** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

praka123

left this forum longback
lol!who will believe that! :p

...and:

get 15 minutes more free download time on NU plan after 8:00 AM ?(dont try!)
see:
*broadbandforum.in/bsnl-broadband/27428-how-download-free-after-08-00am-nu-plans/

Last edited:

dr_jimit

Journeyman
Hello friends,
sorry for delay and broken images.

my modem MT841 was set to ADSL2+ mode and i got the first speed in bandwidth - down-3500kbps

then i tried G.Dmt mode and restarted modem [save all]
then it started showing up/down 512/7999 kbps !!!
speed is also increased in speedtest.net as in my results above.

[I m in H500c, portal also shows it ]

My modem page screenshot ,captured by IE7Pro [ ie7pro Rocks!!]
*img293.imageshack.us/img293/4649/huaweimt841ht6.th.jpg
Thanks gagandeep 4 link.

*img293.imageshack.us/img293/433/mt841changeadslsettingsuo0.th.jpg

Thanks to ImageShack for Free Image Hosting

Last edited:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
You are getting 25Mbps download speed.BSNL dont have this plan policy maxium 10Mbps, but this 10MBps for test only and it's for the server testing. There is no Speed policy set with this 10Mbps and so forget about 25Mbps. And your screenshot show that you leave out of India, and your screenshot is not complete,It's dose not show ISP NIB ( National Internet Backbon ) and the image link you provide it's not from speedtest, your IP 59.94 it's dosenot proof anything.

Your IP range 59.94.131.* thats mean you leave in the area JALANDHAR ( Punjab ) or Ludhiana but your screenshot shows you are not from this area you are from outside INDIA.
Make a speedtest completly and provide a link direct from speedtest like below , not from imageshack or what ever elce
*www.speedtest.net/result/269647876.png

oh my god u r such big one man really click the image for larger view then check the ip the ip is 59.94.131.255 now trace again man u gr8

Indranil92001

Journeyman
Hello friends,
sorry for delay and broken images.

my modem MT841 was set to ADSL2+ mode and i got the first speed in bandwidth - down-3500kbps

First of all congrats to you that you get good speed :p

This is happen because of the server of your state If cap the speed to 320KBps then you and all your friend from your area get this download speed while they have Plan Home 500 upto 2Mbps. But if only you get this download speed then this is clear your speed policy is not set correctly with Home 500 upto 2Mbps. You can ask your friend or neibhour if they have BSNL ISP what they get the download speed. Dont call the BSNL guy then they will maybe kill your good download speed ;-)

Vivek788

In the zone
guys i have a problem.
I recently changed to bridged mode for scheduling purpose.Now the link dies and reconnects every 3 minutes(exactly 3 minutes).It has become very difficult to download anything....torrents or direct downloads.
What do I do...?I called all numbers I had in my hand which related to Dataone,no response..btw it was saturday morning.
I had this link dying problem with pppoe as well...but then if torrents were running...everything went smoothly..now even that isn't helping...during the initial days of bridged mode,these issues weren't there...I got complete connectivity..this is over the last one week...

Indranil92001

Journeyman
guys i have a problem.
I recently changed to bridged mode for scheduling purpose.Now the link dies and reconnects every 3 minutes(exactly 3 minutes).It has become very difficult to download anything....torrents or direct downloads.
What do I do...?I called all numbers I had in my hand which related to Dataone,no response..btw it was saturday morning.
I had this link dying problem with pppoe as well...but then if torrents were running...everything went smoothly..now even that isn't helping...during the initial days of bridged mode,these issues weren't there...I got complete connectivity..this is over the last one week...

Try with Sygate Office Network, configure your PPPoE with it. The advantage is that if your PPPoE disconnect then automatically connect within 5 second. Download link is below.
*www.bumpersoft.com/Internet/Miscellaneous_Tools_and_Utilities/Review_2114_index.htm

upendra_gp

In the zone
*www.imgx.org/pthumbs/small/7693/DATAONE.jpg
please check that image and tell me if I have any problems with my line.
why am i having so much attenuation?

