** Post all your BSNL Broadband Related Queries Here **

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
Re: **Post all your BSNL Dataone Related Queries Here**

the.kaushik said:
Today I got a call from BSNL that they are going to give my connection this week. Previously i thought i will tell them NO (because they took hell lot of time ) as using the Reliance WiMax.. but after a horrible experience with them i thought that lets try BSNL also.
But after a 5 month wait today they are telling they cant give me Type4 modem but only Type1 modem. They told they will change it after 15 days.. What should i do? Will they really change else it will be use less for me as i want WiFi!
you say two options

1) get a wifi adsl router from the market
2) get a modem from them & wait for them to give the wifi modem

Wannabe_a_techie said:
I finally got my Dataone connection....

but I came to know of it not from BSNL but from some guy from D-Link company! He offered to set-up the D-Link modem (cost quoted Rs. 1900) at my home.....I asked what about username/password from BSNL???

He replied that for testing the modem he will give a temporary username/password. Then he would give the number for BSNL which I should call and ask for my username/password.

He also dropped a hint that he was connected to BSNL in some way.

Sine I'm in a small town BSNL service is pathetic, and I know from friends that they don't supply the modem for broadband connections, so should I go for this D-link thing??
well BSNL never gives connections though any kind of agents, it directly gives out connections. it looks out a fraud to me. first check out with your exchange guys. for more info check
*bsnl.in/faq/faqans.php?paramCategory=BSNL Broadband
*bsnl.in/service/dataone.htm
*bsnl.in/service/dataone_tariff.htm

Last edited:

tushdante

Right off the assembly line
BSNL Night-time issues

I have been using bsnl night time free internet for the past two years to download stuff but recently i see that the speed reduces frm the usual 120-200kb/sec to just 4-5kb/sec. Its not always that bad but the same happened last night. I have recently installed a Netgear WGR614v7 router but i get really good speeds when i download stuff in the morning. Could this be a fault on BSNL side?

I have a HOME 1800:downloadspeed Upto 2 Mbps plan.

Indranil92001

Journeyman
Re: BSNL Night-time issues

tushdante said:
I have been using bsnl night time free internet for the past two years to download stuff but recently i see that the speed reduces frm the usual 120-200kb/sec to just 4-5kb/sec. Its not always that bad but the same happened last night. I have recently installed a Netgear WGR614v7 router but i get really good speeds when i download stuff in the morning. Could this be a fault on BSNL side?

I have a HOME 1800:downloadspeed Upto 2 Mbps plan.

This same things happen in Kolkata too. During night Free Uses the speed automatically down to 15 Kbps at 2AM, after 1 hour or 45 minutes its increase to 85Kbps. Recently I watch this things. Maybe the Bsnl operator reduce the speed at night 2AM and increase the speed after morning 8AM.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume

Indranil92001 said:
This same things happen in Kolkata too. During night Free Uses the speed automatically down to 15 Kbps at 2AM, after 1 hour or 45 minutes its increase to 85Kbps. Recently I watch this things. Maybe the Bsnl operator reduce the speed at night 2AM and increase the speed after morning 8AM.

lol.. that's because you are not the only one downloading in the night!! *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/21.gif

It's not the operators problem

Indranil92001

Journeyman

Cyrus_the_virus said:
lol.. that's because you are not the only one downloading in the night!! *gigasmilies.googlepages.com/21.gif

It's not the operators problem

I think you dont know how mutch total bandwith have the BSNL at Kolkta to serve the Internet at the whole city. They have 500Mbps bandwith at Kolkata server station. So there is no problem with the user to downlod at night unless the BSNL Operator decrease the download speed manually at night after 2AM.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume

Indranil92001 said:
I think you dont know how mutch total bandwith have the BSNL at Kolkta to serve the Internet at the whole city. They have 500Mbps bandwith at Kolkata server station. So there is no problem with the user to downlod at night unless the BSNL Operator decrease the download speed manually at night after 2AM.
I wasn't making fun of you mate, since you are new here, I'll tell you that I work with ISP's, so I know how all of this works out. It's not about how much bandwidth is available, it's about how many users are competing for the same bandwidth. I can assure you that there will be atleast 2500+ connection in kolkata alone that will be active trying to utilize the free period, with what you say is 500Mbps(don't know where you got that from), do the math yourself, and you'll know what the situation is.

gary4gar said:
well BSNL never gives connections though any kind of agents, it directly gives out connections. it looks out a fraud to me. first check out with your exchange guys.

Yes I checked with them.

They said because of the shortage of modems they have given the contract (locally) to the D-Link company. Assured me that it was all legit.

How is this modem and is the price (Rs 1900) right?

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com

Wannabe_a_techie said:
Yes I checked with them.

They said because of the shortage of modems they have given the contract (locally) to the D-Link company. Assured me that it was all legit.

How is this modem and is the price (Rs 1900) right?
nopes the prices is way too high, dlink router should come for 1450/-
this a mumbai price so add atmost 200 to it, other wise you can buy it online:)
it works out way to cheaper;)
*www.theitwares.com/routers/routers.htm

Indranil92001

Journeyman

@Cyrus_the_virus you working in ISP so you know the things very well ( If you working as a engineer ).So I dont need to explane you because I think you know this. Actually if the total band with is 500Mbps then only 100Mbps is use for the Net user , the dataone net user not for the Leased Line user.
When we connect to the net using user id and password each user id has set to a common service plan in the server. If I chose the service HOME 500 then My ID set in Home 500 plan. This each plan have set the upload and download limits. The Home user plan set upload and download limits 27kbps up and download 214 kbps ( in Kolkata ). So everyone in this plan get this speed when they are downloading. There is no problem if the all user downloading at the same time because total bandwith is 100Mbps until a authorized person make this 214 kbps to ****kbps. The person who working on it do understand what I try to say and why they slow down the download speed at night unlimited BSNL know this. I dont need to explane it here.

