** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Actually BSNL uses word download, but the right word to be used is
Bandwidth
which means The amount of data that can be passed along a communications channel in a given period of time.

I think the word download is wrong and it should be replaced with bandwidth which counts uploads+downloads+browsing+any activity that answers data over internet.

cool.josh

Right off the assembly line
Bandwidth
which means The amount of data that can be passed along a communications channel in a given period of time.

I think the word download is wrong and it should be replaced with bandwidth which counts uploads+downloads+browsing+any activity that answers data over internet.

But uploads shud not charged rite ?
does any other broadband service providers do this ? I dunno
I stay in hyderabad and I use hathway 512 kbps, which has plans of 3 months 4GB and night 11pm-9am unlimited, speed is simply awesome, they count only downloads but not any upload....what u say guys, did I get wrong ? I mean does every broad band service provider counts uploads also ? I am just asking...make me clear coz i already filled up the form to screw bsnl guys...and around 50 guys of ma classmates are ready to go n complaint on the consumer forums, we are going to complaint after a week , after our exams...so plzzz temme or else i will be screwd up ma dadddd

din

Tribal Boy
@cool.josh

As far as I know every BB provider (and the high-speed internet guys, I mean 115 kpbs, data cards, usb modems etc) calculate the bandwidth and NOT just the download or just the upload. Usually they calculate the total usage and not seperate.

gary4gar is 100% correct. The word may be wrong, but they all do the same. I mean total usage = upload plus download plus browing plus all activities.

supershiva

do we need to pay extra bucks even for visiting a site on Dataone?
Do we need to pay extra for warching a video even? if it is then
watching a video or downloading it costs the same?

link removed, No advertising

Last edited by a moderator:

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

Repeated question,
Please read the post above your post

Indranil92001

Journeyman
But uploads shud not charged rite ?
does any other broadband service providers do this ? I dunno
I stay in hyderabad and I use hathway 512 kbps, which has plans of 3 months 4GB and night 11pm-9am unlimited, speed is simply awesome, they count only downloads but not any upload....what u say guys, did I get wrong ? I mean does every broad band service provider counts uploads also ? I am just asking...make me clear coz i already filled up the form to screw bsnl guys...and around 50 guys of ma classmates are ready to go n complaint on the consumer forums, we are going to complaint after a week , after our exams...so plzzz temme or else i will be screwd up ma dadddd

What you are saying this is true that some ISP dont count Upload data, But I dont know which Indian ISP providing this feature, I heard from my friend who leave in USA told me that their ISP providind Unlimetd Upload but Count the Download data if your Plan is under $10, so they count the download data, but all their Plan is Unlimetd Download + Upload and this UL Plan is above $10.

In BSNL form ( I dont remember whether it was form or somthing else but I read this when I was going to register with BSNL ISP ) I saw there was saying the extar charge will count upon Downlod + Upload. So they saying this before the user's registration. So this is not their Fault.

Last edited:

Dear friend. why dnt most of the ppl know that everything on Internet is Bits, Bytes , KBs, MBs and GBs.
Theres no differentiation if u browse, or watch a video, or listen to a song..
everything is data transfer, and considered to be same.

Bandwidth

This is for U and Cool.Josh who is all set to go into a legal battle with BSNL without having proper information..
Just look at the image and see what it says..

Download/Upload limit per month..
Get ur facts right first cool.josh...

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
This is for U and Cool.Josh who is all set to go into a legal battle with BSNL without having proper information..

huh..For me!

I am not goning into any legal battle, all i suggested to BSNL that.

They should Use Word Bandwidth in place of "Download/Upload"

This would reduce a lot of confusion. Most people think we are only charged when they Download.
Internet Browsing is free. As customer service does not explain anything

huh..For me!

I am not goning into any legal battle, all i suggested to BSNL that.

They should Use Word Bandwidth in place of "Download/Upload"

This would reduce a lot of confusion. Most people think we are only charged when they Download.
Internet Browsing is free. As customer service does not explain anything
I didnt say u r going to legal battle, that was for Cool.Josh :D:D:D.
For u, only that image..it clearly says Download/Upload Limit.And a Limit is afterall a limit.If u cross it, u will have nightmares paying bills. aur yaar jinhe Download/Upload jaisa simple term samajh me nahi aata, unhe Bandwidth kaha se samajh me aayega.lol.
if still, ppl can not get it right, then what can we do..:D:D

pirates1323

In the zone
I am facing a strange problem ... After logging into my account ... after 10-20 minutes of surfing... the link and data light of my modem goes off... and internet gets disconnected ... I had to connect again ... sometimes lights gets off more than 3-4 times in 5 minutes ... is this any dns problem ? ... cuz the bsnl guy has setting my local area connection properties to automatically obtain ip and dns setting... i am using connection of IP 117.x.x.x type ...

