the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

piyus_h

Broken In
After reading this whole thread ... it reminds me of those lines for anna :p i.e " MAIN BHI HP TU BHI HP AB TOH SARA DESH HAI HP" ......... LOL.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
The dv6 6165tx model hasn't been specified on the HP website....

is it better to go for 6121tx or 6165tx since if the latter is a new model there might be unresolved issues.....

6165tx has the same hardware except for a backlit keyboard.

Misconceptions about 6165tx (copied from flipkart) Hope this helps

1.There are 2 memory(RAM) slots on this and ONLY ONE is used(not both as mentioned in the specs by Flipkart).

2.The speakers may be Altec Lansing made but the Beats Audio Engine is still there. (Beats Audio is actually the sound engine in the laptop and not the speakers itself)

3.HDMI port is indeed PRESENT and is v1.4a. (All laptops in the dv6 6100 series have HDMI ports)

Also it is not mentioned here but the processor supports Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 and can go upto speed off 3.1GHz if required by an application.

themohit

Broken In
How is the game play?
What about the switchable graphics?

game play is awesome it beats the **** out of my friend's dell xps 15.
it is supposedly having same issue of opengl as in dv6 6100 earlier i which computer don't use amd graphics in opengl applications though sure it is going to be resolved in future.
in other words awesome laptop other than spekers and it's glossy finish(u have to clean it every now and then)

amirtaraj

Broken In
game play is awesome it beats the **** out of my friend's dell xps 15.
it is supposedly having same issue of opengl as in dv6 6100 earlier i which computer don't use amd graphics in opengl applications though sure it is going to be resolved in future.
in other words awesome laptop other than spekers and it's glossy finish(u have to clean it every now and then)

Thankyou so graphis is working for games,
Did you try this BIOS update : HP Notebook System BIOS Update (Intel Processors) HP Pavilion dv4-3145tx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

aryan24

Broken In
we finally got dv6-6121tx for 54,000 INR this sunday. Its for my younger bro, he is moving to a hostel.

my initial reaction: awesome

if you are looking for a lappy between 50k -60k stop no where but dv6-6121tx

all hp hate club can take a hike..hehe

Niilesh

Padawan
The dv6 6165tx model hasn't been specified on the HP website....

is it better to go for 6121tx or 6165tx since if the latter is a new model there might be unresolved issues.....

hey man it's on HP's website HP Pavilion dv6-6165tx Entertainment Notebook PC Product Specifications - HP Customer Care (India - English)

BTW there is a convenient search option on HP you can use it ;) :D

CloudS

Broken In
*img40.imageshack.us/img40/408/23092011726.jpg

this pic, posted by lucky star.
Is it going to harm the system in any way?
What I think is because of the LED, the light is passing as its way may not have been blocked. So, no problem. Other's views please.

nCyCoD

Gamer..
Finally,few days ago I ordered 6121tx but got a 6165tx..its great..:razz:
Audio is good ,updated the BIOS,so no switchable graphic problem...

Metro 2033 runs great on DX10 mode,but on DX11 mode I several lines on screen.Any solution?

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent

Metro 2033 runs great on DX10 mode,but on DX11 mode I several lines on screen.Any solution?

Congrats... Why dont you post some pics... esp of the backlit keyboard

digyourpc

Broken In

Hi, congrats on your purchase:razz:, but can you tell me from where you ordered the laptop??
Also, how is the cooling of this laptop, does it have hp coolsense technology??

If possible please post a short review with specs and pics, I am looking forward to buy this laptop, hp dv6 6165tx.....

Thanks

Last edited:

amirtaraj

Broken In

Congrats :)
Post some pictures of the backlit keyboard

nCyCoD

Gamer..
Thank you..

Guys,it doesn't have backlit keyboard!

I bought it in a local shop.
It is super cool for normal operations,when gaming it does heat up.
It has Cool Sense.
I'll post some pics tomorrow.

iamshaazz

Broken In
Thank you..

Guys,it doesn't have backlit keyboard!

I bought it in a local shop.
It is super cool for normal operations,when gaming it does heat up.
It has Cool Sense.
I'll post some pics tomorrow.

No backlit keyboard???:sad:
How is the laptop so far as you used? I am planning to buy the same. Will you recommend it? :confused:

nCyCoD

Gamer..
Laptop is quite good,not even single problem since purchase,I recommend it for gaming..
I didn't like the arrow keys,it should have been normal..

anoopjb

search engine..
Any idea about old dv4 3016. Wil hp release proud successor of dis beauty?????
There is nothing , even a word about new dv series in hp website. Is it worth waiting.??
Will der be any diwali offr from hp??
Geeks plz reply....

There is nothing , even a word about new dv series in hp website. Is it worth waiting.??
Geeks plz reply.

Geeks plz reply.

Top Bottom