Movies Discussion Thread V1: Ratings and Opinions

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
22) Inglorious *******s (2009) : In Nazi-occupied France during World War II, a plan to assassinate Nazi leaders by a group of Jewish U.S. soldiers coincides with a theatre owner's vengeful plans for the same

Profanity filter much :lol:

theterminator

Wise Old Owl
Re: The Movie Review Thread

Did any1 saw Arnold's The Last Stand? What a sh!tload of a movie. Disappointed the same way as with The Expendables 2.

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Don't know about Meg Ryan's coz i haven't seen "When harry met sally" but she was definitely better than kate in "Eternal sunshine of a spotless mind" Her acting far far exceeds her age actually. She was totally unpredictable in the movie with over the top dialogue delivery, and that psychotic tinge in her character was brilliantly played, matching the plot in every sense. Agreed on your rating though.

Bradley was obviously great but jennifer had a more pivotal role that helped shape the movie. Thus the oscar. :)
She had a bold role with total out-of-place dialogs. But, she never acted better than those two actors I mentioned. Yes, if you consider her age she's really young to pull that off (Meg Ryan was 28 and Kate was 29 when they did those movies) but I still don't think the Oscar is not justified. If Oscar committee would have had some "best debutant actress" award like Filmfare, she should have got that then.

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
2001 : A Space Odyssey - 9/10

Somewhat confusing and spooky at times :)

How did they hear the noise in moon where there is no atmosphere ?

Neuron

Electronic.
If you understand Malayalam or if you can manage to get subtitles and if you like good movies watch Vidheyan.

quagmire

Allllright !
Iron Man 3 3D:

Plot: 6/10
Kidnapping president of the US was such a cliche.. Expected more from writers..
BTW Will Iron Man return in Avengers 2?

Screenplay: 6/10.. Uneven pace.. Suspense is not compromised though..

Direction: 7/10.. Surprisingly good

VFX :10/10.. Another marvel by MARVEL studios
3D effects: 6/10
Loved every Mark suit..

Soundtrack : Functional.. But not as good as IM1..
SFX: Complements VFX extremely well.. Should watch again at home to rate..

Overall: 8.5/10 (Big VFX fan here)
Must watch if you liked IM 1&2..

Inceptionist

Journeyman
2001 : A Space Odyssey - 9/10

Somewhat confusing and spooky at times :)

How did they hear the noise in moon where there is no atmosphere ?
In their headphones?
I'm guessing that you are talking about scene where the Monolith on the Moon is activated.

ajayritik

Technomancer
No mate, that wasn't the reason. Although i did watch the 720p rip, the real reason was that recently i've become a huge fan of shruti hassan after watching 7 aum Arivu. Her entire filmography ( excluding the past bollywood ones are in my list of must watch movies). The girl brings extreme innocence and simplicity to the picture. My first and only favorite indian actress. :)

You mean S_V right ? I know Sunil through TDF only and never met him. We talk sometimes and yes he's a good friend of mine. I'm from cuttack odisha, thus no understanding of southern languages. :)

Yeah by S_V I mean Sunil. I have heard good things about you from him.

Regarding Shruti Hassan I'm surprised with your compliments on her acting skills down south there aren't much people who think good about her

Allu Azad

Time Ruins Everything
In their headphones?
I'm guessing that you are talking about scene where the Monolith on the Moon is activated.

Yes that scene .

There is no implied scene that they are hearing it in their headphones . The scene doesn't look like that .

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
If you stayed till the end of the credits , It said "Tony Stark will Return". Also , Whedon / Feige are pretty sure that Downey will return in Avengers 2

A noob question, who are Whedon/Fiege & Downey ? Noob in sense I have watched IM1,2,3 and still can't remember them. Make me identify them by telling movie scenes please :p

Inceptionist

Journeyman
A noob question, who are Whedon/Fiege & Downey ? Noob in sense I have watched IM1,2,3 and still can't remember them. Make me identify them by telling movie scenes please :p

*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joss_Whedon - Overlord of Marvel Cinematic Universe and director of 'The Avengers'
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Feige - Marvel's President of Production
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Downey,_Jr. - Iron Man :shock::-|

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
Yeah by S_V I mean Sunil. I have heard good things about you from him.

Really?.:eek: Actually he's a very good and humble guy. Haven't spoken to him after my surgery. :) So you must be knowing him closely. I can see you too are from Hyderabad. :)

Regarding Shruti Hassan I'm surprised with your compliments on her acting skills down south there aren't much people who think good about her

Hehe, well its subjective.:) From the two movies i've seen, her acting skills seem brilliant. She really fits well into her character and her dialogue delivery is seamless and confident.
Facial expressions, body language are impressive too ( Thus i mentioned Quantic dream). Maybe most people expect her to be glamorous all the time and thus don't like her. But i like the simplicity as well as her modesty in acting. The last movie i mentioned was absolutely soul stirring stuff. I really doubt if other female leads can pull off what shruti has in that movie. :)

Sandeep Roy

Broken In
Iron Man 3D - 7/10
Average, good direction and shots, average script, below average storyline, few good punches as expected, film too predictable and mainstream. Didnt seem anything special to me.
Enjoyed watching it with frnds, but just as other Iron Man movies, wont wish watch it again.

The man from earth: 7.5/10

Tenida

Gadget Freak
Von Ryan's Express (1965) :
An American POW leads a group mainly British prisoners to escape from the Germans in WWII. Must watch classic war based film :)

Von Ryan's Express (1965) Starring: Frank Sinatra, Trevor Howard, Raffaella Carra - Three Movie Buffs Review

Top Bottom