Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

icebags

Technomancer
FnF features eyecandy and stylish cars stuff, no wonder there are fans everywhere. in fact i will probably go n watch too, just because it feels good to see reckless cars speeding by (in film of course).

R2K

In the Zone
Fast anf furious movies are made like this :
First they choose the sexiest cars available. Then gorgeous looking girls who are into "cars' (What are the odds of that happening:D)
And storyline is just an excuse to show off the cars and their unbelievable driving skills.
Also if their car hit something during a high speed chase, there won't be any damage on their car. :D

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
star trek. was expecting some space exploration and planets and aliens. all of that was what the ship set out to do at the end of the film. that bromance got irritating quickly. the 3d is too much, cities don't appear in so much parallax irl. in the end credit sequence they made planets and galaxies look like footballs. only galactus can see planets like that.

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Fast anf furious movies are made like this :
First they choose the sexiest cars available. Then gorgeous looking girls who are into "cars' (What are the odds of that happening:D)
And storyline is just an excuse to show off the cars and their unbelievable driving skills.
Also if their car hit something during a high speed chase, there won't be any damage on their car. :D

Thier arent even great looking cars now ... where are the aventador , r8 ,veyron , mp4-12c , zonda , koenigseggs , porsches etc ...

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Dark Skies 5/10

This movie is simply dumb. IDK how did it manage those good reviews! You could watch but don't expect anything, like anything and obviously, must must not watch "Dark Skies" and "Mama" together, in any order.

This thread in IMDB discussion board points the exact points that I've problem with. Warning, read only if you've seen the movie.
There was so many things wrong with this movie, I don't know where to begin.

* What perfect, coincidental timing! No sooner had they just been to see the "expert" and learn that "soon things will be coming to an end, they're going to take some one" and it just so happens to be that very safe night - lucky they prepared for it that evening!

* After a few seconds Googling the strange goings-on (and googling via some random search engine, because no one uses Google in real life!), it turns out the first page you click on ALWAYS tells you exactly everything you need to know about the strangeness, with no further research required - AND!! for extra luckiness - the "expert" from said webpage just so happens to live in the same town as you, so you can go round for a visit! Phew! That's a relief!

* After literally uttering the words "we can't go to the police, they'll think we are crazy", the characters head straight on home to board up every window in the house - yeah, that's completely normal and wouldn't be noticed by anyone.

* The aliens have mastered the ability to travel across the vast distances of space, manipulate time and matter, but a few planks of wood across the windows should probably keep them out and away from your family. Flawless logic.

* "Quick! The aliens are coming to abduct our son - let's put the children alone in a room, whilst we split up and I wander down the hallway to see why the tv just came on, leaving them totally unprotected." Flawless logic part 2.

* The "expert" says you can't take the implant out, because every time you try, it goes deeper under the skin...... hmmmm.... if only SOMEONE ELSE could take it out for you..... if only there existed a building you could go to that had people with surgical training and medical equipment.... pity no such place exists.

* So both the parents are witness to missing time, strange dreams, random cuts/bleeding, they see the video taps blur and miss time, they are the only house 3 different types of birds crash into, they find their son outside without the alarm going off, they all have memory loss, the kids draw pictures of aliens, the alarm goes off without reason, the kitchen items are arranged to give perfect images of highly advanced geometric shapes, photos vanish without a trace, but when "aliens" are suggested as being behind it the guy flips out and starts laughing - "you can't be serious, there's no such thing as aliens, thats insane, its completely beyond the realm of possibility, there's no life anywhere in the universe except for earth, I'm an architect, I know that for a fact - hell, there's probably a perfectly normal explanation for everything we've both been witness to - it probably happens all the time. Aliens - you're crazy loco".

* In real life, public health department officials always call you back to only utter mysterious and ominous phrases like "its almost as it something strange was drawing them to your house" [insert dramatic sound effect here] just at the exact moment something weird and unexplainable has happened to you.

* The "expert" says the aliens always take the one they first make contact with - which turns out to be the older brother, not the younger brother as the movie makes us believe; and yet THREE MONTHS LATER the mother is shocked to discover the eldest son had been drawing pictures of aliens and she never knew it! [insert another dramatic sound effect here] - er, HELLO!! of course he was the first contact if they took him! DUH!

