the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

sarathsnair

Journeyman
*downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=20036
Go to the above mentioned link and download the drivers.
BTW there is supposed to be a folder called swsetup or something like that,it contains all the drivers and all the crapware hp gave you.

i downloaded the file u mentioned and the error become like this. how can i solve this problem ?:-(

red dragon

Master troll
Could you find the SW folder?Did you go the BIOS and altered anything?
Did you try installing from device manager?
Follow these steps,
...go to start>type device installation>go to change device installation settings>choose the second option(let me choose what to do,and the 2nd option below that)
Check the driver from Intel site yourself,I was in hurry when I posted the link..please cross check yourself.

Last edited:

red dragon

Master troll
Go to this link and read it carefully,and please report back.
Graphics — Customized computer manufacturer graphics driver is detected

dude..any new series coming?? i really wanted to buy a Hp laptop with 6770m power in it :\
No idea mate,I am not at all interested in hp laptops.

avi.pterodactyl

Right off the assembly line
heloo guys ...i recently bought HP dv6 6121tx for 55k

after buying ..i had problems with graphic not able to switch manually ...

i had been reading whole day ..nd found out that ...its not possible...

is there ne way i can switch to graphic card manually...

please can u state .....updates and fix ...how do it go abt it if there is any solution to my problem

m not a core gamer ... as such...i work more on 3d software's ..nd i need graphics for it

HELP PLZ

vgr

Broken In
This DV6 series has always been a pain in their as*,visit any HP service centre and talk to those poor service engineers.In fact one of them told me to avoid dv6 in future.
Their probook series has always been their best seller and had much less failure rates and much better than their rival Vostros.
And there are very good Indian forums,where people wont even touch the dv6 with a 6 feet pole,and let me tell you those guys are definitely not noobs:wink:

Heard of something called VLC or MPC?Who bought you a laptop?

well the guy who made MPC left them and started making duam pot player.. You've got a lot to read up on for 64 bit player nooB
-----------

That apart, has anyone noticed the keys on their keyboard starting to come off yet? My page down, ctrl and shift keys seem awkward! Hope I'm the only one with this problem.... btw i've only completed one game on this laptop.... hope it doesn't give out so soon...

++ has anyone tried out the catalyst 11.9 drivers

CloudS

Broken In
well...well..well.. i was planning to buy a Hp dv6-6121tx in coming days but from past days m seeing hp not showing any dv6 models in his official website :-o:-o..new models coming ?? really:shock::shock:

Dv6 has the best specs one can get in the range. Don't know why it is removed from site, unless something new is coming up.

sarathsnair

Journeyman
Could you find the SW folder?Did you go the BIOS and altered anything?
Did you try installing from device manager?
Follow these steps,
...go to start>type device installation>go to change device installation settings>choose the second option(let me choose what to do,and the 2nd option below that)
Check the driver from Intel site yourself,I was in hurry when I posted the link..please cross check yourself.

i tried a lot and i dont get that driver. what shoul i do :-( ?
when ever i open angry birds, it shows the error message as above. i can play it in high performance mode.

red dragon

Master troll
well the guy who made MPC left them and started making duam pot player.. You've got a lot to read up on for 64 bit player nooB
Mr.Geek,MPC is still there and there is no such thing called duam pot player.
It is called Daum Potplayer.
Geeky indeed!
And I do need to read up a lot more..but what should I read?Digit magazines?;-)

Last edited:

sarathsnair

Journeyman
i am using after effects cs5 for making our college trailer. i hav a 6121tx. but on working with that software it becomes very slow. rendering speed is about 2 frames per second. is their anyone used after fx in this machine ? how can i increase overall performance with this software ?

anoopjb

search engine..
shud i wait for new dv series or consider buying another one?? i made up ma mind on dv4 3018tx:?..

will ther be any cool offers from hp or any other brand dis diwali??:)):))

heloo guys ...i recently bought HP dv6 6121tx for 55k

after buying ..i had problems with graphic not able to switch manually ...

i had been reading whole day ..nd found out that ...its not possible...

is there ne way i can switch to graphic card manually...

please can u state .....updates and fix ...how do it go abt it if there is any solution to my problem

m not a core gamer ... as such...i work more on 3d software's ..nd i need graphics for it

HELP PLZ

did you update the BIOS ?? (it will give you the option for manual switching)

Locate and Install Updated BIOS, Drivers, and Software HP Pavilion dv6-6121tx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (India - English)

also check previous post of this thread, there is a complete solution for your problem ..

Prongs298

In the zone
Guys is the dv4 3015tx still available in delhi?
Can someone tell me the address?
And is the dv6 now going for 56k ?

sachitgul

Journeyman
HP Notebook DV6-6165TX Laptop: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review HP Notebook

successor for the 6121tx!
was expecting a bluray and HD6850 but even this is epic!

here is the pdf from the HP website
*h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/GetPDF.aspx/c02847325.pdf

i want a dv6 with the same config but with an i5 for 45k!!
would so get that!!

HP should let us customize like dell!

themohit

Broken In
Guys is the dv4 3015tx still available in delhi?
Can someone tell me the address?
And is the dv6 now going for 56k ?
i think it's discontinued because when i asked about dv4 3016tx lady in hp world(chandigarh) said it was discontinued and they had a new hp dv4 3145tx same specs as dv4 3016tx except new i5 2430m processor and 750 gb hard drive for 45k . i think i overpaid but anyway it wasn't available elsewhere and i had get a laptop immediately . since then loving my laptop but it seems to have same opengl issue as dv6 6100 series and no solution yet though that don't bother me much as i hardly use any of those apps .

akhilfree

Broken In
Any one tried Tropico 4 or Stalker:call of pripyat with the 11.9 drivers, i get 3 thick black bands (2~3 cm each) on upper portion of the screen.{HP 6121tx}

enkay3987

Broken In
The dv6 6165tx model hasn't been specified on the HP website....

is it better to go for 6121tx or 6165tx since if the latter is a new model there might be unresolved issues.....

amirtaraj

Broken In
i think it's discontinued because when i asked about dv4 3016tx lady in hp world(chandigarh) said it was discontinued and they had a new hp dv4 3145tx same specs as dv4 3016tx except new i5 2430m processor and 750 gb hard drive for 45k . i think i overpaid but anyway it wasn't available elsewhere and i had get a laptop immediately . since then loving my laptop but it seems to have same opengl issue as dv6 6100 series and no solution yet though that don't bother me much as i hardly use any of those apps .

How is the game play?
What about the switchable graphics?

Top Bottom