** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Ping has gone down to 116ms. Now that is more like it. No wonder I had a wonderful session of crysis 3 multiplayer for over 2 hours :D

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
PLAN: 500COMBO night UL

my ping is around 250ms... i get whupped in the ass while playing online games.
asked the enggs at the office, but they said they cannot do anything to lower it.

What do i do??

icebags

Technomancer
^^ u r lucky if u get <250ms on regular basis. most ppl get ~300ms or more.

find out what sorts of roles/games work best at ur pings and enjoy them.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
now that you mention it, its around 300ms.

and i play(ed) cs1.6 online. but got owned due to the ping.

tried playing borderlands2. got Owned. :pullhair:

didnt even try going for bf3 or mw3.

icebags

Technomancer
try nearby servers ..... if there is any in india or south east asia. they should have better pings ~200ms or less.
avoid close range fights, if the ping is high. also check ping from command prompt ..... type something like "ping yahoo.com -t" and watch for some time, if u see packet loss/ response time outs then it means line has problem. in these cases, try playing other time. if it doesn't improve at all, call telephone exchange.

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
I disconnected our BSNL connection after 7 years :( from last 3 months it was completely dead and even after lodging complaints many times they didnt show up...And our phone was dead from 7 months .....what a customer service

We live just half km from the exchange in Nagpur city ....grrr :(

pratyush997

Inactive
^^ I'm facing same issues... But in my case the "DSL" Disconnects every 5 Mins... and downloads / MP Gaming Screws.. :( BTW it's dead since 5 Days.. What Should I do... I got 850 UL

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
you should bribe the lineman(~Rs.200 should be enough).remember to talk politely offering him some tea/chai-paani & once he became familiar with you say goodbye to almost all bsnl problems.:)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
just paying money is not enough.you need to talk in a manner that makes him understand your worth.if it may not be possible for you then ask for help from someone else(preferably a person in mid 20's to 30's doing some govt job can be a friend,cousin,relative etc)to talk on your behalf.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Bayimg.com blocked by orders of Department of Telecom on BSNL broadband network in India as of 13 September 2012

File:Bayimg.com blocked by orders of Department of Telecom on BSNL broadband network.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Bayimg.com blocked by orders of Department of Telecom on BSNL broadband network in India as of 13 September 2012

File:Bayimg.com blocked by orders of Department of Telecom on BSNL broadband network.png - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can open the site without troble :/
*i.imgur.com/Uot9y.jpg

I am using Google DNS though. So it's probably DNS level block.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
If Google DNS doesn't help or you don't want to change, download Opera Browser then enable turbo mode and enjoy unrestricted viewing

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
the upstream and downstream SNRs on my line.. any problems with these?

Internet Connection
DSL--------------------------------- Status true
Last Failed--------------------------0x00000039
Downstream Data Rate------------6545200
Upstream Data Rate---------------371600
SNR (Downstream)----------------6.5 dB
SNR (Upstream)-------------------0.5 dB

Line Attentuation(Downstream)---20.5 dB
Line Attentuation(Upstream)------ 44.5 dB
Connected Standard--------- ADSL2+

okay.. these are WAY down from recommended limits. How to rectify??

HELP!!!!

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
This should help you guys :

What is signal-to-noise ratio (S/N or SNR)? - Definition from WhatIs.com

What is attenuation? - Definition from WhatIs.com

Top Bottom