Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^One of my all time favourite dialogues in that movie:
Greta: He knocked over another ATM. This time at knife point. He needs your legal advice.
Fletcher: [picking up phone and shouting] Stop breaking the law, asshole!

Jim Carey is a total goof ball.The 2 movies that I could never stop watching over & over again are The Mask & Ace Ventura:When Nature Calls.:)

Both are totally awesome.Ace Ventura is the best & the expressions are something which can't be missed.

Has anyone seen Weekend At Bernies? Another classic comedy.

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Mr.Magoriums Wonder Emporium

just now finished seeing it....

one of the best ever movie sentemental/magical/wonderfulll movie...

please dont misss this guys...

it gives goose bumps at times...

spectacular movie...

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
^^
Seen that long time back. I felt it's a one time watch even though I love Natalie Portman and Dustin Hoffman.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
watched The Air I Breathe (My Rating: 7.7/10) (Whitaker part was awesome, others acting wasn't at par, Kevin was good but just a minute role, movie was full of cliches , quite predictable for the most part, background score was average)

101 Reykjavik (My Rating: 8.1/10) (Now this was something genuine, i was watching with a wicked sense of humor throughout the movie, never seen before storyline, true humor out of situation and honest replies...lol, background score was awesome)

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
The Eye.Pretty good movie.Not an outright horror movie but good thriller element.Haven't seen the Chinese version though but I get a feeling that would be a worth watch.

Onto House Party series now.:)

hey guys do watch braindead .the most gory movie .300 liters of blood was used in a scene known as 'lawnmover scene' ...itz not watchable with family .instead of being horror as expected being the most gory movie ,itz a comedy movie. storyline is perfect and special effects are pretty good. itz rewatchable many times . id rate it 8.5/10

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
hey have u guys seen the Grindhouse series.....i had seen mixed reactions from ppl ....do post ur comments guys...also The Hills Have Eyes is gud.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^I have seen Planet Terror.Yet to see Death Proof though.Planet Terror was average movie.Hilarious at times.Especially the scene with Rose Mcgowan having a rocket launcher mounted into her amputed leg.;)

The movie does not make any sense but just for a casual time pass flick you can just have a go at it.

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
ya the movie was hilarious at times...but like when she jump using the grenade launcher...man this is insane....and in the end having a minigun fixed to ur leg man thts smthing :))

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^that reminds me of some scenes from typical bolly movies (In Karz Sunny get lifted to the helicopter by jumping over a land mine)..lol

Planet Terror was classic old school type film, it will give you brief nostalgia :p

I saw the alternate ending to the movie I Am Legend, yeah it was satisfying to some extent that what the original one.

Last edited:
@sam9s ..yes braindead is claimed to be goriest of all ...and i appreciate ur view but i think the whole package is fantastic ..i would still stand by my ratings .

as for grindhouse
grindhouse planet terror is hilarious and the direction style and the 'missing film' message is what i would rly remeber...but deathproof is not as good .well go watch planet terror if you like black humor ..u can skip deathproof though. planet terror - 8/10 .death proof - 6.5 /10

legolas

Padawan
I saw the alternate ending to the movie I Am Legend, yeah it was satisfying to some extent that what the original one.
*********SPOILER********
In the alternate ending, does the Zombie-like ppl capture him and kill him (this is the original book's ending I suppose) or change their minds and go away??

Last edited:
Top Bottom