Windows 7 to be officially named... Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

soumya

In the zone
*www.blogcdn.com/www.engadget.com/media/2008/09/9-21-08-windows_7_screen.jpg

Microsoft is expected to be handing out pre-betas of Windows 7 to devs at WinHEC and PDC soon, and it looks like it's settled on an official name for its next-gen OS -- ahem, Windows 7. Yep, the code name is the real name, which is a first for Windows. According to Mike Nash on the Vista blog, the company went with Windows 7 because it "just makes sense" as the seventh release of Windows, and MS doesn't want to come up with a new "aspirational" name like Vista -- it "doesn't do justice" to the goal of staying "firmly rooted" in the ideas of Vista.

Source

What name would you have given to the next version of Windows?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Argh, the excessive quotes in the paragraph. I hate both Giz and Engadget.

But Windows 7 sounds so odd, ossseven... :p

Indyan

Here Since 2003
No. Its an evolved version of Windows 7 - expected to be a much more refined version of Vista.
I think its a good move by Microsoft - going back to the basics, sends the right signal.

x3060

A LOTR fan
so essentially both are same or is win 7 gonna act like vista sp2 ?????

BTW, windows 7 is a nice name :)

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
so essentially both are same or is win 7 gonna act like vista sp2 ?????

BTW, windows 7 is a nice name :)
windows 7 will have many new features... like sensors. Also it will have IE8, WMP 12, and new microsoft paint.....and many more.

Last edited:

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Nice, Windows 7 sounds adept and upto the point and very professional. Good.

Personally I would have named it Windows Vyacheslavovich for the peppy flavour.

It is destined to be the best ever OS on the planet, though I would love to see some OS from non-Earthly segments in this lifetime.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
x3060... yeah, a LOT of people are thinking along the same lines as windows 7 being a glorified vista SP2. Vista is about twenty times more secure than XP, but twenty times more bugging as well. The interface is horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom