Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
I was utterly disappointed in Sinister. The build-up seemed pretty good, but then it got really tiring and somehow took a sloppy turn towards the end. Same goes for Texas Chainsaw, which really felt like B-movie, with Alexandra Daddario being the exception.

I'll tell you which movie did surprise me though; Warm Bodies. I saw it this weekend and boy was I glad I picked it up. I vaguely remember watching it's trailer and the concept really felt quite interesting to me. This was a lovely movie, albeit a bit cheesy, but certainly well acted and featuring a melodious OST. It somewhat resembles the first Twilight film, but only this is more comic and fun to watch. Chillum, this is right up your alley. ;)

I'm planning to re-watch Alien & Aliens, as it's been a bloody long time since I have seen both of them. Question is, which copy should I pick up - Director's Cut or the Theatrical one?

I don't know why you didn't like sinister. It was like one of the best horror movies i've ever watched. The ending was surprising too with tension right up till the end.

Watched warm bodies and i would give it a 7/10. Its different from all zombie movies out there. The ost is brilliant and i do agree on that part. GnR - Patience & Chad Valley - Shell Suite are the ones worth mentioning.

Last edited:

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Finally got to see Prometheus - 8/10...very impressive..good plot and suspense...don't know why people got so angry over this movie...yes the alien makes an appearance at the end but the plot leading to the aliens was outstanding...

Flash

Lost in speed
It's like a romantic zombie movie. A first of its kind. You'll like it. :)
I was impressed with trailer itself, where his heart starts beating; Yet to watch it, probably this weekend. :D

I'll tell you which movie did surprise me though; Warm Bodies. I saw it this weekend and boy was I glad I picked it up. I vaguely remember watching it's trailer and the concept really felt quite interesting to me. This was a lovely movie, albeit a bit cheesy, but certainly well acted and featuring a melodious OST. It somewhat resembles the first Twilight film, but only this is more comic and fun to watch. Chillum, this is right up your alley. ;)

Maybe because of Terasa palmer :p I mistook as Kristen stewart at first.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
I was impressed with trailer itself, where his heart starts beating; Yet to watch it, probably this weekend. :D

Yeah, the movie is good. Watched it a couple of days back. The soundtrack like ethan mentioned is extremely nice with some really catchy tunes.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Have seen "Shaun of the dead" and before you mention...yes "Zombieland" too. The Zombie effect is shadowed by awesome comedy (like our very own "Go Goa Gone")

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Have seen "Shaun of the dead" and before you mention...yes "Zombieland" too. The Zombie effect is shadowed by awesome comedy (like our very own "Go Goa Gone")

Warm Bodies is different mate. A must match. It's not a zom-com but zom-rom :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Grave Encounters 1 and 2 -- the first one deserves 5/10 and the second one 4/10.

A Nightmare on Elm Street 3 Dream Warriors 1987 - ah! a sweet horror movie from the 80s .. what a pleasure ;-) this one gets 7.5/10.

48 Hours - another nice movie from the 80's and theis comedy action flick gets 7/10.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
I don't know why you didn't like sinister.

That is because I wouldn't deem it as a horror movie at all, not in the traditional sense that is. It could be labeled in the Thriller genre. I wasn't even remotely scared/spooked/startled throughout the movie. To be honest, I'm more of an old school horror guy, so everything from the 80's is where the horror genre was in it's purest form.

Gearbox said:
Maybe because of Terasa palmer I mistook as Kristen stewart at first.

Yep. They look like long lost sisters. But it's not just that, it's the theme of the movie which seems very Twilight-ish. Also, I'm not sure how many of you noticed this, but the lead actor's (Nicholas Hoult) entire get-up makes him look exactly like the new Dante from recent Devil May Cry game.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
here it comes:

Oh man not again. The original gave me seizures. It was the most boring movie i've ever watched. I have "before sunset" but never dared to watch it.
This is like the one of the movies i would recommend everyone to avoid. Maybe it offers something that is beyond my comprehensive capabilities.

Dark skies - 5.5/10

Not a scary movie in any sense but has a decent plot. Its about alien abduction.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
I like before sunset more than before sunrise. Both movies are good. May be it's not your taste but perhaps an acquired taste.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
Oh man not again. The original gave me seizures. It was the most boring movie i've ever watched. I have "before sunset" but never dared to watch it.
This is like the one of the movies i would recommend everyone to avoid. Maybe it offers something that is beyond my comprehensive capabilities.

watched before sunrise
it simply sucked..
no damn story..

You guys are still kids . Go watch POGO .

Top Bottom