Need for Speed Most Wanted reboot

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
Well buddy, whatever you said is correct but you are not admitting the problem.

It was never a problem was it? a fast paced call of duty player complaining about slow paced Battlefield won't make sense does it?
Or, a call of duty 1 or 2 player complaining about modernized cod wont make sense either ;)

You are definitely missing a LOT by not gaming at eyefinity or nVIDIA surround, the level of immersion is simply not possible with a single screen as of now. But if a game starts showing you one third of the scene just because you have only one monitor, then that is broken or at the very least inaccessible.

lol, what kind of comparison is that? un-affordable three screens to an affordable controller :|

BTW, the recommended specifications of the game mentioned about keyboard and mouse only.

The box also mentions about online activation, online gameplay, etc etc...you aren't strictly following it and buying the game are you? :p

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
It was never a problem was it? a fast paced call of duty player complaining about slow paced Battlefield won't make sense does it?
Or, a call of duty 1 or 2 player complaining about modernized cod wont make sense either ;)

Completely off-line. Adjustment of pacing is not an issue. It wasn't with Flatout series, Split Second or Blur or any other game for that matter.

lol, what kind of comparison is that? un-affordable three screens to an affordable controller :|

Not the matter of money, the matter of adding additional hardware for a single game. :neutral:

The box also mentions about online activation, online gameplay, etc etc...you aren't strictly following it and buying the game are you? :p

not really, check here:- :p

*store.origin.com/store/easa/en_IN/pd/productID.246003000

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
Completely off-line. Adjustment of pacing is not an issue. It wasn't with Flatout series, Split Second or Blur or any other game for that matter.

Why not? We aren't talking about glitches or broken mechanics here are we? Its a design choice, regardless of the platform. I gave you the example too, set the steering to the XYAB buttons on the controller, that's same as the keyboard. Analog Sticks make all the difference, holding the steering at an angle during a wide turn isn't possible on keyboard is it? instead, you keep tap-hold, tap-hold until you clear that turn, is no good than the controller.

Not the matter of money

Of course it is the matter of money, suggesting an affordable piece of hardware that not only makes the experience better and comfortable, but opens more options to the gamer, and suggesting un-affordable hardware that's clearly a luxury..lots of difference between those two.
And like I said, its not a fair comparison, if you want to, make a comparison between KB, controller, wheel, or kinect.

the matter of adding additional hardware for a single game.

err, I didn't say it was for the single game, that 'analog stick-awesomeness' applies to every single game out there.

not really, check here:-

*store.origin.com/store/easa/e...ctID.246003000

LOL, cmon man you're trolling! :p
Stuff like that only matters when you buy games.

Last edited:

gameranand

Living to Play
Well different people have different choices, I for first didn't liked the control of GRID at first but then loved it, same thing happened with Shift but Shift 2 was a nightmare for me didn't liked the controls even after patches. But Shift 2 was loved by many racing game communities and I totally get that. What I am trying to say that controls are a bit of personal choice some like simulation type, some like arcade and some like the mix of the two. So it varies from person to person, Controller definitely makes the game better. I have played Dirt series and Grid with both KB and controller and I can tell that there is a lot of fun added when playing with controller. As for me I am currently using two controllers, Microsoft Xbox controller and Razer Orca Tournament Edition and Razer one is much much better for me for long gaming sessions as it has a rubberised grip and kinda different feel and comfort, I can't describe it you just have to feel it and get used to it. :)

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Completed the game (well almost) Beat all Most Wanted , won all races for 22 cars , found all cars , found 97 jackspots . :D

OT : @cyborg47 which ISP ?

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
Well different people have different choices, I for first didn't liked the control of GRID at first but then loved it, same thing happened with Shift but Shift 2 was a nightmare for me didn't liked the controls even after patches. But Shift 2 was loved by many racing game communities and I totally get that. What I am trying to say that controls are a bit of personal choice some like simulation type, some like arcade and some like the mix of the two. So it varies from person to person, Controller definitely makes the game better. I have played Dirt series and Grid with both KB and controller and I can tell that there is a lot of fun added when playing with controller. As for me I am currently using two controllers, Microsoft Xbox controller and Razer Orca Tournament Edition and Razer one is much much better for me for long gaming sessions as it has a rubberised grip and kinda different feel and comfort, I can't describe it you just have to feel it and get used to it. :)

Yup, the only ones who find the improvement are the ones who jumped ship from KB to controller ;)

Completed the game (well almost) Beat all Most Wanted , won all races for 22 cars , found all cars , found 97 jackspots . :D

OT : @cyborg47 which ISP ?

