** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

TechnoKiD

Broken In
ya u guys r rite.. but BSNL is not stupid guys.... the limited and unlimited plans are equally balanced after loads of research. They didnot made the plans just by thinking once.... no mater on what plan you are the output will be same.... cuz... in limited you got speed but download is limited and will cost if you over do... and in unlimited you dont have speed but you got unlimited usage and time to keep it cumming slowly... day night... you can keep downloading 27X7.... leme test the UL plan for one month... if i dont like i will switch back to h500 :)

Presently...I am using 15 days Trial Connection from BSNL which ends on 8th may.So, When should I apply for permanent connection (500C+) and what is the billing cycle (9th May to 9th June) or (9th May to 1 June).

I heard that: Trial Connection limit = 0.5GB...Is this right ?...as I asked from department and they said...its unlimited.

TechnoKiD

Broken In
Flashget is not a reliable bit torrent client.

but i am getting better speed from the same torrent from flashget then utorrent.
i got both in my lappy but i use flashget. also it is easy to use... i keep my lappy on.. and it starts downloading at 2am and stops the download at 8am and i use a diff app to shut down the lappy right at 8am....
i sleep my machine work..now a days. hehehe

no offense.

adi007

Youngling
but i am getting better speed from the same torrent from flashget then utorrent.
i got both in my lappy but i use flashget. also it is easy to use... i keep my lappy on.. and it starts downloading at 2am and stops the download at 8am and i use a diff app to shut down the lappy right at 8am....
i sleep my machine work..now a days. hehehe

no offense.
You have to tweak the utorrent settings...
Change some bittorrent settings in the Options>>Preference
ex:
*img182.imageshack.us/img182/3370/adasdoq3.jpg
And next right click on the active torrent which is downloading and select Bandwidth Allocation >>High

plan 500
in torrent -256 to 300
direct download -256-400
wow....i just hope that for some torrent and direct link download i will get that speed..
BTW where are u from..
I have never seen such a speed in any of the BSNL BB connection here in Hassan...mine is the highest among my friends circle

Last edited:

sreenidhi88

Journeyman
no the guys in bsnl schedule the plan change process.its not manually done for every single application.atleast that's what i felt when i spoke to them.i applied for plan change on 28 and it was changed on 2nd.

they were talking smthing about a queuing in nib.didnt understand completely ,came back home and looked up nib (national internet backbone...:confused:):shock:

Presently...I am using 15 days Trial Connection from BSNL which ends on 8th may.So, When should I apply for permanent connection (500C+) and what is the billing cycle (9th May to 9th June) or (9th May to 1 June).

I heard that: Trial Connection limit = 0.5GB...Is this right ?...as I asked from department and they said...its unlimited.

????

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
@Indranil92001
If you really get this download speed at torrent client then make a screenshot and post it here so Me and all user can see this.

have a look

1-
*img120.imageshack.us/img120/1241/72396661oc2.th.png

*img182.imageshack.us/img182/6158/94603179au7.th.png

*img90.imageshack.us/img90/5303/35169646dq5.th.png

Last edited:

upendra_gp

In the zone
hey friends u all have got 500 plan by BSNL right? then how do u get such great speeds. 300-400kb :shock: !even on direct download with IDM my speed doesn't go above 200kb:( . torrents provide speeds of 40-45 at max!:mad: Should I get my line checked? or do i need to change any settings?
what o u guys think. please advice me on how to get speeds like u!

Last edited:

adi007

Youngling
@NIGHTMARE: Did u port forwarded...if yes how did u do that...
I am unable to do that and that's why i am not getting good speeds

ajaybc

Youngling
BSNL portal not working for me.
I access it by clicking check usage in the dataone.in site.
And the page just loads and loads and loads but nothing happens.
Due to this Iam not able to check my usage this month.
Is there any other link for accessing that site?

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
@adi007

bro i never used a PPPoE connection so no port forwarding i get more and better speed in bridge connection in comparison to PPPoE.so try a bridge connection but its also depend upon ur login priority assign by local exchange machine and its also depend upon ur plan (business plan r in high priority) and how many user r login that time.If ur not getting 256Kbps then give a request for they change ur port

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
@NIGHTMARE

What plan are you under? You SIMPLY CANNOT be under the home 500 plan, as the maximum download speed is 256 KBPS. Please clarify, since your screenshots drive newbies to a delusion that their plan is faster than it is.

Secondly, you use BitComet, a torrent client, that has been banned by the majority of private trackers, and some public trackers recommend not to use it, since Bitcomet is a LEECHING client, and it is a well known fact that IT SHOWS SPEEDS HIGHER THAN THEY ARE. But still, the so-called increased speed cant be till 399 KBPS, its just a bit higher than the normal. So, I conclude that you cannot be on a 500 plan.

@upendragp

It is possible to get 250+ KBPS on both direct and torrent downloads. Torrents are highly unstable, but you can get them under circumstances. There are several posts especially for torrents in the Q&A section. Look at those. You can check my posts for more details. The max download speed for 500 plan is 256 KBPS. Dont be fooled by anyone who says they can get more than that.

ajaybc

Youngling
BSNL portal not working for me.
I access it by clicking check usage in the dataone.in site.
And the page just loads and loads and loads but nothing happens.
Due to this Iam not able to check my usage this month.
Is there any other link for accessing that site?

please someone reply to my question:(

Top Bottom