PC Buying Guide - March 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

aby geek

Cyborg Agent
ur welcome jas

why arent we considering skulcandies and sanhiesers for headsets?

found these : *www.astrogaming.com/

*www.techtree.com/India/Reviews/Razer_Megalodon_71_Gaming_Headset/551-112356-536.html

*www.techtree.com/India/Reviews/Sennheiser_HD800/551-112398-536-1.html , iwant to lol on this seriously.

heres something possible
*www.techtree.com/India/Reviews/Sen..._Supra_Aural_Headphones/551-105243-536-4.html

*www.techtree.com/India/Reviews/Creative_Fatal1ty_USB_Gaming_Headset_HS-1000/551-100330-536-5.html

Last edited:

Aashrey99

The Prophet
ur welcome jas

why arent we considering skulcandies and sanhiesers for headsets?

found these : Astro Gaming | Video Gaming Equipment

Techtree.com India > Reviews > Peripherals > Speakers > Razer Megalodon 7.1 Gaming Headset

Techtree.com India > Reviews > Peripherals > Speakers > Sennheiser HD800 , iwant to lol on this seriously.

heres something possible
Techtree.com India > Reviews > Peripherals > Speakers > Sennheiser HD238 Precision: Supra Aural Headphones

Techtree.com India > Reviews > Peripherals > Speakers > Creative Fatal1ty USB Gaming Headset HS-1000

aby skullcandy is the worst headphone manufacturing company there ever was!

their headphones are like cheap plastic toys, break at the slightest exertion. Any skullcandy product wont have a life of more than 7 months.

sennheisers are great for gaming. the HD5xx series is great!!!!!!!!

^^ isnt that ms238h the designo series 23 incher?

and jas got prices from bitfang :

zebronics invader 7260

zeb xclio a830 9103

zeb xclio x777 16390

Welcome to BitFang

and go check the saphire offer right now

yeah aby, it is the designo series 23" incher :-D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
TP i will add that now. but we need to mention both 6950 and 560 due to impressive 6950 cfx performance.

aashery i will look at it soon.

aby geek thanks for prices.

vikram yeah..

---------- Post added at 09:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 AM ----------

TP is Altec Lansing BXR1221 better than Logitech Z313? both are 1k afaik.

---------- Post added at 09:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 AM ----------

adding 40k and 60k.

---------- Post added at 10:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

actually the 3k head i mentioned was siberia V2. but V2 is 6-7k. my mistake. so i am fixed with 3 options -
Alienware TactX Headset
Steel Series Siberia full-size Headset (White)
Razer Orca Gaming Headphone

your opinions after seeing reviews?

---------- Post added at 10:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 AM ----------

orca seems good if someone likes it colour :-D. i like it though :razz:

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:38 AM ----------

@TP
where did you find that numeric price? looks too sweat.

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

updated the front.

you can quote HD6950 1GB as an optional choice but I wanted to enlist GTX 560 Ti - we have talked so much about it on different threads and it would be an kinda injustice if we don't include it at-least in a single config - beside this it will make some fanboys really happy ;-)

I personally prefer Altec BXR1221 ( and think it's better ) compared to Logitech Z313.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
@ Topgear

Yup buddy we can mention both the cards. The 6950 performs great and has its usp's.:smile:

Coming to the speakers, i have a logitech z313 and my brother in pune owns a BXR1221 and recently he purchased altec lansing VS4621( couldn't find the 4121). So when he came to my place this jan, i made him hear the trance tracks that he used to listen back at his place.

After hearing, he passed the judgement that the z313 is nowhere near his vs 4621 cause the latter is more powerful but it sounded lot better than his BXR1221. He said the BXR was a bit underpowered but sounded good. He gave a thumbs up to z313 over his Bxr. Thats why i recommended z313 over bxr to jas to include in sub 30k budget.

Though personally, i have never experienced a BXR before but i kind of believe my brother. I guess his opinion was unbiased.:smile:

Aashrey99

The Prophet
Guys, The IT Depot just dropped the price on the N580GTX Twin Frozr II from 32k to 30k. For the price, I think its a steal. The twin frozr models have custom coolers and they are very cool even under load. They are about 20c lower than stock cooler. :D

Hope this helps.

lordirecto

In the zone
Guys, The IT Depot just dropped the price on the N580GTX Twin Frozr II from 32k to 30k. For the price, I think its a steal. The twin frozr models have custom coolers and they are very cool even under load. They are about 20c lower than stock cooler. :D

Hope this helps.

Just send them(IT depot) enquiring about the stock of their N580 GTX twin forzr, the price will be increased by 3000 rupees.

lordirecto

In the zone
@Jas: Dude, is something wrong with you? I am serious. Why do you have to suggest Steelseries and Razer headsets!!! From my experience, they are pathetic. They trully are 600 rupees headsets sold at 1500 and 3000 rupees, because of the costs involved in advertising.
I am sure people will be able to find headsets from Senheisser or JVC at the same pricepoint that will give 10 times better performance.
I decided to spend 6000 rupees on a grado headphones just to listen to songs, and I am hear sounds that I have never heard in all the songs I have had for years. I am sure you wont believe me.

@Jas: Dude, is something wrong with you? I am serious. Why do you have to suggest Steelseries and Razer headsets!!! From my experience, they are pathetic. They trully are 600 rupees headsets sold at 1500 and 3000 rupees, because of the costs involved in advertising.
I am sure people will be able to find headsets from Senheisser or JVC at the same pricepoint that will give 10 times better performance.
I decided to spend 6000 rupees on a grado headphones just to listen to songs, and I am hear sounds that I have never heard in all the songs I have had for years. I am sure you wont believe me.

i believe you. my creative earphones also made me hear sounds i'd never heard on my previous philips earphones. :mrgreen::mrgreen:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
all right. Time for a new thread now. I think the old discussion is redundant.

Here are the contents of the first post: FOSSPowered Pastebin (easy to copy-paste)

@Jas: Let us start a new thread. :) Thanks.

Edit: I'll move the discussion from pages 30-33 to the new thread once it is created. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom