Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

ajayritik

Technomancer
Has anybody here seen the movie Johnny English? Is the movie good? I mean is it as hilarious as Rowan's other movies?

davinci

wid million core procesor
Two grt movies i really love to watch are V for vendetta and Equillibrium.I just can stop watching them over and over.

and as for Johnny English it was hilarious i just love Rowan.He is simply too good.

bharat_r

In the zone
These are some of my all time favorite movies . I suggest to watch these:

1. The Sixth Sense
2. Butterfly Effect
3. Cast Away
4. Forrest Gump
5. Pirates of the silicon valley
6. The Departed

ajayritik

Technomancer
Try these for a start...all are awesome movies...my fav....The fifth Eliment, I Robot and Robocop 1

1. The Fifth Element
2. Minority Report
3. I, Robot
4. Total Recall
5. Blade Runner
6. Robocop 1 (rest are all crap)
I have watched all of the above except Blade Runner. But I didn't watch these movies on my home theatre. let me check if I can watch them on my HT.

jxcess2

Banned
"THE MAN FROM EARTH" - This movie is just faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic. Trust me, watch this movie. This movie shud be on the list of every movie loving buff. Don't watch it- u'll be missing something very important in ur life. Rated 8.3 on imdb.com.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Completed watching House Party Triology.Enjoyed everyone of them.The first was the best & the last was a bit average.Second was was pretty good.The dance tracks & all the stupid ass one-liners are simply hilarious.;)

legolas

Padawan
"THE MAN FROM EARTH" - This movie is just faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaantastic. Trust me, watch this movie. This movie shud be on the list of every movie loving buff. Don't watch it- u'll be missing something very important in ur life. Rated 8.3 on imdb.com.
Wow, the concept seems really interesting and genuinely different. Will definitely try it... Thanks for the recommendation.

Just watched Gladiator today for the nth time!! OMG, I get goosebumps on hearing the dialogues!! What a brilliant movie :)

legolas

Padawan
Man from the Earth OMG, I watched this movie and it blew my brains out!! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG!!! I salute this imagination. This is the work of a genius. I envy this guy. OMG!!! I am still awe-struck. I get goose bumps whenever I think about this movie, I am not able to get this thing out of my mind. Sheer Brilliance!!

MUST MUST MUST WATCH!!

ajayritik

Technomancer
What's the story line like for Man from Earth? Is it a documentary? I have someone in the forum here tell its tad boring! I dont remember who it was though! Has anyone here watched Shining? How is it?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
The Shining is a psychological horror and somewhat deals with what circumstances can do to a mans mind. The end is not happy. You may want to see One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest after watching this movie.

Watched Irreversible (My Rating: 8.3/10) (The movie is emotional and will break u apart, its reverse chronology, perfect execution of every scene, based on a brutal rape and futile revenge)

can someone compare the The Accused scene to the Irreversible scene, am gonna watch the accused by this weekend.

Last edited:

legolas

Padawan
Irreversible -> I wasn't much convinced. Saw it long back... Monica Belluci :D
@ajayritik, the whole movie takes place in a room, where educated people rationally start with a fictional argument and then it takes a turn. I am sorry I don't want to spoil any more than this. But, check IMDB if you need more, I wouldn't advice you to do though.

//off-topic, @T159, don't get annoyed, coz I am asking this again. Do you rate your movies out of 100 and then divide by 10 to give your rating. Because, it is just rationally not process(able) to consider an individual giving a rating 8.3/10 or so, the decimal places... I just had to let out my curiosity :D

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Irreversible -> I wasn't much convinced. Saw it long back... Monica Belluci :D
@ajayritik, the whole movie takes place in a room, where educated people rationally start with a fictional argument and then it takes a turn. I am sorry I don't want to spoil any more than this. But, check IMDB if you need more, I wouldn't advice you to do though.

//off-topic, @T159, don't get annoyed, coz I am asking this again. Do you rate your movies out of 100 and then divide by 10 to give your rating. Because, it is just rationally not process(able) to consider an individual giving a rating 8.3/10 or so, the decimal places... I just had to let out my curiosity :D
offtopic: I usually dont give a rating unless I hav comprehended the meaning of a movie, the cinematography, character dialog and their execution. I read wikipedia and dig the threads in IMDB to see if i missed something or was my interpretation lacked somewhere. Then a rating comes (so its just not watch n rate kinda process, its watch > interpret > dig > another watch > more dig > rate).

Though the fraction was deducted just cuz the language and subtitle were out of beat at some moments. Guess I need to learn the language to enjoy them to the last bit.

***SPOILERS***
Btw Irreversible didnt look quite satisfying at one go. I later joined the pieces alongwith some users comment taken into consideration. If u see the there were two rape scenes , the first one could hav been stopped but the indifferent people just turned up instead of calling police or DIY, the last rape scene was avoided just cuz the man (who was inherently bovine and calm throughout the movie) smashed the perpetrator with extinguisher. Still the real guy was not the one he smashed. Even if u take revenge it will be futile, better protect whats yours.
***SPOILERS END***

Top Bottom