** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

praka123

left this forum longback
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

for me i am using G.dmt and earlier used T1.413 both gave good speeds.
dont look at the upstream/downstream limit that is shown in modem admin page.instead look at SNR(higher is better) and line Attenuation values(lower the better) .BTW am using a huewai MT880 with updated firmware.
Upstream:
ADSL Link Speed

512 Kbps
downstream:
ADSL Link Speed

2048 Kbps
and the speeds depends upon the core server from where adsl is connected to local exchanges.for me cochin server does it pretty well.

V

vaibhavtek

One info:-
on 25/11/07 bsnl broadband service will not be available from 02 hrs to 04 hrs.
that means 2 AM to 4 AM.

for kolkata

Last edited by a moderator:

praka123

left this forum longback

^it is for ur area core server only! :D it depends.

dkalze

Right off the assembly line
hi can i use my friend's happy hours for downloads..??

......i have a 250 plan n my frnd have a 500 plan.....is there any way i can use my friends ip,username and password n download from his account...:confused:

....these ppl r giving a special offer for bsnl employees ( my fathers in bsnl )...giving 250 plan for 100......but no such offer on 500 or 700 plan :cry:.....help me with tat if u any other plan...plz

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
Re: hi can i use my friend's happy hours for downloads..??

dkalze said:

......i have a 250 plan n my frnd have a 500 plan.....is there any way i can use my friends ip,username and password n download from his account...:confused:

....these ppl r giving a special offer for bsnl employees ( my fathers in bsnl )...giving 250 plan for 100......but no such offer on 500 or 700 plan :cry:.....help me with tat if u any other plan...plz
No you cannot use other's username and password on your line.BSNL has done port binding.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member

dkalze said:

Where do you live??? In Gurgaon, Port Binding is still not done.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

gagandeep said:
I get 256kbps then. Even my modem says Upstream rate: 256 kbps. By the way you are on which plan???
HOME 500

dkalze

Right off the assembly line

gagandeep said:
Where do you live??? In Gurgaon, Port Binding is still not done.

i live in Hyderabad.............so there's no way it cant be done if port binding is done ?? :confused:

Ricky

Cyborg Agent

Now new crap from BSNL, I am facing line SNR problem from last 2 days and its fluctuating real fast, at times it is 27 and at other it is only 6 dB and mostly down SNR is disturbed.

I think its problem from Exchange because this much big fluctuation is not possible from line fault, something must be big ie. like exchange involvement etc.
Any idea ?

I will rebind wire on pole tomorrow to assure myself.

Harvik780

ToTheBeatOfUrHeart

Maybe your line has interference from another line.
There are least chances that the problem is from the exchange because then others would be facing the problem too.
If your line is new then it wasn't able to stabilize or maybe BSNL started a connection in a dead line for someone and that line is interfering with your line.

praka123

left this forum longback

guys...i read in bsnl orkut community that new dataone connections are alloted with static ip's!and someone there posted that due to account hacking etc from 2008 onwards they will change current dataone users too to static ip :oops: OMG!I dont want this to happen!!dynamic IP is better for me. :(
if they increase speed on 2008,thats good,still this static ip thing :( only pvt torrent tracker users will benefit i think. :-|

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member

Static IP will be good for those who want to host websites on their Home computers.

But for those who download files from Rapidshare, it will be an headache. They'll have to wait for 2 hours to download more if they have downloaded 100 mb. I personally don't want this Static IP. BSNL should give an option to the users for Dynamic IP or Static IP.

praka123

left this forum longback

privacy!privacy dude!that too matters.I know proxies are there,still :(

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?

@praka123:don't worry dude they can't make it compulsory for everybody to use static ip address.Static Ip means huge costs on their part.

praka123

left this forum longback

^if they want they can do!with IPTV and all launching they may enforce static ip :oops:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?

^^then I guess they will have to increase the costs too cos static ip is not cheap and they won't pay it from their pockets.

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member

I think they'll enforce Static IP only to IPTV customers.

Top Bottom