** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

Guys

I'm getting 230 KBps download speed in my Home 1000 plan. Is it good?
Also how to check the data usage? I have checked following URL which was mentioned in a post here:

*p3hosting.bsnl.in:9080/BroadBandCustomerPortal/

But when I enter the portal ID and password, a blank page opens. Nothing happens after that. Is there any other URl?

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^^ Try this: *bbservice.bsnl.in/
Also this new portal is totally rubbish. The old one was a lot better.......
Many users have faced the problem which you are facing.

And yes 230KB/s is damn good. The maximum you can expect is 256KB/s but you can't get this because you are probably not near to the exchange.....

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP

^^ Thanks buddy. I have tried all following links mentioned in this thread but none of them working:

*bbservice.bsnl.in/
*10.240.128.195/webLogin.jsp
*10.240.43.216/webLogin.jsp
*10.249.89.199/weblogin.jsp
*10.240.0.195/

Also whats the use of following link?

*192.168.1.1/

There is a link to change password. Which password is this? Our dataone login password ? I'm totally out of clue.

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^The default user name and password for 192.168.1.1 is admin AFAIK.

If you are a firefox user, then to see usage, install this add-on -
*www.thegoan.com/datafox/

You can also check your usage from
www.dataone.in and there click on the "Dataone Account administration" link and you will be redirected to some other page. You can check your usage from there:)

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^ Thanks buddy. I have tried all following links mentioned in this thread but none of them working:

*bbservice.bsnl.in/
*10.240.128.195/webLogin.jsp
*10.240.43.216/webLogin.jsp
*10.249.89.199/weblogin.jsp
*10.240.0.195/
The *10.24x.x.x are not going to work for you as they are for the old DataOne users who have the 59.x.x.x IP range. You are a new customer, so you are going to get IPs from this range 117.x.x.x. Wait for the next month to start. Your panel may start working from may.

I don't know how to change the password in the new portal because I haven't accessed it and I even can't.

Also whats the use of following link?

*192.168.1.1/

There is a link to change password. Which password is this? Our dataone login password ? I'm totally out of clue.
*192.168.1.1/ is the page for your Router preferences. It is used to configure your router, check your ADSL line status, change DNS servers etc.
From this page you can only change the password for accessing the router.

The default username & password for accessing your Modem CP are admin and password respectively.

You can't change the Broadband password from here. It can only be changed from the Portal, if it can be. Changing the password is very easy in the old portal.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP

^^ Thanks a lot buddy. I think I should wait for a few hours/days to access the portal. atm even "data.bsnl.in" is not working.

nvidia

-----ATi-----

^^I dont think you need to wait for a few days. If you are using it for the first time, then check the usage next time when you come ol. BSNL usage is not updated immediately. Its updated once a session ends.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member

^^I dont think you need to wait for a few days. If you are using it for the first time, then check the usage next time when you come ol. BSNL usage is not updated immediately. Its updated once a session ends.
This can also be true. But I've told you to wait for few days because I've assumed that your Usage isn't updating in any way, even after disconnecting. This had happened with me with the old portal when I had got the connection in March 2005 :D.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

^^ Thanks a lot buddy. I think I should wait for a few hours/days to access the portal. atm even "data.bsnl.in" is not working.

few hours/days???

i've been waiting like that since 1st week of January:p

nothing works, not even that Data1 usuage finder s/w.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

:?

you too know how good the BSNL's custmer care is.

they say the same, it'll take time to activate your account (@ b'lore HQ).

i dont kno why i asked them about LimeWire :cry: (it doesnt connect, evn proxy fails). they thought it as lan/ethernet cable.

din

Tribal Boy

@Vishal Gupta and all new Dataone customers

From my experience - may be lil strange !

I could not access the data usage link (yes, I also tried all links listed) for the first 1-2 weeks when I got the connection. After that the links started working but only in a tata indicom connection (yes even more strange lol). Finally after 3 weeks or so, everything became ok and I can check the usage now.

I guess they need to setup something in server, so in my opinion do not worry, it may take some days, but I think it wil be alright after few days.

nvidia

-----ATi-----

:?

you too know how good the BSNL's custmer care is.

they say the same, it'll take time to activate your account (@ b'lore HQ).
BSNL CC sux i agree... When i got the connection, they gave it to me without updating the user name and password for my account... After making a million calls, they updated it finally after 15 days:|:|:|

i dont kno why i asked them about LimeWire :cry: (it doesnt connect, evn proxy fails). they thought it as lan/ethernet cable.
*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/24.gif*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/24.gif*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/24.gif*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/24.gif*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/24.gif:lol:

offtopic: Are you from B'lore?

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ

Wierd Internet Connection Problem

i've to do this everytime after restarting modem to browse.

*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/1-20080222075402.jpg *s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/2-20080222075402.jpg *s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/3-20080222075403.jpg

*s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/4-20080222075404.jpg *s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/5-20080222075404.jpg

i'm on Vista, experiencing this problem since two days.
no s/w installed/un-installed since weeks.

Chirag

Cyborg Agent

Me on 900 UL. My connection stops in between. No error nothingg it jst stops working. Even switching on/off doesn't work. After some time it again starts working. WTF WTF!!

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member

Me on 900 UL. My connection stops in between. No error nothingg it jst stops working. Even switching on/off doesn't work. After some time it again starts working. WTF WTF!!
The MODEM gets disconnected or you're not able to open websites while still being connected??

ramsingh

Journeyman

i hav landline + dataone connectn from BSNL.. i might be tranfered from Pune 2 mumbai.. i dont want 2 diconnect d line.. can i transfer d landline + dataone connecnt 2 my frnd.. that is insted of me being d owner .. my frnd will then be d owner ... is this possible?? how??

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

All the new Dataone users (with ip 117.x.x.x) will NOT be able to use the old bsnl site/software like dataone usage finder/datafox etc.

For checking usage you gotta login to *p3hosting.bsnl.in:9080/BroadBandCustomerPortal/ and enter your portal id and the password. PORTAL ID is a 14digit id issues for you for port binding (meaning your connection is bound to your number and nobody else can use it). This is NOT the same as your loginid/username. If you don't haf this get it from BSNL. Use the login password in the password. After loggin in you can change your login and email a/c password, view usage, view plan details etc.

The blank page appears for 2 reasons:
1) you a/c on the usage site is not activated (usually takes under a week)
2) you've entered a wrong portal. (confirm your portal and also ensure that its 14 digits.)

At the moment none of those usage finders will work. You gotta login to that site.

@VG
192.168.1.1 is the IP address of your router (modem in layman's term). You can change its settings there - like changing from pppoe to bridge mode, DNS etc.

Also, the speed you are getting corresponds to 2mbps. If you've got this plan then its fine.

Top Bottom