topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
played for 1.5hrs
really like the gunfight (though only using pistol)

currently finished "Quell the bandits" mission

I've played it around 6 hours but some game files got corrupted ( OC testing was going on - check siggy ) - now after loading any save file/ new game the game looks like very weird - will start playing it again after reinstalling this ;-)

Piyush

Lanaya
I've played it around 6 hours but some game files got corrupted ( OC testing was going on - check siggy ) - now after loading any save file/ new game the game looks like very weird - will start playing it again after reinstalling this ;-)

you mean loading the previous save files make the game weird?
and did you try new game?does it make difference?

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
you mean loading the previous save files make the game weird?
and did you try new game?does it make difference?

no buddy the save files are fine - even if I start a new game from scratch the gfx would look really weird because of corrupted game files ( not game save files ) - so a reinstall of the game will fix this ;-)

tkin

Back to school!!
Okay, I just finished Rage and it was simply too awesome for words, perfect gameplay(like borderlands, but more driving and more variations), superb graphics(the sky looked freaking real, and most of the textures were high res), very smooth mouse control(unlike the cr@p BF3 mouse control turned out to be), enemies were fun, specially the melee attackers who actively dodged bullets, lots of enemy variations, weapons are highly detailed and fun to use, multiple ammo types, engineering items, races, this game has everything I wanted.

Also unlike some users complaining in the web, I had zero texture pop up or any texture corruption issues, the game ran flawlessly for the entire 14 hrs I ended up playing it, not even a single crash or anything.

Cons: Well for starters, the ending was lame, just too lame to make any impact, and it was waaay too easy, second problem was a lack of map inside the towns making it harder for me to find the destinations inside the town, also a few more side missions could have been easily squeezed in, 14hrs isn't much for a RPG game like Rage. Buts that's all the cons I could find in Rage.

9/10 from me.

**Wingsticks and mind control bolts are f***ing cool.

tkin

Back to school!!
One more thing, the BEST opening cinematic I had ever seen, even Mass Effect 3's storytelling looks childish compared to this. Too damn good.

tkin

Back to school!!
Huh? I just watched Doom 3 intro in youtube, a bunch of texts followed by a dropship and some guys talking? Where's the epicness? Or did I watch the wrong video?

This is rage intro BTW:
[YOUTUBE]8z4FhjqPVvw[/YOUTUBE]

Top Bottom