Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

cyborg47

Technomancer
~snipped!
Wrong thread

Iron Man 3 6.5/10

One long boring movie! Yes, I said that. Now don't kill me. Its boring and its long and I wish someone claim himself as "Mandarin" and kill the director. He insulted Mandarin!!!

And, I know you won't listen to me but don't go for 3D, this movie does not have a good 3D and does not deserve to be viewed in 3D.

Another IM2 debacle? :|

dud3rulz

A Silent Guardian
Movie was good...but it had it's fair share of lows. What they did to Mandarin was bad. Can we have a villain who isn't a corporate biggie ? entertaining special effects, excessive jokes which didn't click. Defnitely better than IM2 but IM1 is still the best in the series imo. 7.5/10.

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
those who have watched Iron Man 3 , what trailers were shown along with the movie ?

yeah even i would like to know this...A friend of mine told me pacific rim was played in IMAX..any other?

will be watching IM3 after 4th May when my exam ends...long wait this... :(

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
Iron man 3- 9.6/10

dam this is the last movie

those who have watched Iron Man 3 , what trailers were shown along with the movie ?
BUT AFTER THE CREDITS they say TONY WILL RETURN, but a quick google search has some pop ups saying IRON MAN 3 is last

None they din't show any trailers, as the movie itself started 5-10 mins late

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Safe-Haven(2013) - 6.5/10

Movie isn't that much predictable and has a climax with a total twist. Not a typical romantic movie but does a good job at it.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
Upstream Color - I didn't know what hit me after watching this. It had tinges of few David Lynch movies, Perfect Sense, Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind and Primer. And it turns out that this is the second movie of the director after Primer!

After reading the spoilers, I am able to decode it slowly. I couldnt decode Primer but I guess I am doing good on this one. This is not everybody's cup of tea. But a must watch for Primer fans.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
3:10 To Yuma: 8.5/10

watched it again yesterday after a looong time. One of the best takes on Ol' West movies in the recent film history.
Russel Crowe and Christian Bale = Awesome.

did I smell Wild West .. I've to see this.

I think everyone should watch sergio leone's movies like the good, the bad and the ugly and once upon a time in the west and few of stanley kubrick's too like the shining, dr strangelove and a clockwork orange etc and I know many of you doesn't even know about these movies let alone the directors so just give it a try then and yep I like classic movies more then the modern crap :)

You missed For a Few Dollars More and a Fistful of Dollars ;-) ... I've seen many wild west movies but never seen Dr. Strangelove or A ClockWork Organge .. I personally do love old movies than newer ones and always stay away from remakes.

many people didn't like this movie :-?

I've a deep feeling about SH .. the first one also has not got proper rating and same is true for the second part .. these movies has imperfections but the story line is very deep and touchy.

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
^:rofl: :D
what makes you think that we havent watched them??

thanks for the advice anyway :lol:

btw, since you mention Dr. Strangelove, what kind of Comedy do you think the movie has, which makes in appear on the Top Comedy movies in IMDB listing??

any answers??

Top Bottom