Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Wiki entry says it is an adaptation of Shakespeare's Titus Andronicus & with Naseeruddin Shah as actor no wonder you found it new & shocking(Titus Andronicus is considered by many as the most gory play of Shakespeare).

Yes..the credits have mentioned that name.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
The Foreigner 7/10

A revenge drama. Jackie Chan on serious note is the refreshing thing in this movie.

I've a question though,
Imagine Jackie's character does not exist in this movie, does this make any impact in the story arch? I don't think so.
The police did a good job tracking the terrorist. If Jackie had not existed I'm sure they would have caught/killed the bad guys.

Bright 5.5/10

Hmm, not sure how I feel about this movie. Not much impressed though.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hot Fuzz (2007) - 8/10
Excellent movie, comedy with action.
Simon pegg has done great in this and also in Shawn of the Dead :)

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
I found Justice League more entertaining than Batman vs Superman-Dawn of Justice though that still means Justice League is Ok movie for a one time watch.

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
Watched
Star Wars:the last Jedi - 6/10
Not getting wats good about the movie

Jumanji welcome to the jungle - 7/10
but it’s nothing compared to original jumanji

Raees - 7/10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

quan chi

mortal kombat
The Foreigner 7/10

A revenge drama. Jackie Chan on serious note is the refreshing thing in this movie.

I've a question though,
Imagine Jackie's character does not exist in this movie, does this make any impact in the story arch? I don't think so.
The police did a good job tracking the terrorist. If Jackie had not existed I'm sure they would have caught/killed the bad guys.
I think your spoiler question is right. Movie is good but due to the story or maybe script that character almost feels like an extra.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Bank Chor 6.5/10
(this is available in Amazon Prime FYI)

Till it reached the 'big reveal' scene I was wondering why such bad reviews of this. A really enjoyable movie. Then it seemed an inspiration of "Now you see me".
The hat and the money rain
Anyway, try it. May just enjoy this.

IT 7.5

Good horror movie since Conjuring series. I think of all recent horror stories very few directors really grasped the concept of horror. It's always about the unknown, unseen, the environment plays a big part in such movies. If it's revealed at the early stage then it's a tough task to keep audience's interest up till the end.

Baadshaho 4/10

Kuch bhi???!!! Why this movie even exists?

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Bank Chor 6.5/10
(this is available in Amazon Prime FYI)

Till it reached the 'big reveal' scene I was wondering why such bad reviews of this. A really enjoyable movie. Then it seemed an inspiration of "Now you see me".
The hat and the money rain
Anyway, try it. May just enjoy this.
Watched this movie on JetAirways flight.
Good low budget movie with a surprise twist....starts with a dull note but picks up as movie progresses

quan chi

mortal kombat
Chronicle (2012) - IMDb
Completely recommended. It is a well made movie. There may be a flaw in the story which may feel a bit rushed (so that they can reach the climax easily) but if we excuse it then overall its a good movie.

Last edited by a moderator:

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
Thor Ragnarok - 7.5
Best of Thor series, funny with good visuals. Sometimes tries to be too funny, specially with Hulk. Felt like Cate tried too hard to be a convincing baddie. Very much familiar to GotG, better than Vol. 2

Star Wars The Last Jedi - 5
This is not Star Wars. Sure has got the name and looks, but doesn't feels like it. Same was with VII, but Rogue One was much better.
Biggest disappointment was Luke, and WTF with Snoke. You build a mystery around him in VII and just outright kill him.
Disney seems to be taking SW the Superhero route as well. Felt too long, could have easily skipped a lot of the unnecessary scenes.

Blade Runner 2049 - 9
This is how you make a sequel. Staying true to the original and visually stunning. Great performance by everyone and a brilliant soundtrack. A must watch.

Sent from my ME301T using Tapatalk

Top Bottom