Overheating problems

Gollum

Collector
i have Everest but i don't know the correct voltage.in bios i found these options,vtt voltage-1.10v,1.20v,1.37v,1.46v. NB vol-1.272v,1.319v. +1.5v-1.5125v,1.5651v.at present these are all set to auto please suggest me for what voltage should i set the above categories.
redlofredlof where is this syscomp what do you think about prime computers,maithri complex,near bus stand.thank you.

syscomp is opposite to main post office udupi. Prime comp guy seems a bit too overconfident but he gets things pretty fast. I think the prime guy will also have it. Where did you buy the comp from?

sukesh1090

Adam young
no i bought the comp from shimoga about 10-12 days before.so the prime computer guy in manipal told me that i don't need add thermal compound as i just bought it 10 days before.what do you think?please tell me the values for setting my voltage reffering my above post.thank you.
does decreasing the vtt voltage helps in lowering the temperature?

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Hey guys I found that my GPU temperature is going up to 72-73 C if I play 30-45 mins of game. I was testing with DIRT 2. Is this normal? or overheating? I have CPUID HW Monitor installed. The CPU temp was around 54-55. My specs is in my sig.
Thanks in advance.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
no i bought the comp from shimoga about 10-12 days before.so the prime computer guy in manipal told me that i don't need add thermal compound as i just bought it 10 days before.what do you think?please tell me the values for setting my voltage reffering my above post.thank you.

As for E5500 U dont need to undervolt or Overvolt from default settings .. Though u r Overclocking u consider Abt Voltage settings , Keep all @ optimal settings just read the temp ! if not good re-apply thermal paste !

Note : Dual core E5500 emits some heat its not 45nm processor , its 65nm processor so temp wont reduce more !!

Hey guys I found that my GPU temperature is going up to 72-73 C if I play 30-45 mins of game. I was testing with DIRT 2. Is this normal? or overheating? I have CPUID HW Monitor installed. The CPU temp was around 54-55. My specs is in my sig.
Thanks in advance.

If both the Temps are @ Full load / playing games then its absolutely NORMAL :-o

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ you are wrong about this :

The Pentium Dual-Core E5500 is based on the 45 nm Wolfdale-2M core in-fact all intel dual core 5xxx series is based on 45nm.

Gollum

Collector

now i know why your cpu is over heating. The guy who assembled your comp did not put cpu cooler properly on the cpu the first time. So some of the thermal compound got stuck to the cooler and some remained on the cpu. In the next try he fixed the cpu cooler onto the cpu properly. Doing this, air pockets were developed between the thermal compound, cpu, and heat sink. On top of that you overclocked your cpu. And since you detached your cpu cooler again. It has further degraded the workability of the thermal compound.
My advice, ask prime guy in manipal to get you thermal compound, if he tries to discourage you then show him money :p
Get rid of the old compound. Reapply the new compound and now fix the cpu cooler in just one go or you will have to even out the compound again. Also get a new psu, prime guy can get you cooler master and corsair. I'm also gonna buy one soon.

damngoodman999

damnbadman666
^^ you are wrong about this :

The Pentium Dual-Core E5500 is based on the 45 nm Wolfdale-2M core in-fact all intel dual core 5xxx series is based on 45nm.

Sorry Confused , I thought this one same 2.8Ghz Intel® Pentium® D Processor 915 (4M Cache, 2.80 GHz, 800 MHz FSB) with SPEC Code(s) SL9DA, SL9KB

sukesh1090

Adam young
OK i will re apply the thermal compound.while applying compound do i need to spread on whole part of the processor which comes in contact with heat sink or at the center in round shape?thank you.

sukesh1090

Adam young
i have applied the thermal compound.i didn't got the companies mentioned by topgear so i used something anabond company.these are the screen shots of the real temp after applying thermal compound again.in screen shot it is showing the maximum temperature as 77C but it to went 77 only for once and it was fluctuating within 65-72C and during playing nfs most wanted yesterday it went to 105C but still my system didn't hanged and didn't restarted and today it went to 85C so,i think this is much better than yesterday's and i think this is the best my processor can give:sad:if it can tolerate 105 then it should tolerate 85.today it is getting cooled down quickly.please tell me what you guys think.further advices to reduce temperature are appreciable.

Gollum

Collector
For your cpu it is normal. My x2 never goes above 55 but its a 64watt cpu pretty old and cheap only 3k. Three years back i upgraded my mobo cpu and 1 gb ram for 8k total.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sorry Confused , I thought this one same 2.8Ghz Intel® Pentium® D Processor 915 (4M Cache, 2.80 GHz, 800 MHz FSB) with SPEC Code(s) SL9DA, SL9KB

nothing to be sorry - with so much models of cpu it's easy to get congfused even for pro users.

i have applied the thermal compound.i didn't got the companies mentioned by topgear so i used something anabond company.these are the screen shots of the real temp after applying thermal compound again.in screen shot it is showing the maximum temperature as 77C but it to went 77 only for once and it was fluctuating within 65-72C and during playing nfs most wanted yesterday it went to 105C but still my system didn't hanged and didn't restarted and today it went to 85C so,i think this is much better than yesterday's and i think this is the best my processor can give:sad:if it can tolerate 105 then it should tolerate 85.today it is getting cooled down quickly.please tell me what you guys think.further advices to reduce temperature are appreciable.

what you think is it near to normal?can i work with this temperature?

I still think the temp is pretty high - as you have not got any thermal paste of good brands try getting cpu cooler like CM Hyper TX3 around 1400 bucks and it will keep your cpu cool than the stock HSf and you will also get a tube of thermal compound with the package - thus you will be able to oc your cpu too.

sukesh1090

Adam young
guys check these pics and numbers in that it is my core temperature:).i don't know how it got corrected,today me and my friend paigirish(he is also the member of thinkdigit forum) opened the cabin removed heat sink,processor and some cables to find the problem and at last we concluded that there must be something mistake with the heat sink or there must be a gap remaining between processor and heat sink when we fit it to mb and we fitted it back blowing processor and heat sink.after fitting those things back and starting my computers temperatures are running normal:).i think there was any loose connections or some dust was there on the processor:?:.what you guys think?thank you.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
guys check these pics and numbers in that it is my core temperature:).i don't know how it got corrected,today me and my friend paigirish(he is also the member of thinkdigit forum) opened the cabin removed heat sink,processor and some cables to find the problem and at last we concluded that there must be something mistake with the heat sink or there must be a gap remaining between processor and heat sink when we fit it to mb and we fitted it back blowing processor and heat sink.after fitting those things back and starting my computers temperatures are running normal:).i think there was any loose connections or some dust was there on the processor:?:.what you guys think?thank you.

Did you apply any TIM between the CPU head and the HSF surface. Also why is not RealTEMP loading your system 100%. It should. Just run the normal RealTEMP test with 2x threads of Prime95 in the background and post the screen shot.

sukesh1090

Adam young
Guys here are the pics with 100% load.i have two questions one is what is sensor movement test? and other is if i overclock my processor then the warranty gets voided.ok then if i again downclock it to normal how they will come to know that the processor was overclocked:???:?thank you.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
1. Sensor movement test is a small test which RealTEMP does when it is launched, to check that the sensors actually 'detect' a thermal delta. If you have a 'stuck' sensor than the movement values should be '0'.

2. The companies say that OC voids warranty, but I doubt they can really tell. Just be careful regarding the OC.

What is your system configuration.

sukesh1090

Adam young
intel pentium dual core 2.8GHz@1.3v,Asrock G31M-VS2,frontech 450Watt,LG Flatron W1943C 19",samsung 500GB,LG DVD+RW,intel integrated graphics card GMA 3100(want to buy ATI HD5670).

Top Bottom