Overheating problems

sukesh1090

Adam young
thank you.for overclocking do i need a good smps or can i go with the one now i am having(frontech 450watt)?do the temperature rise in summers?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Yes, for OC you need a good stable SMPS. Not sure about Frontech. Temperatures will rise any time of the year. Just that in summers the ambient is higher vs. winters.

virajkin

Journeyman
Hi i recently upgraded my system as shown in my signature below
I checked the CPU temperature with Gigabyte's Easy tune 6. During normal operation i.e browsing n all it shows the CPU temperature as 38-40 degrees
During video conversion it goes to 43 degrees
Are these temperatures OK for Athlon II X4??
I am using stock cooler and it had come with some amount of paste
Do i need to apply the thermal compound right noww?? please help

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ virajkin - the temps you are getting is just fine - you don't need to apply any kind of thermal paste.

Only if you unmount the HSF later for cleaning ( after 1 year maybe ) you have to apply thermal paste. As of now your stock HSF and TIM is working just fine.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ buddy do we have any software that can lower the vcore for P4? my 2nd P4 rig's temp shoot 65degree. the thermal paste is almost gone. also the 1 push pin got bend & so it doesn't stays in its place. else will have to buy a new cheap HSF.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try this one :

RMClock Utility. Products. CPU Rightmark

Also if your mobo supports OCing try underclocking and undervolting the cpu.

Last edited:

arc84

Broken In
@Sam.Shab : what was the normal temp. of ur p4 rig?? mine is a 4.5 yr old p4 2.8 (511) rig n it has always ran above the 65 degree mark.... n yes even i did break two of the push pins earlier this year bt luckily gt spare ones @ rs 25 per pc from chandani mkt. i think it would help if i can reduce the core voltage a bit bt dont know how to go about it.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Try this one :

RMClock Utility. Products. CPU Rightmark

Also if your mobo supports OCing try underclocking and undervolting the cpu.

thanks for the link. will give it a try. but lately whole system started to freeze. after OS (Win7) loads. so i doubt i'll be able to use it. or, will try lower the clock.

the system allows OC but can't edit the voltage. if i try to edit, theres only 2 option: Auto or Ignore.

@Sam.Shab : what was the normal temp. of ur p4 rig?? mine is a 4.5 yr old p4 2.8 (511) rig n it has always ran above the 65 degree mark.... n yes even i did break two of the push pins earlier this year bt luckily gt spare ones @ rs 25 per pc from chandani mkt. i think it would help if i can reduce the core voltage a bit bt dont know how to go about it.

not remember clearly. will check & inform you.

i am thinking of selling off the old rig. better get rid of it soon before it qualifies for museum entry :-D

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try running XP - not win 7 - it's just too much fro your old rig.

Also try setting the volt to ignore mode and see if you can get manual volt control option enabled.

nikhilpoddar

Broken In
hi guys,

i just bought myself hyper tx3. as of now, there is only one fan installed with it. i wanted to know will it make any difference if i add another 92mm fan to the heatsink in a push-pull config. I have phenom II 940 and the current readings are idling at 38c and load:56c (it's much better than my stock hsf coz then readings were idle: 45c and load: 71c)

another query is i don't know how to setup the direction of the fans. Hyper TX3 only allows the fan to blow air towards North or South in AMD system. My power supply is at the top. So please tell me in which direction should the fan blow : north or south ??

Gollum

Collector
hi guys,

i just bought myself hyper tx3. as of now, there is only one fan installed with it. i wanted to know will it make any difference if i add another 92mm fan to the heatsink in a push-pull config. I have phenom II 940 and the current readings are idling at 38c and load:56c (it's much better than my stock hsf coz then readings were idle: 45c and load: 71c)

another query is i don't know how to setup the direction of the fans. Hyper TX3 only allows the fan to blow air towards North or South in AMD system. My power supply is at the top. So please tell me in which direction should the fan blow : north or south ??
for efficient cooling you should keep only one fan and keep the hs clean. If the hs is filled with dirt then you will need the push pull thing. The air between the fins need to have a little amount of pressure so that it is in a compressed form due to the effect of being pushed between thefins. The compressed air is more efficient in cooling the fins of the heat sink.
This, however, will not happen if you use two fans in the said fashion.

ssb1551

Technomancer
@ nikhilpoddar - Congrats for TX3!!How much did it cost ya?I'm plannin to buy a CPU cooler for my Athlon II X4 635 thts y wanted to know the cost n performance.n r there 92mm fans?I've heard of 90mm n 120mm fans.

nikhilpoddar

Broken In
@ nikhilpoddar - Congrats for TX3!!How much did it cost ya?I'm plannin to buy a CPU cooler for my Athlon II X4 635 thts y wanted to know the cost n performance.n r there 92mm fans?I've heard of 90mm n 120mm fans.

i bought it for Rs. 1100 from PrimeABGB, mumbai. As u can see from my previous post, it is doing a very good job in cooling my cpu. The cooler comes with a attached fan. But if u want to add another one there is this Panasonic 92 mm fan available with lynx-india.com

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
2 afns will reduce temp by another 4-5C but provided you have another fan as exhaust at the back side of your cabby.

BTW, what cabby do you have ?

Top Bottom