Last edited:

dheeraj_kumar

Legen-wait for it-dary!
oh my god u r such big one man really click the image for larger view then check the ip the ip is 59.94.131.255 now trace again man u gr8

This is just normal 2 mbps connection... however, fooling people with the private high-speed connection was a BAD idea. As I said earlier, PHAILS.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
how do i use dataone on hardy heron???? I have downloaded the dialer from bsnl unzipped it....what next
Haha, there is no need of it.

1) Using bridge mode
Open Terminal(Application>Accessories) and enter "sudo pppoeconf".
then follow simple on screen commands.
eg.
Code:
gaurish@Moody-Machine:~$ sudo pppoeconf

2) using Always on PPPoE mode, userid & pass set in modem/router
System>administration>Network>static Ip
IP: 192.168.1.100
subnet: 255.255.255.0
Default Gatway: 192.168.1.1

in both cases Please add DNS to /etc/resolv.conf

paste this into terminal --> sudo gedit /etc/resolv.conf
then a text editor will open.
enter the following values
Code:

Done, if everything goes alright you are connected;)

Else post with is details about what method you followed.
and output of

ifconfig
route
cat /etc/resolv.conf

leftalone

Right off the assembly line
I get the same problem wen I stumble using the stumble toolbar.It first says the page cannot be displayed and wen refreshing it dislays properly.
For normal browsing no problem.Only for stumble this problem is there

@cool.josh too....

Try OpenDNS.
It may help.
*www.opendns.com

This is indicating you have DNS problem. Because torrent dose not need Http address for downloading ( Torrent Client need Http only for the announcing. The announcing ( Updating ) need for the Private Traker but this is not related to the downloading )

This is clearly indicating you have DNS problem on your system. This problem from your LanCard.This time torrent is not working because when the torrent client reach it's Traker Update time or when you start your torrent client then the torrent Client need Http for announcing but it's cant do this because of the problem from DNS. But at this time you can browse your ADSL Modem configaration webpage because you use the IP address like 192.168.1.1 or 100.

I dont see your PC, so this is the problem for me to giving correct advice to you. But you can try with below.

1. If you have antivirus with firewall then cheak the settings or uninstall it. Some time antivirus name nood32 giving this type of problem.

2. Try to use connect PPPoE from your desktop. It's better to use direct from your Desktop. Then you dont need to put the Ip address and the DNS address on your ADSL modem. To use PPPoE from your desktop set your ADSL modem in Bridge Mode and install the PPPoE in your PC. You can fiend the PPPoE software on your CD which is provided by BSNL or if you have windows XP then you have PPPoE build on your OS you need to just install it.

3. Then last things is to fromat your HDD and reinstall your OS and try.

I can tell you this problem from your LanCard or your antivireus with FireWall.

Try to connect PPPoE from your DeskTop.

If the WAN Led is good and dont goes off then your Line is OK.

Thanks for the help. But, stay on!!!. Let me try those.
I'm gonna check my line again. Then, I'm gonna check it on another computer.

And if i'm having DNS problems, how am i able to access all the sites????

Thanks for the reply...Please stay on the line..I will post soon within a couple of days......

Last edited:

neelu09

Broken In
Haha, there is no need of it.

1) Using bridge mode
Open Terminal(Application>Accessories) and enter "sudo pppoeconf".
then follow simple on screen commands.
eg.
Code:
gaurish@Moody-Machine:~$ sudo pppoeconf
2) using Always on PPPoE mode, userid & pass set in modem/router
System>administration>Network>static Ip

in both cases Please add DNS to /etc/resolv.conf

paste this into terminal --> sudo gedit /etc/resolv.conf
then a text editor will open.
enter the following values
Code:
Done, if everything goes alright you are connected;)

Else post with is details about what method you followed.
and output of

thnx...it's working now but the speed seems to be lesser than in windows.

datafox is not working for me...i have tried every domain but none seems to work for me.......i have a IP range of 117.x.x.x so from earlier posts i figured out i am on NIB2 so wats the doamin for it......
and why does the site *www.showipaddress.com/ shows my country as france.....looks much like india to me...

Last edited:

nix

hi guys...finally got broad band connection from bsnl. i have got a type 1 modem. thing is, i have a laptop and a wireless router (linksys) and would like to configure that wireless router so i can use wireless internet. can anyone tell me the steps to configure the router because i do not want to mess up and stay disconnected from the net....

Top Bottom