Beam Telecom.

Okay! gonna leave the discussion now, its not going anywhere. @skud, if you still want to stick to the KB, that's totally fine, not that I intend to convince you otherwise, but you're going to miss a lot of awesomeness.

Last edited:

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Reading the comments tells me that I'll definitely be irritated with this game. Checkpoint? I hate checkpoints. Hated that game, Midnight crap or what was it!

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup, the only ones who find the improvement are the ones who jumped ship from KB to controller ;)

Beam Telecom.

Okay! gonna leave the discussion now, its not going anywhere. @skud, if you still want to stick to the KB, that's totally fine, not that I intend to convince you otherwise, but you're going to miss a lot of awesomeness.

You keep on telling about controller, which is not at all an integral part of a PC, any PC for that matter. And you simply not answering why KB control is not half as good as other games. lol, i said about game showing wrong way, despite me being on the right way, and instead of at least calling it a bug (If not a broken game design) people are saying its a feature and that's how devs have intended the game to be. I said about KB controls not being responsive, and the answer I got is to get a controller, as if the devs are freely distributing one. If my system config matches or exceeds recommended requirements of a game, I expect the game to run at optimum without a hitch, if not, that fault lies with the developer, not the game publisher. Again it's not a matter of cost, but forcing a hardware needlessly, and through backdoor too, as it is nowhere mentioned.

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
:facepalm:
Dude, are you even reading my posts or coming to a conclusion that they're only a suggestion? okay I ll stop suggesting or talking about the controller now.

Yes, you were saying that the controls are not as responsive, and I said, they are the same with the controller too(the XYAB example?) its not that they made two different control schemes for PC and console, That and the controller suggestion are two different things, but all you are seeing is the latter one lol. Its like complaining that Beowulf characters dont move or animated like pixar, when you clearly know the intention behind that chosen style.

Played a race with keyboard last night, and won with ease, they're just like any other game, yeah the controls are sluggish(when wrongly compared to games like Dirt or F1 :p ) and yeah that their design choice(will explain about that later, with an example), can't argue with a design choice, simply like or dislike, which you have already been doing. Got my point?

Last edited:

Gollum

Collector
You keep on telling about controller, which is not at all an integral part of a PC, any PC for that matter. And you simply not answering why KB control is not half as good as other games. lol, i said about game showing wrong way, despite me being on the right way, and instead of at least calling it a bug (If not a broken game design) people are saying its a feature and that's how devs have intended the game to be. I said about KB controls not being responsive, and the answer I got is to get a controller, as if the devs are freely distributing one. If my system config matches or exceeds recommended requirements of a game, I expect the game to run at optimum without a hitch, if not, that fault lies with the developer, not the game publisher. Again it's not a matter of cost, but forcing a hardware needlessly, and through backdoor too, as it is nowhere mentioned.

Skud, I have experienced this issue with Dirt3 PC. I Just could not play that game as the card throttle was always set to 100%.
Now when I bought the xbox360 controller, it all changed. I could easilty navigate through turns as I could precisely keep a marginally opened throttle/accelerator.

Coming to NFS, I play this in PS3. now PS3 allows you to have the R3 or the X key as the acceletator.
X key is pressure sensitive in DualShock 3 and 2 and I have to press it hard enough to get the car going fast. So here I have to use the the R3 as that is also an analog trigger.

Lets now talk about the Keyboard. It does not have analog support, It can only register a single input for a key at a time. Hence, when you use it on NFS Most wanted, all you get is 100% pedal to the metal kind of throttle/accelerator response.

Also, compatible with keyboard does not mean 100% compatibility. I'm not siding with the devs but now a days, its a norm for racers to have controllers or wheel.

Last edited:
OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
@gollum, nice explanation. But wasn't exactly what skud was saying, he meant the controls are sluggish regardless of the peripheral using, KB, controller or whatever.

Anyway, here's what I wanted to say about that design choice. Back in the original Most Wanted, the cars didn't jump straight into 150mph, the devs put the realism aside and made the cars feel super heavy, which became one of the trademarks of Most Wanted followed by Carbon. The cars weren't responsive, they didn't go super fast as soon as you held the trigger or hit the up arrow key, there was a lot of drag and felt like the cars were fighting with some opposing force. Now if you are going to make a Most Wanted re-imagination, I'm sure you would want to keep that core aspect of Most Wanted there, it definitely wouldn't be a MW game without the cars that feel heavy or in your words, sluggish.
Good thing about the original most wanted days and before that, was that the gamers played what they got, meaning they got along with it and had fun, and the internet whining phenomenon wasn't as rapid as it is now, which I believe brings a lot of premature negative judgement in people, just as it did to me, as if its cool to hate the game.

