is rapidshare slow today since 10am?

i'm getting only 30-40KBps
but got 150+KBps at around 9am

speed test (while d/lin thru rs:)))
*www.speedtest.net/result/238291351.png

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

@gagandeep - The modem lights keep blinking like they normally do, the sites stop opening..

prashant9918

Broken In

still its not working and my portal id is contain just 6 digits nothing more

nandmkumar

Right off the assembly line

I have a Dataone BSNL Broadband connection under Home 500 plan which enables the customer to enjoy free unaccounted internet between 02.00 and 08.00 hours. The present system to enable the customer to check his/her usage particulars is quite inadequate. Quite often the site is down and the customer cannot enter the site using the user namd and password allotted to the customer. If at all entered the usage data provided in the spreadsheet is incomplete and unupdated. Earlier, before the change introduced since january 2008, the customer could get the net usage particulars (i.e, the actual GB used after deducting the usage during FREE hours). Now the customer has to spend time with a calculator and calculate the the actual usage after deducting the free hour usage. The BSNL should be more customer-friendly in these matters

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP

All the new Dataone users (with ip 117.x.x.x) will NOT be able to use the old bsnl site/software like dataone usage finder/datafox etc.

For checking usage you gotta login to *p3hosting.bsnl.in:9080/BroadBandCustomerPortal/ and enter your portal id and the password. PORTAL ID is a 14digit id issues for you for port binding (meaning your connection is bound to your number and nobody else can use it). This is NOT the same as your loginid/username. If you don't haf this get it from BSNL. Use the login password in the password. After loggin in you can change your login and email a/c password, view usage, view plan details etc.

The blank page appears for 2 reasons:
1) you a/c on the usage site is not activated (usually takes under a week)
2) you've entered a wrong portal. (confirm your portal and also ensure that its 14 digits.)

At the moment none of those usage finders will work. You gotta login to that site.

@VG
192.168.1.1 is the IP address of your router (modem in layman's term). You can change its settings there - like changing from pppoe to bridge mode, DNS etc.

Also, the speed you are getting corresponds to 2mbps. If you've got this plan then its fine.

Thanks buddy. I have already gotten my Portal ID and whenever I try it, it displays a blank page. I have tried in both IE and Firefox. I think I should wait for a few days and may be it starts working? atm I have no way to check my usage and to change my password. :|

PS: Does bsnl.in forwarding feature work? I have set it to forward mails to my hotmail address but its not forwarding them. Is it a known issue?

Last edited:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP

^^ Strange. It was not opening recently. It kept loading and then time out. But now its opening and showing following menus:

My Profile
My Orders
View Usage
Change Password
Sign Out

But "View Usage" and "Change Password" are giving errors "Error 500". May be it'll start working soon. :)

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP

Guys

There is a strange thing! As you know I got the connection on Thursday (4 days back). Since then the connection used to show "1.0 Gbps" as connection speed. But surprisingly its showing "100.0 Mbps" now:

*img405.imageshack.us/img405/1793/bbqv6.jpg

Can anyone tell me why is it happening suddenly? I didnt change any setting.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ That may have been an error by your LAN card in interpreting your speed.

Anyways, your modem is 10/100 mbps complaint, so your connection with the modem can't be 1gbps.

Also, there is nothing to worry about this. This is the connection speed of your computer with the modem.........

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP

^^ Oh. Thanks buddy. Do you have any idea about forwarding @bsnl.in account mails? I have set it to forward mails to my Hotmail account but it doesnt.

janitha

Wise Old Owl

Guys

There is a strange thing! As you know I got the connection on Thursday (4 days back). Since then the connection used to show "1.0 Gbps" as connection speed. But surprisingly its showing "100.0 Mbps" now:

I have been using dataone for the past 2.5 years and the speed is 100 Mbps though it has also been shown as 1 Gbps, but very rarely.

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^@vishal: How did you get that compression and error things in network properties window?

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH

Guys

bro there is no lan error some time window detect like that .When i connect two pc and having 1Gbps ethernet its also show the same thing

din

Tribal Boy

@Indranil92001

Vishal is a very senior member here who helps others a lot. None of his posts are useless / un-necessary / off-topic. His query in this thread is sure related to his internet connection and not just his LAN card and I didn't find anything wrong in that.

The thread is meant for Dataone and all problems directly or indirectly related to it.

Please be polite at least to persons like Vishal coz we all respect him very much and we all know he will not do anything wrong in this forum.

Last edited:

nvidia

-----ATi-----

Some mod ban that Indranil92001 guy. How can he speak like that to a senior member like VG here in our forum:mad:

janitha

Wise Old Owl

It seems he is a self appointed moderator. Mods may look into the issue.

Top Bottom