** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

ajaybc

Youngling
^
Try using the bsnl bandwidth calculator tool..

What is that thing?
I searched for it in Google it came up with a blog that has link to the shaplus bandwidth calculator.I have tried it is not currect.Many bugs I think.It showed even minus(negative values):mad: as my usage.So uninstalled it.

Or better use Datafox
www.thegoan.com/datafox/

Iam having the new connection with the ip 117.XX.XX.XX
In these datafox would not work.:(

Can anyone atleast give me the links to the dataone usage checking site?
Are you guys able to see the site?
I tried to open it with both IE7 and firefox but it wont work:(

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
What is that thing?
I searched for it in Google it came up with a blog that has link to the shaplus bandwidth calculator.I have tried it is not currect.Many bugs I think.It showed even minus(negative values):mad: as my usage.So uninstalled it.

Ya i was talking of it....Well I had tried it twice or thrice and it was working fine for me...so recommended u this!
Contact bsnl ppl...maybe tht could help!

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
What is that thing?

Iam having the new connection with the ip 117.XX.XX.XX
In these datafox would not work.:(

Can anyone atleast give me the links to the dataone usage checking site?
Are you guys able to see the site?
I tried to open it with both IE7 and firefox but it wont work:(
It does work, download the latest version from site directly.
just check Override default domain. and select bbservice.bsnl.in from the domain list, DataFox will not work for you otherwise. In the username field and password fields, you must enter your 14 digit portal Id and corresponding password; these are different from the username and password you use in your dialer / modem / router.
www.thegoan.com/datafox/
The latest version changelog
Version 1.4 (Current)

* Support added for new BSNL portal (bbservice.bsnl.in).
* DataFox will now cache results automatically.

maddy_in65

Journeyman
@gary4gar

I am using internet in ubuntu and vista, does datafox calculate data usage of both OS. I also not able to see my datausage since last 7 days.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
@gary4gar

I am using internet in ubuntu and vista, does datafox calculate data usage of both OS. I also not able to see my datausage since last 7 days.
i will get Your total usage from your Broadband account. regarding to you used it in Vista or Ubuntu.
Datafox simple fetches records from The bsnl portal, is the portal itself is down. it can't check usage

TechnoKiD

Broken In
datafox will work only when the bbservice.bsnl.in... but the page it self is not opening.... i am trying to access it day and night from last 3 days..but i can get it opened....

what is bsnl doin man??? their site dont work... but their bill will be 101% correct.... not letting us check what we are doin...

praka123

left this forum longback
weirdo!I am getting dataone working while my landline is dead :| !
bsnl line men said a cable was cut yesterday by digging ppl :evil:

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
I had applied fr change in my plan frm home 250 to 750 unl on 1st MAY...
Still on 250 plan...how long does it normally take??

Else i wll have to visit the exchange myself!

ajaybc

Youngling
It does work, download the latest version from site directly.
just check Override default domain. and select bbservice.bsnl.in from the domain list, DataFox will not work for you otherwise. In the username field and password fields, you must enter your 14 digit portal Id and corresponding password; these are different from the username and password you use in your dialer / modem / router.
www.thegoan.com/datafox/
The latest version changelog

Thank you very much:DIt is wrking great.Thanks

leftalone

Right off the assembly line
A Weird DATAONE problem...plz read and post your opinions/solutions

I request you guys to atleast read thorugh my problem even if you dont know the solution.

I'm havin a Home500 plan and it was functioning well since a couple of weeks back. Then, some weird problems started:

1. I couldn't access the net alltime. It was UP only at random times and after repeated number of ON/OFF cycles or even waiting 15-30 minutes.

2. Even when I can surf the websites, None of my download managers (IDM, FlashGet) could connect to any server in the web. But, uTorrent works at that time.

3. After some time of connectivity, the connection drops and i cant access any site, nor the torrents work. BUT, THE Router Status shows the condition as "UP".

This was the problem. I tried many combinations of diferent things, but nothing helped. So i decided to go to the BSNL office.

1. There, it was confirmed that it was not any problems related to my phone line as the DSL INDICATOR LED was lighted always.

2. Next, they said me to make sure that these entries are as follows:
IP: 192.168.1.100
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: 192.168.1.1
DNS: 192.168.1.1
Alternate DNS: 218.248.255.145

These values dint match my default settings as shows by running the "ipconfig" command in DOS.

So, i manually entered those values given by the officer in the connection properties.
But, :(:(:(:(:(, still it doesnt solve the problem.

Now, I can surf the web for sometime before the connection drops, and that too at atrociously-low-speeds. And also, none of the download managers work.

Well, i know this is a long post. COnsider this as a discusion rather than a request. I'm not getting the whats the problem behind this problem!!!!!

Displaying webpages is done by downloading images and stuff to your computer. It works. But then why the download managers doesn't work, Can download thorugh the Browser though, and torrents DO work.

