbps(test only)

Now what to do..i have already applied for the change of plan and they have approved...
I am feeling like crying..
It probably means i have to cope with this BS 250 rs plan this month also...
I am getting 1500 rs bill coz my usage is 2+ GB...
Please advice me...anyone please......

The Plan Policy is not changed automatically, it will change by manual. Wait for the morning when the BSNL guy will come their office and changing it.

din

Tribal Boy
I also applied for a plan change.

From UL 750 Plus to UL 1350 Plus. But no change yet ..

I guess it will be ok by tomorrow only ? As today is off for all.

akshaykapoor_3

Journeyman
GUYZ GUYZ !!

Dont expect that they'l do this on their own .. Not to forget BSNL services sucks !

Earlier i was on H250 plan and shifted to H500.. For the change i had written an application and they said that the change would reflect from the starting of the new month. It was 5th of that month and the plan hadnt changed till then. If you ask them they'll alwayz say that your plan has ben changed and you can start with your downloads as per the new plan.

So the point is dont go fr 2-8 downloads till you see the plan changed at the acount information in the portal.

Last edited:
Top Bottom