Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
@sam9s

Malena tries to elucidate the gruesome aftermath of war, how a beautiful women without husband (presumably killed in war) suffers from the lustful eyes of aborigines and other females jealousy. The story is told from a kids perspective who's at the verge of puberty.

If you can understand the real meaning of The English Patient then this movie will be another good scorer else u can only enjoy the graphical nudity in this movie.

IMO a must watch (not for kids)

ajayritik

Technomancer
welcome dude.......but I am still curious..??

What are You are curious about my friend? I wanted to be sure that I'm not embarassed watching the movie with my parents. I just scanned through the movie once but didnt want to watch the whole movie to find out where the scene was coz I would have lost interest and wouldnt find it so interesting when I watch it the second time.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
mmm seems to be a must in the collection...IMDB review confirms that it would be an overdoze of strong emotions. Much that I enjoy and admire movies with strong emotional and physiological depth, I somehow tend to avoide them as well. You got to be in a completely different mode in order to enjoy these kinda of movies. Some movies really have a complex and weird emotions very difficult to comprehend. Movies like Lolita and American Beauty, are few examples.........There was another movie in the same league called Farida, I watched.....complex emotions. Neeway I am on a lookout for Malena now...
Try Once Were Warriors as well SAM.It's an excellent movie as well.Check the story on IMDB.I have to get that movie again.It's been a long time since I saw it but was very impressive.Highly recommended.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
After reading so much comics by frank Miller , I finally watched Frank Miller's Sin City..
Awesome movie.. Lots of chicks (Alba, Alexis etc etc).
Comic narration like storyline... B/W kinda visuals.. a must watch..

ajayritik

Technomancer
Any of these genre, Comedy or horror or action. Please suggest some movies. But one condition is that it should be a clean movie which can be watched with the whole family! I hope something really interesting suggestions come up.
I can count on you all coz I watched couple of the movies that you all suggested. I should say more than a couple of them. I'm now more than acquaintance with my DVD Library fella now :)

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
offtopic

I don't know what is the problem.Whenever I try to view this specific thread and the Football Thread, I always get a blank screen and the browser says done.I have refreshed, deleted cookies and relogged in, but there is no fix.

Is anybody else experiencing this issue ?

This is one of my favourite threads in Digit Forum.
If nothing works out, then I would have to create a new ID and then start right from scratch.

Please help

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
The_Devil_Himself - drgrudge had given me a final warning, so I am extra cautious in posting reply to this thread buddy.

If what you say is true, then I should also be banned from *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44414 thread for now reason at all.

@ drgrudge - Have you banned me from this thread buddy ?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Be a bit careful with The Mask though.It's not a family comedy flick.Has kissing scenes,Cameroon Diaz with her cleavage scenes & "Oops Wrong pocket" joke.;)

ajayritik

Technomancer
mmm well strange may it sound but fair enough....BTW how old are you.... if I may ask......:)

Here we go.....

Starting from...

Finding Nimo
ICE AGE 1 2
Stuart Little 1 2
BABE 1 2
Cats n Dogs
Doctor DoLittle
101 Dialmations 1 2
Garfield 1 2
Space Jam
Who framed rogger Rabbit
HOOK
Goonies
Explorers
Honey I shrunk the kids (Does have one kiss scene)
Honey I blew up the kid
Babys day out
Home Alone 1 2 3 4
Gremlins
SHREK 1 2 3
Incridables
ANTZ 1 2
A Bugs Life
Beauty and the beast
Spy Kids
The karate Kid
Lion King 1 2
Monster Inc
Little Rascals
Chitty, Chitty, Bang, Bang
Free Willy
E.T
Problem Child (again there are few kisses)
Dunston Checks In
Kindergarden Cop
Chicken Little
Mouse Hunt
Matilda
The Mask
Chronicles of Narnia

Need I add more, I can.......:)....All movies perfect (few exceptions here n there) to be viewed with your or any family.....:)
Dude it would be nice if you can mention the genre as well. I have heard almost all the names you have mentioned and except for a few most of them I have watched. Most of them look like Animated movies too me! I can tell you that I'm over 25. I can't give u my exact age though! :) Arey yaar tell me some movies on the horror genre too! I heard a lot about Grudge but I think it has one or two scenes.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
watched Trainspotting (My Rating: 8.2/10) (Dunno why but this movie is unforgettable without any strong reasons)

Last edited:

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Just saw the first 10 minutes of Meet The Spartans which is supposed to be a spoof of 300 & god the thing was hilarious.:D

Will just have to find time tomorrow & watch the full film.Seems like a TP flick,if nothing else.:)

faraaz

Evil Genius
For an objective and authoritative review of Dawn of the Dead, refer to the link below:
*www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=dawn_rules

:D

ajayritik

Technomancer
When I was a kid I heard about a movie where the protagonist is a cannibal who used to kill people and eat them. I don't remember the name of the movie as I was very small that time and I wouldnt watch much of English movies. The movie would not be later than 1990. Any cannibal/hannibal movie around that time?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Just saw the first 10 minutes of Meet The Spartans which is supposed to be a spoof of 300 & god the thing was hilarious.:D

Will just have to find time tomorrow & watch the full film.Seems like a TP flick,if nothing else.:)
quite lame movie, despo attempt to make u laugh

When I was a kid I heard about a movie where the protagonist is a cannibal who used to kill people and eat them. I don't remember the name of the movie as I was very small that time and I wouldnt watch much of English movies. The movie would not be later than 1990. Any cannibal/hannibal movie around that time?
Silence of The Lambs
Red Dragon
Hannibal

Silence of the Lambs?
yup

watched Shaun Of The Dead (My Rating: 7.6/10) (ending was awesome, zombies were too slow)

1. The Decent

its is one of he most realistic horror movie, there are no stupid teens but mature women struggling with their life. So the actions are well though and intelligent.

Last edited:
Top Bottom