Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

rajatGod512

N00B Troller
Iron Man 3 8/10 , To those wondering about the trailers shown , there were quite a few - Zambezia ,Now You See Me , Star Trek Into Darkness , Monsters University . I liked the movie , 3D was pretty much non-existent save for a hand full of scenes. Review coming up in Movie Review thread.

EDIT: Review Posted

Last edited:

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Paths of Glory(1957) - 9/10
Where Eagles Dare (1968) -8.5/10

P.S: I am a war movie freak. Please suggest more such good movies :D

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
The Last Stand (2013)- 7/10...Not bad really...even with a narrow plot...this movie has enough to entertain you till the end...Arnie was good...its a movie you should watch on a lazy afternoon...

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Well then either you have not seen enough, or have not even remotely followed my posts .....
Yes I almost do rate all movies between 6 and 7, coz I have seen so much that nothing much impresses me to go beyond 7 these days. But as I said people who do follow my posts, will know that I do rate movie that go beyond 7. Lets take an example, from 2010 begining till date that would be 4 years....... following are the movie that have touched or crossed my 7 rating .........

71:Into the fire
My Way
Django Unchanged
The avengers
Inception
Flight
X men first class
ted
the impossible
kick ass
tangled
tron legacy
how to train your dragon
shutter island
limitless
the town
real steel
madagascar 3
127 hours
act of valor
megamind
the way back.
unthinkable
the green zone
repo men
buried
ip man 2
trust

28 to be precise ,,,,,,,, there are those as well that have touched or crossed 8 (2010-2013), but the number would be far far less

Regards
Sammy

Ok, so how about giving a short review and rating for One Piece Film Z? :doublethumb:

a_medico

Chillum Baba
But as I said people who do follow my posts, will know that I do rate movie that go beyond 7. Lets take an example, from 2010 begining till date that would be 4 years....... following are the movie that have touched or crossed my 7 rating .........

28 to be precise ,,,,,,,, there are those as well that have touched or crossed 8 (2010-2013), but the number would be far far less

You sound like Subodh from Dil Chahata hai.

Well then either you have not seen enough, or have not even remotely followed my posts .....

Chill. We do follow your posts and like your opinions. And we do understand your rating system too. And probably you are too obsessive about it. Its not a bad thing though. Thats also why you are one of the stars of this thread.

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Yes I almost do rate all movies between 6 and 7, coz I have seen so much that nothing much impresses me to go beyond 7 these days. But as I said people who do follow my posts, will know that I do rate movie that go beyond 7. Lets take an example, from 2010 begining till date that would be 4 years....... following are the movie that have touched or crossed my 7 rating .........

71:Into the fire
My Way
Django Unchanged
The avengers
Inception
Flight
X men first class
ted
the impossible
kick ass
tangled
tron legacy
how to train your dragon
shutter island
limitless
the town
real steel
madagascar 3
127 hours
act of valor
megamind
the way back.
unthinkable
the green zone
repo men
buried
ip man 2
trust

Regards
Sammy

Yep, couldnt have put it better myself .. :)

I have seen the blue colored ones in the list and i completely agree with your judgement on ratings. All of them were fantastic. Yet to watch repo men, unthinkable, the town ,tron's legacy and flight and i have all of them in 1080p. The other's that are left are the ones i've never heard of. Will check them out too. Your choice of movies is great really. :)

Last edited:

Sandeep Roy

Broken In
@sam9s.. seen all of those "7 or above" films post 2010.. would like to know the same for prior-2010.

I'm still waiting for a movie that would blow my mind like Inception did. Its been 3yrs and counting, still no film which I could rate better than Inception.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Wake up Sid - Watched it quite late. Good and different movie. Konkana and Ranbir acted well. The movie missed the X-factor which could have made it outstanding. It was a strong subject.

Confession of Murder - Watched it for half and hour after Wake up Sid. Then started to feel sleep. First half hour was interesting. Eager to finish it tonight.

subodh used to keep every memory of his gf in numbers.......:)... let me share a secret, since its a long time now so no harm I guess, I infact was even more. much more fanatic than subodh when it came to keeping a track of things, including my gf. I used to keep a track of every single meeting that I used to spend with her with every single date, time and moment noted ...:D,:D,:D .... yes yes you are all are allowed to laugh, but its ok, that was my way of preserving her memories ....... :)

:D

pratik385

In the zone
Paths of Glory(1957) - 9/10
Where Eagles Dare (1968) -8.5/10

P.S: I am a war movie freak. Please suggest more such good movies :D

Here's the list man, bolded are my fav. :)

All Quiet on the Western Front (1930)
The Bridge on the River Kwai (1957)
Paths of Glory (1957)
The Longest Day (1962)
The Great Escape (1963)
Battle of the Bulge (1965)
The Dirty Dozen (1967)
Where Eagles Dare (1968)
Tora! Tora! Tora! (1970)
Cross of Iron (1977)
The Deer Hunter (1978)
Apocalypse Now (1979)
Das Boot (1981)
Come and See (1985)
Platoon (1986)
Full Metal Jacket (1987)
Empire of the Sun (1987)
Good Morning, Vietnam (1987)
Schindler's List (1993)
Saving Private Ryan (1998)
The Thin Red Line (1998)
U-571 (2000)
Black Hawk Down (2001)
The Pianist (2002)
Downfall (2004)
Letters from Iwo Jima (2006)
The Hurt Locker (2008)
Valkyrie (2008)
Inglourious Basterds (2009)

-------------------------------------------

Iron Man 3 - 5/10
Well there was no point making it a 3D and movie lacks in every department :/
Dont know why you guys are giving 8 or 9, must be due to heat of the moment :p

Cast:
Seriously, you may wanna skip this movie..robert and gwyneth were really sluggish in act...
WTF with Ben Kingsley, guys a legend and given such a cheap role, i was heart broken here

Direction:
Too disconnected. Pacing kept going back and forth
Mandarin, lol perfect e.g. of badly developed character
suits breaking like eggs hahaha! it dint even break by Thor's hammer once upon a time :p

Screen play:
Shane seriously have done a shitty job here..only thing i love was the way iron man wear his suit thats all
he could have done a much better job, damn!

avoid this, first part was only good :)

Top Bottom