* Its just as well, three months later, the radio/walkie-talkie has been left switched on in a box of toys, and the batteries still work, and the aliens use the exact same frequency, otherwise the mother wouldn't be able to hear her son talking on it somewhere.

* "Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention it - your son has geometric brandings all over his body - obviously you're both busy parents and you wouldn't possibly notice it - but no biggie, it's probably perfectly normal".... and lets not refer to it at any point in the movie again.

*www.imdb.com/title/tt2387433/board/flat/212822113

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Dark Skies 5/10

This movie is simply dumb. IDK how did it manage those good reviews! You could watch but don't expect anything, like anything and obviously, must must not watch "Dark Skies" and "Mama" together, in any order.
Why you watch flop film like this ????? :D :D

digitfan

Right Off the Assembly Line
Dark Skies 5/10
This movie is simply dumb. IDK how did it manage those good reviews!
Some movies are just like that full of stupidity but still are overhyped and gets commercial success.Like Ironman3. Therefore don't go by the reviews everytime. Try to judge it on your own.

suyash_123

Techno Freak
this weekends watched below movies

1. Fight CLUB : After watching movie i said " WTH i seen right now?"

The complete movie turn upside down , inside out and was hard for me to understand for some time and absorb that ..
But it is one time must watch movie :)

Rating 7.5 out of 10

Star Trek : 6.0 /10.0.

I like : 3D effect , great visual effects ,
I didnt like : story not that powerful , Action not that entertaining , not got many things (unless u seen prev episode of star trek)

Star trek fan will like it, unless you seen previous star trek episodes , you will not have much fun

Like me : i m new to STAR trek series , i doono much so i didnt like it much then my friends

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Star Trek : 6.0 /10.0.

I like : 3D effect , great visual effects ,
I didnt like : story not that powerful , Action not that entertaining , not got many things (unless u seen prev episode of star trek)

Star trek fan will like it, unless you seen previous star trek episodes , you will not have much fun

Like me : i m new to STAR trek series , i doono much so i didnt like it much then my friends

I thought Completely opposite of what you think (except the visual fx thing)

a_medico

Chillum Baba
this weekends watched below movies

1. Fight CLUB : After watching movie i said " WTH i seen right now?"

The complete movie turn upside down , inside out and was hard for me to understand for some time and absorb that ..
But it is one time must watch movie :)

Rating 7.5 out of 10

It's enjoyed the best on the second viewing. Do give it a try.

You see Tyler Durden some 4-5 times even before he appears for the first time on the elevator!

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Side Effects (2013) - 8/10

What can i say other than the fact that, not only the movie has a terrific script, but also has been directed meticulously. Watched a good thriller after a long time.
I kind of like jude law's acting and he has been brilliant in this one. I always thought he was the romantic kind of actor, but this movie puts it all wrong. He's extremely diverse in his roles and can play any part.

Rooney Mara also proves her once again after "The girl with the dragon tatoo". Finally my fav, Catherine Zeta Jones has been tremendous with a very different part to play never seen before.
More of an antagonist type but that word is kind of vague here.

I would suggest people not to read the plot anywhere and give the movie a try. Its a must watch to be honest.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
After Sinister a good horror movie, give it a try.

I was utterly disappointed in Sinister. The build-up seemed pretty good, but then it got really tiring and somehow took a sloppy turn towards the end. Same goes for Texas Chainsaw, which really felt like B-movie, with Alexandra Daddario being the exception.

I'll tell you which movie did surprise me though; Warm Bodies. I saw it this weekend and boy was I glad I picked it up. I vaguely remember watching it's trailer and the concept really felt quite interesting to me. This was a lovely movie, albeit a bit cheesy, but certainly well acted and featuring a melodious OST. It somewhat resembles the first Twilight film, but only this is more comic and fun to watch. Chillum, this is right up your alley. ;)

I'm planning to re-watch Alien & Aliens, as it's been a bloody long time since I have seen both of them. Question is, which copy should I pick up - Director's Cut or the Theatrical one?

Top Bottom