An fps player jumping from quake to halo can be a good example, quake's characters moved super fast(strictly talking about the character's body mechanics here) and its quake's own style, and Halo on the other side felt sluggish(few of my cod frnds never wanted to play halo just because of this reason, the same reason as yours ;) ) and Bungie chose that style over fast moving characters. Now obviously if you want your character heavy, you would make them move slow, and how do you do that in a game? add a little lag between the input and the character animation. Same goes with trucks or buses in games like GTA or midtown madness, we don't complain about that do we? :p

The controller suggestion has nothing to do with this, I just meant that the analogs and triggers give you control over how much you accelerate and steer, KB cannot do that can it?

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Skud, I have experienced this issue with Dirt3 PC. I Just could not play that game as the card throttle was always set to 100%.
Now when I bought the xbox360 controller, it all changed. I could easilty navigate through turns as I could precisely keep a marginally opened throttle/accelerator.

Coming to NFS, I play this in PS3. now PS3 allows you to have the R3 or the X key as the acceletator.
X key is pressure sensitive in DualShock 3 and 2 and I have to press it hard enough to get the car going fast. So here I have to use the the R3 as that is also an analog trigger.

Lets now talk about the Keyboard. It does not have analog support, It can only register a single input for a key at a time. Hence, when you use it on NFS Most wanted, all you get is 100% pedal to the metal kind of throttle/accelerator response.

Also, compatible with keyboard does not mean 100% compatibility. I'm not siding with the devs but now a days, its a norm for racers to have controllers or wheel.

Braking is the key - go flat out, break softly well ahead, take the turn, accelerate, repeat. Also in games like Dirt & WRC, you can tweak various settings of transmission, making a custom profile which suits your style. Again, choices for gamers (armed with whatever peripheral).

gameranand

Living to Play
Come on Skud you got a killer rig. I guess a controller won't hurt that much, trust me you'll notice difference. :)

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
Braking is the key - go flat out, break softly well ahead, take the turn, accelerate, repeat.

That's exactly what I did with MW yesterday, and it worked like a charm, lol.

EDIT- The performance patch is in works according to the EA forums, will buy the game as soon as it hits :D

Last edited:

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Definitely not working liking a charm for me, otherwise I wouldn't have complained. ;)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I was referring to the "uninstalled before completed" club. :lol:

Uninstalled after defeating the 8th blacklist.

I was hoping for MW vibe and incentive to beat blacklists. But it's a monotonous game. Beaten blacklist 8 without any upgrades. No customization is a bummer and no pursuit breakers make the chase a bit monotonous. One can stop over the airfield bunkers and stupid AI cops will stay on the ground.

Music is terrible too, I was playing without music after blacklist 9.

EDIT- The performance patch is in works according to the EA forums, will buy the game as soon as it hits :D
Even though I get 30+ fps, still I feel that game pulsates between fast forwarding the frames and returning back to normal every 2- 3 seconds. Crappy optimization for a racing game.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Uninstalled after defeating the 8th blacklist.

I was hoping for MW vibe and incentive to beat blacklists. But it's a monotonous game. Beaten blacklist 8 without any upgrades. No customization is a bummer and no pursuit breakers make the chase a bit monotonous. One can stop over the airfield bunkers and stupid AI cops will stay on the ground.

Music is terrible too, I was playing without music after blacklist 9.

Even though I get 30+ fps, still I feel that game pulsates between fast forwarding the frames and returning back to normal every 2- 3 seconds. Crappy optimization for a racing game.

Wholeheartedly agree with whatever you have said, as my experience is similar too. And regarding that last line, try Flatout 3 (the original unpatched one, don't know whether things have been cured later). ;)

Gollum

Collector
That's exactly what I did with MW yesterday, and it worked like a charm, lol.

that's the main reason why i shifted to ps3 from PC. you get to play the game just the way its supposed to be. full hd, full details, no lag. :)

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
that's the main reason why i shifted to ps3 from PC. you get to play the game just the way its supposed to be. full hd, full details, no lag. :)

That's a good thing a about consoles, hassle free gaming ;) but way too costly for me.

For the performance issues on PC, geometric detailing and reflections to medium with 45-60fps on an old quad core and fraps turned on with video recording, wonder how is that so difficult to some people :|

Last edited:
Top Bottom