Not open for further replies.

srch07

Journeyman
I think you should update the guide,
specially the 50k and 75k ones :)

Oh btw, SNB processors are out of stock in delta now :D

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Yes, update the guide with non k processors as topgear suggested and pair them with h67 according to different price categories. When the k procesors are available easily in retail and online, list them in high end builds as of now.

Also wait for gtx 560 to release as this will most probably push the prices of 6870 and 6850. And also not to forget the 1gb versions of cayman.

With so many new updates, i think the entire buying guide needs to be refreshed.

arashsaremi

Right off the assembly line
Guys,

yesterday I bought:

mb: Asus M4A87TD EVO
CPU: AMD 955
VGA: EVGA 460 1GB
Ram: 2*2 1333
Power: 535 watts

but when assembling them I have no output on the monitor, when I turn it on from the case power button the fans run without any alarm but nothing happens, also the reset switch and the case power do not function for turning it off. (and I have to turn it off by unplugging). the motherboard green light will be on when it is plugged.
the weird thing is that I have removed 1 of the rams and then both of them but in both cases there is no alarm from the mb.

your urgent reply is appreciated.

thanks,

srch07

Journeyman
@arashsaremi, buddy its the wrong section to post it, but since you have posted already.
I don't have idea about Asus boards come with inbuilt speaker or not, if not you will need a chassis speaker to connect it with for beeps.

Check for the memory slots you have inserted ram into, always enter first ram in DIMM1 slot ( consult motherboard manual for it).

Insert only 1 ram and try running it.
If it does not boot, Change the ram with other one and try with 2nd one to boot the desktop.

Also see, if processor fan runs when you press power on button, it shouldn't be like processor fan runs for a flash and then stops running.

Try those and let us know.
Also mention your complete configuration.

Guys,

yesterday I bought:

mb: Asus M4A87TD EVO
CPU: AMD 955
VGA: EVGA 460 1GB
Ram: 2*2 1333
Power: 535 watts

but when assembling them I have no output on the monitor, when I turn it on from the case power button the fans run without any alarm but nothing happens, also the reset switch and the case power do not function for turning it off. (and I have to turn it off by unplugging). the motherboard green light will be on when it is plugged.
the weird thing is that I have removed 1 of the rams and then both of them but in both cases there is no alarm from the mb.

your urgent reply is appreciated.

thanks,

@ sunilparmar
As much i know Gigabyte 80 Plus Active PFC 460W SMPS is almost equal or little inferior to FSP Saga II 500 watt.
But it all depends on your complete configuration, i mean like it can handle the load or not.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
You're most welcome jas. I guess 1gb caymans will launch right after gtx 560. Moreover gtx 560 is launching tommorow internationally.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Well, just created a basic config with the new K series processor @ sub 85K range. For including the costly processor and the only available mobo till now, have to reduce price for some other components.
So introduced a lower priced Cabinet, UPS and Graphics card. Once new products like GTX 560 or cheaper P67 mobos will start to appear, we can update this config to make it more optimized.

Here goes my suggestion:

Intel Core i7 2600K @ 16.9k
Asus P8P67 PRO @ 10.5k
CM Hyper 212+ @ 1.8k
Corsair XMS3 CMX4GX3M2A1600C9 2X2GB @ 2.9k
PowerColor Radeon HD6950 2GB @ 17.5K
Seagate 500GB 7200.12 @ 1.7k
LG 22X SATA DVD @ 0.9k
Corsair TX750W @ 6.6k
Thermaltake Strike Mx VI6001BNS Black @ 3.8K
DELL Ultrasharp U2311H @ 13.7k
Razer Death Adder @ 2.1k
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 @ 1k
Numeric 1000VA @ 4k
Altec Lansing VS2621 @ 1.6k

Total 85K

OP
Jaskanwar Singh

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
cilus its not PRO. its simple one P8P67. edit it. and thanks for update :)

cilus that cabby doesnt look nioce. what about CM USP100 @ 3k.

srch07

Journeyman
cilus its not PRO. its simple one P8P67. edit it. and thanks for update :)

cilus that cabby doesnt look nioce. what about CM USP100 @ 3k.

Cabby is good, but one thing i really miss in it is the Reset Button Lolz.
Second, it has got Front panel USB and Audio port on top, with vertical sockets instead of Horizontal, so if you planing to use the cabby with Computer table, n gotta keep it down, than those ports will go useless.
There is hardly any space to insert Pen Drives etc in Front ports.

Cilus

laborare est orare
Ok, will take those things under consideration. This is just the skeleton model, not the final one.:smile::smile:

And guys,while suggesting some components for the configs, could you please post the estimated price and the links for this board specs and review etc if possible. That will help us a lot.

Bulldozer929

Broken In
Hello everyone. i am new to TDF. i love hardware and i would like to gain more knowledge and share mine with you all.

I looked at TDF about a month ago and becoming familier with you all. really knowledgeable people out there. i like the way you work for the guide. its nice concept. :)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Hello and welcome to tdf buddy. We would be highly obliged if you share your knowledge with us.

Piyush

Lanaya
Hello everyone. i am new to TDF. i love hardware and i would like to gain more knowledge and share mine with you all.

I looked at TDF about a month ago and becoming familier with you all. really knowledgeable people out there. i like the way you work for the guide. its nice concept. :)

hello bro
welcome to TDF

it would be better if u could post something here too
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/community-discussions/115442-introduce-yourselves.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom