** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

SINCE92

Right off the assembly line
plz help!

I am on bsnl limited plan (BBG COMBO 600) which gives me 2.5GB of data every month. I need to ask is this 2.5 GB GIVEN at the start of every month i.e the 1st of every month or the date when my broadband was connected i.e the 16th...plz reply as i have to manage my data usage!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
data limit start from every month but it is calculated on a per day basis if you change/disconnect/start your plan in the middle of the month.e.g.2.5gb=2.5*1024=2560mb.now suppose you got your connection on 16th jan so that means for that month data limit per day is (2560/31)=82.6mb per day.you got your connection on 16th so no.of days for your active connection in jan=(31-16)=15 days so you will get 15*82.6=1239mb for 15 days of jan.of course if your plan runs normally for whole month(you don't change/disconnect plan) then only total data limit matters & not each day usage.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
BSNL line went dead thanks to some underground pipe laying operations. Will get it disconnected it by the end of this month.

Got a Vodafone 3G connection as a replacement. Finally leaving BSNL after above a decade of service.

pratyush997

Inactive
BSNL line went dead thanks to some underground pipe laying operations. Will get it disconnected it by the end of this month.

Got a Vodafone 3G connection as a replacement. Finally leaving BSNL after above a decade of service.
CONGO!
I'm still stuck with BSNL as it's only option here :(

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
nothing you can do.ping times are always bad on bsnl network but currently because of some issues the situation is even worse.wait for some time though no idea when it will be corrected.

paroh

Padawan
many site are not opening on bsnl broadband even site open it takes hrs to load any body having this problem

like yahoomail.com

sujeet2555

In the zone
you have made under sea cable cut ,a type of virus .if pc has any fault blame it on a virus. if net has some issues blame it cable cut.i don't see any problem while opening yahoo or any other site .

Tanish

Broken In
Friends... i am using bsnl broadband for about 2 years... was getting abt 100-150 ping on singapore servers (even 350 sometimes...) ...about 250 on eu... till that so called cyber attack... now its jumping to about 600 on singapore servers and 400 on eu servers... i Resetted my modem to factory setting (td-w8151n)....Bt now the conditions seems to b more worse.... plz help me.. and post a screenshot of ur net configuration... thanx...

Vignesh B

Youngling
Friends... i am using bsnl broadband for about 2 years... was getting abt 100-150 ping on singapore servers (even 350 sometimes...) ...about 250 on eu... till that so called cyber attack... now its jumping to about 600 on singapore servers and 400 on eu servers... i Resetted my modem to factory setting (td-w8151n)....Bt now the conditions seems to b more worse.... plz help me.. and post a screenshot of ur net configuration... thanx...
As far as I think, it is a problem from there side. There is nothing much that you can do.
Anyway post your snr and line attenuation values.

icebags

Technomancer

same happened to me. it's a problem at bsnl side and they are least concerned about it.

hey friends I m from Punjab , Is there any plan /ISP which provides us with no FUP and unlimited Downloads at reasonable speeds ? right now I m using airtel broadband with 2mbps speed for 6gb and the plan revises . and it sux to see download speed of30-40 kbps. Plan is of 850 Rs. Earlier I was content with the same as there was no FUP thing !! Cant we turn this FUP thing off by some crack or something ? If not , whats the best ISP if u guys can suggest ? Its best to get happy hours downloading in any , but the thing is I have to do Skype and see some youtube vids . ANy suggestion ???? I will be content with something that offers 2 or 3 gb of high speed Net , even with FUP but HAPPY HOURS during night is a must thing ! plz suggest me one in my region !!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
hack your account on the ISP's server ;-) .. but seriously you need to create a new thread .. this thread is not the right place.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
@niraj No you can't. FUP is there for a reason. Previously they had technical problems implementing it but now it's apparently fixed.

Anyways this is a BSNL BB thread; make a new thread for your Airtel query.

@niraj No you can't. FUP is there for a reason. Previously they had technical problems implementing it but now it's apparently fixed.

Anyways this is a BSNL BB thread; make a new thread for your Airtel query.
i still can see many posts regarding hacking BSNL hack FUP stuff on google.. there must be a way out ") ;) Right now i m using BSNL .. dumped airtel few days back and beleive me i m having horrible time with bsnl... Internet trips so much !!! when they came ,.. they used my airtel wiring to set up the connection !! Tho the main question rests here " how to get rid of this FUP thing ! "

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
there is no way out.unless you have an inside contact at airtel/bsnl broadband working in technical section & is willing to risk his job forget about it.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
My modem is taking long time to get net connection . And the connected standard is G.dmt nowadays ; previously it was ADSL2+Auto . Does this mean cable noise ?

Local SNR Margin:27.5 dB
Remote SNR Margin:13.0 dB

Top Bottom