PC Buying Guide - March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cilus

laborare est orare
kumarmanish, it is not like benifit over HD 6870 CF. It depends upon the personal choice. A lot of people want to enable PhysX with their gaming and with AMD GPU it is not possible, no matter you use dual crossfire or quad crossfire.
Similarly even with PhysX enabled nVidia cards, PhysX eats lot of gaming performance from the card. So enabling PhysX may cause degradation of gaming performance.

That's why dedicated PhysX configs are suggested.
AMD gaming card + nVidia PhysX card will enable using PhysX with AMD solutions. In nVidia case it will also enhance performance with the PhysX enabled titles

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
so rajan bulldozer will come when it will be time for ivy bridge.:-D

and ivy bridge will outperform all the cpus available at that time - just a prediction though.

Yes there goin to be a lot of competition this year. GOOD for consumers like us as we'll take the advantage of the fight ( read price drops).

and by that time SNB cpu prices will come down as well coz amd will sure reveal something which can go neck to neck with SNB and ivy bridge will outperform them all and will become intel's flagship desktop cpu.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ jaskanwar

Buddy what about the highend htpc configs? I have some good 32inch lcd's pricelist. I think we should include the zacate platform for htpc's when its launched. Lot better than standalone media players that people use on their large displays.

adityamgk

The GameFREAK is Online
when i checked out the asus india site they still didnt add the Maximus IV extreme to their LGA 1155 list. I really want that mobo. Any idea when will it be launched in india?

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
interesting things -

Buy ZOTAC H55ITX-A-E Mini ITX WiFi Intel Motherboard in Mumbai India

Buy SilverStone SST-SG05B (Black) Cabinet in Mumbai India

Review - Zotac H55ITX-A-E Motherboard Review | bit-tech.net

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
the psu is Fortron-Source Power FSP300-60GHS (i think FSP full form :-D)

reviews -
Silverstone Sugo SG05 and SG06: Gaming mini-ITX cases? | silentpcreview.com
FSP300-60GHS Power Supply Review | Hardware Secrets

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
arey nahi sir i mean toms gave whole list which company has made what psu so the fsp oem had full names. like cwt is channel well technologies.

bilallucky

Broken In
AMD 1090T - 11k
Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H - 8k
GTX580 - 28k
GSkill 3x2GB 1600MHz CL7 - 6.5k
Seagate 1TB - 2.8k
CM690 Advanced - 5.5k
Dell U2311H - 14k
Seasonic S12D 750W - 6.5k
KB Mouse - 2k
TOTAL - 84k

How about this ??

desai_amogh

In the zone
which one is better??

MSI 880GMA-E45 Motherboard or Gigabyte GA-880GM-USB3 Motherboard

both are selling at a similar price.

Also, whcih shud I prefer ??

AMD Athlon ll X4 640 Processor Or AMD Phenom II X2 560 Processor ???

basically i need to fit my proccy mobo comby for around 10k - 10.5k

also suggest a PSU for below 2.5k

FSP SAGA II 500 500W Power Supply OR Gigabyte Superb 460W GE-R460-V1 Power Supply ??

Or if some body could post a good configuration only for proccy, Mobo, RAM and PSU for below 15k.

I got a HDD, monitor n rest already.

techie_85

Broken In
Hi guys,

I am planning to upgrade by MoBo, Proccessor and RAM

My budget is around 10K

I plan to have 4 gb DDR3 RAM at around 2K
The remaining 8k is for Processor and Mother Board
What do you guys suggest, I was thinking of 5-6k for processor and the rest for MotherBoard

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom