Super Moderator
Staff member
Another rumor:

Doom 4 "Indefinitely Postponed" Following RAGE's Disappointing Launch

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Those who are saying rage is bad , check the following:

Rage: Performance Analysis On The PC

Its a glitchy game true but works great after patches were applied. All amd and nvidia users should upgrade their drivers to the latest beta release for this game.

Despite the game’s beautiful environments, Rage quickly earned itself a bad reputation on the PC for glitches and problems on many machines. To be honest, I didn’t run into any serious issues on my Intel or AMD test boxes, regardless of graphics card. Admittedly, that's after installing hotfix drivers from both AMD and Nvidia, though.

At the end of the day, Rage is still worth playing. In the days after its launch, both AMD and Nvidia (along with id) greatly improved the game's experience on a PC. Thanks to a fairly modest playability requirements on consoles, you don't need much PC firepower to push this one as far it'll go, too. Just make sure you grab the latest beta drivers, first.

In short Rage offers mind bending graphics which don't take a toll out of your system. That's the beauty of opengl.

Last edited:

rajnusker

Sage of the Six Paths
Its a glitchy game true but works great after patches were applied. All amd and nvidia users should upgrade their drivers to the latest beta release for this game.

I face severe FPS drops (in mose games), when I update to 11.xx drivers. :( Catalyst 10.11 is the only stable drivers working for me. Is this game optimized for 11.xx drivers or old drivers works just fine. Are there any specific drivers only for this game just like Battlefield 3?

Piyush

Lanaya
I'm never said the weapons are under-powered. The game has a hit-detection issue, which means, at times it won't register a shot, even though you aimed it accurately. This doesn't happen all the time, just on rare occasions. It was even mentioned in the Game Trailer review.
hmm...only on rare occasions..okay

@vicky
that link is nice..

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
@vicky:
From your quote: even though reviewer was satisfied, editor thought otherwise, and if metacritic score is any indication, it's an abysmal 3.9 after more than 600 votes. Among user reviewers, 223 out of 367 have reported it negative. Something somewhere must have gone wrong. And to top it its 60USD, close to 3k at this moment! :(

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Rage is actually performing great in my system and i'm using 11.9 catalyst drivers. I have to agree with tomshardware reviewer here because rage looks fantastic. Better than metro 2033 and weapons are far far better.

See it to believe it. Amd and nvidia seem to have fixed a lot of previous issues in their drivers for this game. Metacritic scores hardly matter. Those are simple user votes and these users must have been through the bugs and glitches thereby spreading negativity.

But all those issues have been fixed now.

I have another interesting link that will cheer you up for sure :smile:

The Radeon HD 6950 Sweet Spot: Five 1 GB Cards Rounded-Up

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Checked before, and they are actually recommending the Sapphire. ;) Looks like the dual fan design has done the trick.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Checked before, and they are actually recommending the Sapphire. ;) Looks like the dual fan design has done the trick.

Exactly mate. This one has no heating issues at all. Real good job by sapphire.
So planning for cf?

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Need a CPU, and more importantly a proper platform before that. But first of all, let the dollar price cool down. Everyone is hiking the prices as much as they can.

So have you completed the game?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Got my defib upgrade and man, this was one long mission. Took a large amount of my ammo as well. I was expecting the boss fight to be tougher, but this was completely dumbed down. :x

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
Yeah.. this was the one we use rocket launchers to take down the big mutant, right? there was easy cover available.. :p

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Need a CPU, and more importantly a proper platform before that. But first of all, let the dollar price cool down. Everyone is hiking the prices as much as they can.]

Go for sandybridge or sandybridge-E. They are pretty future proof platforms now.

So have you completed the game?

No,not even clocked one hour of total gameplay yet. Playing bulletstorm side by side as well.:smile:

Piyush

Lanaya
so after installing the game, we have to apply 1gb update...
anything other which i missed out?
Is 1 gb update the only one out there till now?

sameer.pur

The Chosen One
^^ Yeah there is only 1 update. Also upgrade your graphics card drivers if you want. There is a Hot-fix for ATi users I think.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Got my defib upgrade and man, this was one long mission. Took a large amount of my ammo as well. I was expecting the boss fight to be tougher, but this was completely dumbed down. :x

Im on Nightmare. During the first 2 hours, I was taking everybody down with a pistol and thought that the difficulty was truly dumbed down, but it goes up slowly, specially the first mission at subway is bloody difficult..multiple bosses and mutants at the same time!! (heaven :D) just keep going ;)

Piyush

Lanaya
need feedback from AMD/ATI users

what all fixes you did after installing the game.
any particular links will surely help

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot

Sadly the only way to get a decent challenge is to crank up difficulty setting.

Top Bottom