** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Guys, Iam planning to shift to BSNL from my $hitty Sify connection. Can't take it anymore. Planning to go for the UL750 plan.

Can you provide me some details?

1. What type modem should I go for? Do you its better to buy the modem rather than renting it?

2. Is the cost Rs. 750, inclusive of taxes?

Go for Type 4 Router if u wish to get it from BSNL. IF u wish to purchase go for D-Link or Huawei. No, the cost is exclusive of Taxes..so final bill will be arnd 840.

ajaybc

Youngling
well here we another problem for me
i am using Home 500c
i am facin lotta problem when browsing
i cant open the site when i click it
first it show firefox cant display
after refreshin it,the site gets opened
and yeah
i cant open even some sites in ma browser
i asked one fren to open this site
www.tigerdirect.com
in his pc
but it dint open
guys what shud i do
i dun have a firewall
i uninstalled kaspersky internet security thinkin this is blockin ma traffic
but no
even now i face this problem
i cant have a proper browsin
i checked it in all other browsers available in ma pc
not only that site
www.orkut.com
www.google.com
www.mail.yahoo.com
www.gmail.com
first it shows page cannt be displayed when i refresh it, the site gets opened
and yeah even ma yahoo messengers logs off n logs in
and if ma frenz msg me it shows those msgs ass offline msgs
plz help me out guys

I get the same problem wen I stumble using the stumble toolbar.It first says the page cannot be displayed and wen refreshing it dislays properly.
For normal browsing no problem.Only for stumble this problem is there

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
Go for Type 4 Router if u wish to get it from BSNL. IF u wish to purchase go for D-Link or Huawei. No, the cost is exclusive of Taxes..so final bill will be arnd 840.

Thanks! Can we get the modem from outside as well, I thought we have to buy it from the BSNL guys? Neways, any specifications about the D-Link or Huawei modems one has to look for?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Thanks! Can we get the modem from outside as well, I thought we have to buy it from the BSNL guys? Neways, any specifications about the D-Link or Huawei modems one has to look for?
I am using D-link GLB502T router which i brought from market.
Its working Nicely
But i would advise you to get modem from bsnl as if you get from market, you are on your own. BSNL will not provide support for that. so you would need some extra knowledge to configure it yourself. but however D-link guys do help if you need any support.

They helped me configure my router step by step over phone. but with BSNL, their person would come & install it himself

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
@NIGHTMARE

What plan are you under? You SIMPLY CANNOT be under the home 500 plan, as the maximum download speed is 256 KBPS. Please clarify, since your screenshots drive newbies to a delusion that their plan is faster than it is.

Secondly, you use BitComet, a torrent client, that has been banned by the majority of private trackers, and some public trackers recommend not to use it, since Bitcomet is a LEECHING client, and it is a well known fact that IT SHOWS SPEEDS HIGHER THAN THEY ARE. But still, the so-called increased speed cant be till 399 KBPS, its just a bit higher than the normal. So, I conclude that you cannot be on a 500 plan.

my plan is 500 and i am getting above 256KBps in torrents and direct download if u believe its ok otherwise no problem i post the screen shots and u not trust on ur eyes so its ok

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
Ok...One more bit f info reqd.! In the HOME 500 plan, is it enough to schedule the downloads from 2-8 or is it necessary to connect/disconnect the modem for this session?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Ok...One more bit f info reqd.! In the HOME 500 plan, is it enough to schedule the downloads from 2-8 or is it necessary to connect/disconnect the modem for this session?
connect/disconnect is not necessary as bsnl automatically resets the data counter. but its a safe practice

maddy_in65

Journeyman
I have a query regarding my e-mail address, when i checked my profile it shows my email id as "den**_**@dataone.in" and my BSNL username is "my name@bsnl.in".
which one i use for configuring my mail client. becoz i use my bsnl un to check web mail. which is my primary mail address.

I have another query, i want to share mail betn ubuntu and vista, long time ago i see one post which guide to do the same but now i cant find the same, please some one give me that link or guide me the same:eek:

Right off the assembly line
I have Plan 250 Broadband connection which I access through my computer with Win XP. The problem is that I can not access my mail through Outlook express even though I configured it with POP3 server details given by BSNL. Please Help.

nix

hi guys ... am getting an unlimited 750 rs plan too.. what is the speed of that plan ?? is it 256kbps unlimited or 128kbps unlimited??

also, i have a wireless router... (LINKSYS) because i would like to use wireless internet inside my house. should i go in for a modem? if yes, then what kind?

upendra_gp

In the zone
hey friends i have home 500 plan. my email id is X@dataone.in. where to check my mails?
edit: which is the service by BSNL which has started only in selected cities and provides wireless broadband or something like that. I forgot it. please tell me.

Last edited:

din

Tribal Boy
hi guys ... am getting an unlimited 750 rs plan too.. what is the speed of that plan ?? is it 256kbps unlimited or 128kbps unlimited??

also, i have a wireless router... (LINKSYS) because i would like to use wireless internet inside my house. should i go in for a modem? if yes, then what kind?

750 UL - 256 kbps

BSNL already providing the modem isn't it ? So you need not buy another I think, the router will do the sharing part.

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
I cant chk my portal tooo..........what to do??
Pls have a look at the screenshot!

*img388.imageshack.us/img388/4298/portalerrorif9.th.jpg

adi007

Youngling
^^Same here

This has happened for me the first time
i am unable to check the usage

I have used the following

direct usage check
via datafox check
via DUF 2.0
via DQUF(Data fox Quick Usage)

I have tried nearly 10-20 urls like 10.240.240.195,10.240.89.199 etc

I don't think there are anyways in the world apart from these where i can try to check my usage
Please help me anyone :(

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think those BSNL servers are down........

I couldn't even connect for about 2-3 hours in the afternoon.....

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
One thing I've come to know is that those BSNL database servers are on Solaris 8 (SunOS 5.8 )....

Indranil92001

Journeyman
my plan is 500 and i am getting above 256KBps in torrents and direct download if u believe its ok otherwise no problem i post the screen shots and u not trust on ur eyes so its ok

Yes, it could be. Because if your speed policy set to 4Mbps then you get this download speed. Speed policy and the plan policy is not same, they need to manualy put during the account creation or if any person change his/her policy then need to change the policy manually.Just put a screenshot taken from www.speedtest.net then all memember understand that you get the high speed as you say and also I like to see your awsome speed :p;).
And the last qustion do you chage your plan policy to home 500 and then you get this 4Mbps download speed.

ajaybc

Youngling
Yes, it could be. Because if your speed policy set to 4Mbps then you get this download speed. Speed policy and the plan policy is not same, they need to manualy put during the account creation or if any person change his/her policy then need to change the policy manually.Just put a screenshot taken from www.speedtest.net then all memember understand that you get the high speed as you say and also I like to see your awsome speed :p;).
And the last qustion do you chage your plan policy to home 500 and then you get this 4Mbps download speed.

One question..Is there any way to change my speed policy to..um...8MBps?:D