I dont post or reply but thats not mean I am new here. I only see what people saying and discussing.

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume

@Indranil, I'm having a hard time understanding what you said in the last post. However, the point is, BSNL doesn't decrease the download speed during the night, it's only the congestion that you see.

praka123

left this forum longback

^even BSNL Engineers explained the same to me(also asked me to stick with huawei mt880 modem,i donno why :confused: ).bw congestion that is.
there are chances that due to large no. of ports opened for new dataone connections via NIB-II recently,so may be that too add as a reason for slow speeds.

janitha

Wise Old Owl

gary4gar said:
nopes the prices is way too high, dlink router should come for 1450/-
this a mumbai price so add atmost 200 to it, other wise you can buy it online:)
it works out way to cheaper;)
*www.theitwares.com/routers/routers.htm

Also available from Prime (Dlink DSL-502T) for Rs.1450 + Rs.150 shipping.
*www.primeabgb.com/index.php?page=s...facturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=28

I am also having very slow speeds with Dataone at times every day for last one week.

Last edited:

din

Tribal Boy

@Cyrus_the_virus

Reliance started WiMax in selected cities months back. Bangalore is one of em. But I heard a lot of people are complaining it is not good. May be coz its in intial stages, but heard it goes down like 2 day full etc !

praka123

left this forum longback

everything which is supposed to be first launched in US or EU will be launched in India in future 8)

cool_techie_tvm

Ambassador of Buzz

Offtopic :
Am also using reliance adsl broadnet connection at home...man it really sucks and guess what, the dslam is the building next to my house and i hardly ever get the adsl link. Am using their modem as my backup for my Dataone connection. My advice...dont ever go for it, GPRS is a better option.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters

I really do not know what is happening to BSNL Broadband connection.
Prior to the disconnection on 07 Nov 2007 the connection speeds as indicated by the modem were 2048/512Kbps.The downstream SNR was a consistent 22db and the connection was always stable and consistent with a speed of around 1Mbps.
The BSNL Commercial officer erroneously disconnected my BB connection,when what I had asked him in writing clearly was that he withdraw the BSNL rented modem as I had purchased my own modem.
After I bombarded them and kicked a lot of dust the BB connection was restored on 14th Nov 2007.

What I noticed immediately was that the connection speeds now indicated was around 5500/500Kbps and the low downstream noise margin of 6db.

So I had presumed that BSNL while increasing the speeds to upto 8Mbps was adopting the Rate adaptive ADSL implementation where from the feedback of the line noise behaviour the DSLAM fixes the optimal speed trying to keep the line noise margin at the default level of 6db after about a 10 day training period.

Now after almost 12 days I am finding that the whole connection has gone for a toss.

For the last three days while at times I get a reasonable speed of 1 Mbps, sooner or later and more frequently the speed drops to an abysmal 100kbps or even lower.

While the noise margins in the earlier part of this 15 day period was varying between 3db and 10db ( most of the time 6db ), and the speeds were varying, PPPoE connectivity was seldom lost. The noise margin now dips frequently to 0db:mad: and frequently PPPoE connectivity is lost. I am now at a loss:confused: and have registered my complaint with the Customer Care.

The service associate at the other end as usual tried to pass on the buck on the "private modem" used and tried to advise me to take the modem configuration from the BSNL staff (?????? !!!!!!!!! I feel like crying or should I laugh:confused: )After I raised my voice and shouted hell on him and denigrated his technical competence in the choicest words (but parlimentary), he began to listen. When I finally dished out the noise margin figures. he was surprised and told that as per BSNL doctrine it should be above 12db and he will register the complaint.OOOps, I had a one hour dialogue with him.

@cyrus the virus, what is your technical comment on this? Is BSNL really adopting the rate adaptive technology only to mess it up or is it not?

At one stage I did believe they are going ahead with the rate adaptive ADSL implementation but now I am not sure.

Even before you advised someone here before, to wait for the stabilisation period, I had decided to wait but only the worse seems to have happened.:D

Cyrus_the_virus

Unmountable Boot Volume

Ponmayilal said:
@cyrus the virus, what is your technical comment on this? Is BSNL really adopting the rate adaptive technology only to mess it up or is it not?

At one stage I did believe they are going ahead with the rate adaptive ADSL implementation but now I am not sure.

Even before you advised someone here before, to wait for the stabilisation period, I had decided to wait but only the worse seems to have happened.:D
See, ponmyilal, this is what I told, it's not going to be the same way as you read which was implemented in the UK. So, I never really thought there would be a so called '10day' stabilization period, I knew they would play havoc with the line till someone like you have a go at them.

Well, technically speaking, yes it could be the modem at fault as well, as I mentioned before most modems do support AnnexureB which is 8Mbps however, some modem/routers do need to br updated with their latest firmware. We have had several clients facing such issues. So, I would first advise you to make sure that the problem is not at your end by any means, which is again the process of isolation. So, go to the website of your modem/router manufacturer and see if you can get the lates firmware/drivers for them.

(This step is not necessary if it's only a dropping PPoE)
Next, make sure the line from the point of entry into your house upto your modem is not going through several joints, is not passing near electrical wiring/equipment etc.

Next, write a letter to the SD(or who ever is the tops at your exchange) stating what you have done and that it proves that there is not fault at your end and that if BSNL doesn't fix the issue within 72hrs(as prescribed by DoT) that you will file a case against BSNL and take the SD to the consumer court!

Next, just wait and watch as the magic happens. :D

appu

Knowledge Nomad

I have a problem
i am not been able to access the main dataone page to check my usage at all.
are anyone else too facing this problem

Top Bottom