Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
Iron Man 3- 7.5/10...tbh i had a bit more expectation from the movie..but not at all disappointing as some are putting it out to be...better than Iron man 2 but nowhere close to the first one..still recommended..saw it in Imax..worth it...

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Tip for movie fans.. don't get your hopes very high on any movie, cut down on trailers and previews, this way you don't get your hopes high and wont be disappointed if the movie turns out bad :p

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
36 Chamber Of Shaolin gist
This is a movie where a kid goes to a shaolin temple. Tries to learn Kung-Fu but messes up everytime. He in hte process though creates a different skillset. As per tradition anyone graduating Kung-Fu must challenge all the masters of all chambers of Shaolin. Till that time Shaolin had only 35 chambers.
He fought will all and won.
Then he decided to teach the common man the arts of Kung-Fu but head monk refused him to do so. He was given two choices either stay in temple and be a master of a chamber or quit temple and do whatever.
He chose quiting and thus a 36th chamber of shaolin was created which was allowed to teach common men Kung-Fu.

I don't see drama in it. The movie is funny though. Like chinese fun.

icebags

Technomancer
you dont know how much funny it gets to watch a Chinese movie in Tamil. Tamil is not my mother tongue but still its hilarious :D

same goes when u see chinese dubbed version of rajnikanth movies. :D most ppl will need sub when watching either audio tho. :rofl:

Guys need some help on finding out the name of the movie. My wife watched this movie the other day I guess on Star Movies it's a Chinese movie wherein the hero joins the monastery and whatever he tries to do ends up in a funny situation.
Any guess?

expected it could be 36 chambers, but problem is plenty many chinese movies start with hero going to shaolin temples (remember enter the dragon ? bruce li was a temple product too .). u remember who played the hero role ?

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Escape from Alcatraz (1979): 8/10

*i.imgur.com/9g0A52t.jpg

A group of inmates attempt a daring escape from the notorious Alcatraz prison island, from which no-one had managed to escape before. Based on a true story.

From IMDB review: This film is about a convict with multiple successful escape history attempting to escape from Alcatraz.

It is easy to make a prison escape film to be distracted by fights, torture and bribery, but in "Escape from Alcatraz" the film stays highly focused. It tells the escape from planning to execution. It is well presented and developed. I do care for the characters and their stories. Several scenes remind me instantly of "Shawshank Redemption", and I wonder why this film is not as highly regarded. Or otherwise, why "Shawshank Redemption" is so highly regarded when some scenes of it are direct copies of "Escape from Alcatraz".

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
"......and I wonder why this film is not as highly regarded. Or otherwise, why "Shawshank Redemption" is so highly regarded when some scenes of it are direct copies of "Escape from Alcatraz".

Because GOD acted in it as Morgan Freeman...

*d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/5061578_700b.jpg

R2K

In the Zone
Warm Bodies (2013)
First twillight series where a girl fell in love with a vampire. Now in this film, we got a girl falling in love with a damn zombie. I don't even know what to say :D

suyash_123

Techno Freak
Watched TABLE No 21

good movie ... starting is some what boring, but pick up after arrival of paresh raval. Climax end on very sensitive Note in real life ... Must watch at least one time in ur life time

Movie somewhat looks like "THE condemned " movie : but it is not copy !!!

Movie is about Rule no 21 in Indian govt : against ragging / bullying in schools and colleges .. ending is really Sensitive ... hurt my heart in end

Also watched iron man 3 last Sunday .

Enjoyed entire movie as i m gr8 fan of it . But Climax Hurt me badly :( :( :(

Also last fight is in Night which is very very very bad thing to watch in 3D :( cannot enjoy 3D in Night shots.

Also New IRON man suit are shown in night , so No clear View and 3D make is difficult to get details ....

Rating : 8.5 out of 10

Will Watch in 2D this sat + Star trek in 3d on sunday :)

watching jolly LLB will review soon

Watching Jurassic park in Tamil was damn hilarious !!! "Dinosaur vandirikku ooodingeeee !!!"

It was worst expirence to watch MIB In hindi.. Hopeless dialogue ..

Dialogues like " jao ghar jake saas bahu ke serials dekho" , " kolkatta jana hai - Machhe (fish) curry khane ke liye "

WTF :(

Top Bottom