ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Perhaps the only game I'm waiting for this year. Here are a few old trailers.

[youtube]Cd-LPHZcLNQ[/youtube]

[youtube]BTTBjzm-jwE[/youtube]

As the game is developed by id Software, expect this to run across all platforms. It doesn't use Direct3D.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^It will use Opengl like doom 3 right? They are one of my favorite developers too. Gonna set some benchmarks like doom 3 did.

I guess we will see a doom 4 after this.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
yup, it will use OpenGL.

And with the release of RAGE and id Tech 5 engine, the previous id Tech 4 engine will be GPLed. In simple words, the source of id Tech 4 will be made available for free and it would be free to modify too.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^When doom 3 was launched back then powered by id tech 4, it was well ahead of its time. Kind of a system benchmark with lifelike characters and darkness used in its finest.The cone of light emmited from the torch was worth seeing.

Guess the tech 4 engine has more juice left to be extracted and we can see some gems from lesser developers.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
yup, Doom 3 was _the_ game for benchmarking in those days.

id always has the habit of GPLing their old engines. Good for the community.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well I am quite impressed with the engine and I am also very impressed by the developers Betheda Soft because they made many gems. Eagerly waiting for this one lets see if it live upto the hype.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am also very impressed by the developers Betheda Soft because they made many gems.
NO! Developer = id Software.

id = father of FPS with Wolfenstein 3D. ;) Bethesda = publisher.

Man the visuals look phenomenal!..somebody tell my why should'nt I be excited abt this! :p
yup. Like I mentioned before, it is OpenGL not Direct3D. This should put "OpenGL is crap" myth to an end.

gameranand

Living to Play
ico said:
NO! Developer = id Software.
Ops didn't knew that.
I saw a interview of John Carmack or something(Can't remember the surname). Damn he was quite sure that this game would be a success.

Last edited:

cyborg47

Technomancer
Ashes 09?..WTF!?!?!?
err..is it just me, or anyone else also looking at that Ashes quote by 'gameranand'?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Nice. Never see your face and never hear your self.

Looking forward to this. The big daddies of FPS should deliver.

gameranand

Living to Play
cyborg 47 said:
Ashes 09?..WTF!?!?!?
err..is it just me, or anyone else also looking at that Ashes quote by 'gameranand'?
Sorry. My bad. I was browsing other topics and I think I forgot to Press Ctrl+C after selecting text.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Ops didn't knew that.
I saw a interview of John Carmack or something(Can't remember the surname). Damn he was quite sure that this game would be a success.

yeah John Carmack, the guy behind games like doom, wolfentstein etc.
and co founder of ID software.

gameranand

Living to Play
cyborg47 said:
yeah John Carmack, the guy behind games like doom, wolfentstein etc.
and co founder of ID software.
Well I loved doom but didn't quite liked Wolfenstein. But Doom was a epic. This should also be an epic because if he was not resting then he has spend quite a big time on this game.

Top Bottom