lol... I got my problem fixed ... they changed the whole phone line with new line ... now no disconnections ...:)

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
I didnt say u r going to legal battle, that was for Cool.Josh :D:D:D.
For u, only that image..it clearly says Download/Upload Limit.And a Limit is afterall a limit.If u cross it, u will have nightmares paying bills. aur yaar jinhe Download/Upload jaisa simple term samajh me nahi aata, unhe Bandwidth kaha se samajh me aayega.lol.
if still, ppl can not get it right, then what can we do..:D:D

buddy, There is a Common perception That Download means when you download move file from internet. Most people think that surfing is not counted in downloads. People simple to not know what is upload

Additional, Bsnl babus here at exchange say,
"Sir, take this 250plan, it is Unlimited . however there is download limit of 1GB."

when i got the connection, two years back. i also though this way and ended up paying 1k for 250 rental plan. so i am saying this from my own personal experience. i have learned the hard way.

cool.josh

Dude lemme tell u one thing....
when mobile was introduced in india....
they used to charge....for incoming calls..
after the competetion increased and they got their asses down and they had cut off their prices so down that today cell phone is a part and parcel of a person's life.
For internet...
today competetion has increased and even computers have become the same...but not as cell phones
so its upto us to fight by giving petetions...not only bsnl but for everyone....
we take upload shud be given free and download shud be charged...
u dunno how these bastards drool with higher profits
in other countries there are packages with min of 5 mbps...where it costs of a very less value
so its upto us
why cant we fight
its our own money man ?
if many of us go and complaint...definitely bsnl guys wont react
then there may come another efficient broadband service provider whose gonna do what we want...seeing them these guys will change...
I dunno how virgin mobile is gonna change the present competetion..coz it is giving 10p for incoming for us..so why cant we revolutionise for broadband..why cant we keep up an online petetion seeking some bloody media help ?
things work man..at first what i thought was
but when i had sent an email to PC WORLD EXPERT ADITYA NAG...
i got a positive reply from him to lay a petetion
so its upto u...rite now i am not going to post a petetion...
coz i need more support
than taking an unlimited package..why cant we fight and cut the uploads and make price go lesser....
*www.picoodle.com/view.php?img=/4/4/19/f_bsnlm_b80b705.jpg&srv=img33

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
after the competetion increased and they got their asses down and they had cut off their prices so down that today cell phone is a part and parcel of a person's life.
For internet...
today competetion has increased and even computers have become the same...but not as cell phones
so its upto us to fight by giving petetions...not only bsnl but for everyone....
in other countries there are packages with min of 5 mbps...where it costs of a very less value
so its upto us
why cant we fight
its our own money man ?
then there may come another efficient broadband service provider whose gonna do what we want...seeing them these guys will change...
I dunno how virgin mobile is gonna change the present competetion..coz it is giving 10p for incoming for us..so why cant we revolutionise for broadband..why cant we keep up an online petetion seeking some bloody media help ?
coz i need more support
than taking an unlimited package..why cant we fight and cut the uploads and make price go lesser....
why you want to cut uploads?

I think you should focus on getting Reduction in overall tariff.

Buddy, there is lot more difference between Mobile & broadband

For internet...
so its upto us
why cant we fight
its our own money man ?
coz i need more support

Your call,
anyways u r going to loose the case.
coz courts do not run on emotions or ethics..
and u shud never compare India with other countries.
and also as ppl have said, mobile is way different from broadband.
dont start judging everything on same criterion.
Frankly speaking they shud be giving 1 or 2Mbps for arnd 500-1000 per month,in sync with international ISPs . But that is nt the case. India is a diff country , so diff parameters.

ajaybc

Youngling
For internet...
so its upto us
why cant we fight
its our own money man ?
coz i need more support

Great English:DAnd also when I saw the post at first I thought it was a poem:Dwith all verses and paragraphs and similies and stuff.Are u MA English...haha just joking:D

devilz666

Broken In
For internet...
so its upto us
why cant we fight
its our own money man ?
coz i need more support

LOL, that guy said that you may send petition to BSNL and not to sue BSNL

It' wld have made sense if BSNL hasn't mentioned upload/download thing in tariff plans. You were just being ignorant when you firstly got the connection and now that you have screwed up your bill you think thaqt blaming BSNL will do the trick

And yeah other BBand providers too count upload for the limit upload+ download = bandwidth.

If you go to court then you'll do nothing but end up making fool of yourself

maddy_in65

Journeyman
Guys, I have a strange problem, i am able to see my data usage page in vista but i am not able to see it in ubuntu, i have deleted cookies, all other files frm firefox, however when i open the dataone usage page, it just shows page loading. I have only saved UN and pass for this page.:mad:

Top Bottom