mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
Here is the monarch
*farm7.static.flickr.com/6229/6321386558_51dc55ea8a.jpg
Rage 2011-11-07 09-08-07-14 (Small) by mithun_mrg, on Flickr

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
While it doesn't offer as much latitude as Fallout 3 did, but if you like Borderlands and Quake 4 then this one is a must play.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Here is the monarch
*farm7.static.flickr.com/6229/6321386558_51dc55ea8a.jpg
Rage 2011-11-07 09-08-07-14 (Small) by mithun_mrg, on Flickr

^^ nice pic ;-) - do you hjave it it ??

Ok..how much rating u give outta 10...
also does it have a replay value?

even after applying the huge patch the game is still buggy - texture glitches and hangs sometimes though I liked this game but there's no peplay value IMO - I would give it 7.5 and a must play ;-)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Finished 85% the main quest. Impressed by the level designs, enemy variety and themes.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^is there any improvement after the patch (1GB)?
pls give the patch download links (official)...

I've started playing the game with the update patch installed - so really can't compare the patched and non patched version

as for download links - there's no official standalone installer available - only way is to get it through steam or else take a look at the gameranand suggestion ;-)

here's the changelog :

Implemented workaround for AMD driver crash right after intro cinematic on Win 7 32-bit systems.

Disabled UBOs because they are causing animation issues with AMD drivers.

Don't allow swap-tear to be enabled on AMD while the extension is not exposed because it may crash.

Support for new video settings: "texture cache", "vsync" and "anisotropic filter"

Automatically adjust vt_maxPPF based on the number of available cores.

Improved performance for SLI cards when GPU transcode is enabled.

Fix for GPU Transcoding option being disabled after exiting gameplay.

Added safe mode to restore video settings to default values.

Allow g_fov to be changed from the RAGE launch options in Steam.

Server now forwards text chat from clients to all other clients while in-game.

for more info take a look at the official link :
New RAGE PC Update - Bethesda Softworks Forums

for AMD users they are recommending to stick with AMD Catalyst™ 11.10 Version 2 Preview Drivers ;-)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
My impression haven't change since the completion of the game. Average shooter, good body animation/reaction, last level design was commonplace.

Probably the best level was "The Well". Game reminded me of F.E.A.R (some creepy elements), Dead Space (music at times), Far Cry (Chaingun weilding mutants) and borderlands.

Dead city could have been utilized much more but only one mammoth mutant fight was a let down. Not other boss fights.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I did not like the giant special mutant fight but shooting the normal mutants with shotgun felt really good ;-)

Piyush

Lanaya
played for 1.5hrs
really like the gunfight (though only using pistol)

currently finished "Quell the bandits" mission

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^Gun fight and enemy animations are top notch. But it suffers from same animation invincibility bug. You cannot inflict damage when the enemy is reacting to your last piercing bullet.

But the game is no fallout 3 :/

Top Bottom