As you can see, this is really confusing and weird. I am left helpless, so i shared with you ppl. If you could post a reply, it WOULD BE A GREAT HELP.
Atleast, reply with what you think might be the problem...

Indranil92001

Journeyman
Re: A Weird DATAONE problem...plz read and post your opinions/solutions

2. Even when I can surf the websites, None of my download managers (IDM, FlashGet) could connect to any server in the web. But, uTorrent works at that time....

This is indicating you have DNS problem. Because torrent dose not need Http address for downloading ( Torrent Client need Http only for the announcing. The announcing ( Updating ) need for the Private Traker but this is not related to the downloading )

3. After some time of connectivity, the connection drops and i cant access any site, nor the torrents work. BUT, THE Router Status shows the condition as "UP".....

This is clearly indicating you have DNS problem on your system. This problem from your LanCard.This time torrent is not working because when the torrent client reach it's Traker Update time or when you start your torrent client then the torrent Client need Http for announcing but it's cant do this because of the problem from DNS. But at this time you can browse your ADSL Modem configaration webpage because you use the IP address like 192.168.1.1 or 100.

I dont see your PC, so this is the problem for me to giving correct advice to you. But you can try with below.

1. If you have antivirus with firewall then cheak the settings or uninstall it. Some time antivirus name nood32 giving this type of problem.

2. Try to use connect PPPoE from your desktop. It's better to use direct from your Desktop. Then you dont need to put the Ip address and the DNS address on your ADSL modem. To use PPPoE from your desktop set your ADSL modem in Bridge Mode and install the PPPoE in your PC. You can fiend the PPPoE software on your CD which is provided by BSNL or if you have windows XP then you have PPPoE build on your OS you need to just install it.

3. Then last things is to fromat your HDD and reinstall your OS and try.

I can tell you this problem from your LanCard or your antivireus with FireWall.

Try to connect PPPoE from your DeskTop.

If the WAN Led is good and dont goes off then your Line is OK.

Last edited:

TechnoKiD

Broken In
@leftalone these things are normal with Dataone... i also face like this sometimes...

guys i need some explanation...if anybody know..

see this info.

My Order Details
Orderid xxxxxx
Order Type Plan Change
Plan Name Home UL 750 Plus
Order Status Future Dated

now is my plane changed or what?

also the Free usages row that appears at the bottom is gone... the now the last month billed shows 15gb... man will they change me 15k

before the plan change in normal usage it was 2gb and in free usage it was 13gb..

now the free usage block is gone and the value is added to the normal usages.... man m worried...

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
I had applied fr change in plan on 1st may n its 7 now and i m almost done wth my bandwidth but these fuc**rs are doing ntng..
My hols seem to b spoilt.......huh :(

TechnoKiD

Broken In
i applied on 28th April .. and its changed on 7th may.... call your bsnl exchange... i called them 2day asking about the plan... and they conformed that its changes... and i can download unlimited...

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
Ya...I personally met them...thy started off wth excuses like thy will have billing problems..soft not accepting.. asked to wait for some more days!

cool.josh

Right off the assembly line
well here we another problem for me
i am using Home 500c
i am facin lotta problem when browsing
i cant open the site when i click it
first it show firefox cant display
after refreshin it,the site gets opened
and yeah
i cant open even some sites in ma browser
i asked one fren to open this site
www.tigerdirect.com
in his pc
but it dint open
guys what shud i do
i dun have a firewall
i uninstalled kaspersky internet security thinkin this is blockin ma traffic
but no
even now i face this problem
i cant have a proper browsin
i checked it in all other browsers available in ma pc
not only that site
www.orkut.com
www.google.com
www.mail.yahoo.com
www.gmail.com
first it shows page cannt be displayed when i refresh it, the site gets opened
and yeah even ma yahoo messengers logs off n logs in
and if ma frenz msg me it shows those msgs ass offline msgs
plz help me out guys

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
Guys, Iam planning to shift to BSNL from my $hitty Sify connection. Can't take it anymore. Planning to go for the UL750 plan.

Can you provide me some details?

1. What type modem should I go for? Do you its better to buy the modem rather than renting it?

2. Is the cost Rs. 750, inclusive of taxes?

TechnoKiD

Broken In
@cool.josh

first u got to be use that your connection is ok... next check if any background application is using your connection... for updates or something...

and then use a computer cleaner....(that removes junk , temp files and temp folder contents) then use a registry software to clean ur registry...

and then try to browse... if the problem dont solve... then try formating and reinstall windows.... this will sure fix ur prob. if ur connection is ok....

can u post the last time u formated your system?

750 plan may be unlimited but its boring man....

being a 250 and then 500 user i am feeling very bad... i am downloading at 30kbps and sometimes it goes down to 3-4-5kbps..... man... till yesterday i got ~360kbps...hehe

Last edited:
Top Bottom