vickybat

I am the night...I am...
One more thing, the BEST opening cinematic I had ever seen, even Mass Effect 3's storytelling looks childish compared to this. Too damn good.

ME3 isn't launched yet right? Actually i never doubted rage or id software. They have immense potential and look at their guts to create such a masterpiece using opengl.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well I have played doom 3 and yes it was very good. But rage sounds like a better taste. :D

but there's a huge diff between Rage and Doom 3 - Dooms 3 was a sci-fi survival horror game for me ( it's really scary to shoot zombies and alien creatures in dark ) but though Rage has Zombies and monsters they are not scary as those in Doom 3 - Doom 3 was one of the masterpiece and Rage is good on it's own - the open world environment, buying /making needed gears , ability to freely roam and encounter various enemies while completing objectives made it a good RPG game ;-)

gameranand

Living to Play
well yeah doom 3 was quite scary game for sure. And as I like RPG games more than anything thats why I am biased towards Rage.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
well yeah doom 3 was quite scary game for sure. And as I like RPG games more than anything thats why I am biased towards Rage.

It doesn't provide the same experience as ME 2 or Fallout 3. A limited RPG IMO. Could have been better but falls short on promises and hype.

tkin

Back to school!!
ME3 isn't launched yet right? Actually i never doubted rage or id software. They have immense potential and look at their guts to create such a masterpiece using opengl.
I think now we can confirm what John Carmack said earlier about OpenGL being equivalent or maybe superior to DX, he was right and I admit that I was skeptical at first but now I am all for OpenGL.

^^ok..the sound effect of Rage is similar to Doom 3..heart pumping?
Guns sound really good, music is good as well, and the voice acting is superb, so I'd say yes.

It doesn't provide the same experience as ME 2 or Fallout 3. A limited RPG IMO. Could have been better but falls short on promises and hype.
Yeah, I mentioned it in my review, a bit too short(around 15 hrs on hard).

Top Bottom